2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we can still discuss Port's crowds of 5 years ago ad nauseum but we can't discuss today's most topical issue that was the lead on the award winning football show?

O ........ k ....... then

You are a clown.

Did you not hear what Fagan said? ??????

I thought you were joking with your first comment.

We are making a s...load more money on memberships that them. Most of our membership prices are about 40% higher. I sit in the Eastern stand level 5 Row R (Max Basheer stand).

My seat costs $395 for 11 games, if I was a Port member this same seat would cost me only $230.

Thats a difference if $165 per seat, work that out at say 8000 seats, that is $1.3 MILLION MORE in the Eastern stand alone more money we have in the bank than Port.

Your logic is flawed.

We have the best CEO in the AFL right now, the way he has hit the media this afternoon and explained our plan has blown Pafc and Rucci out of the water.
Best CEO in the AFL? Dear god we have some blind people here. How you can compare a guy who has been in the job for less than a year, with no track record of anything in the AFL to the CEO of Hawthorn or Geelong who have created dynastys is beyond me.
We have just as many blind supporters as Port does.

I thought he asked him that exact same question last week. I think he just worded it differently tonight.

I know what u mean but I dont think they do tell the guests what they are going to ask because they dont seem to have answers ready.
I just enjoy Bomber finishing his dishevelled sentences with a hmmm.

Good to see *PAF back here.

Has gone missing from the Crows board since Port's season was shot.
Nah its never been about form. I may have even posted more on here during 2008 2012 than any other period.

Only post if I get to watch your games or if there is a conversation I get sucked into. Don't get to watch that many games nowadays and the conversations have become a bit facebooky, and not just on here. :)

EDIT: what's the go with that post you added? Was it my last one on here?

You need to stop with the chicken little attitude to the club. Well, you don't but you really should be embarrassed by it sometimes.

Here is why: Sometimes when perusing the Bay I read trolling by Port Power posters which is almost verbatim tue same as yours. If the Tealsters use it as trolling material on the Bay it shows how much credibility your argument holds.

But that's up to you.

I get the legitimate disappointment you feel. But if you go back to the start of the year and re-read about how Port Power restructured their membership sales, their aim was to maximize membership numbers to "make sure more fans could see games".

The real test is membership revenue. And 11 game members.
Your only looking at it blindly.
For instance, we have less members in 2015 than 2014. The BS arguement put forward that this is what the club wanted by moving people to 11 game memberships beggers belief.
If the this was true we would still have the same amount of members but they would have taken 11 game memberships. The reality is a few thousand people who were members of the club in some manner have decided they no longer want to be.
How anyone can paint that into a good thing is amazing.
What will you say if our membership revenue this year is less or no different?
Will you still say the club and Fages are the resurected son of god himself? If the numbers are released and we have increased our membership revenue by 30% or more I will happily say that I over reacted. However if there is no growth or minimal at best (less than 5%) will you man up and say Fages has failed?

Best CEO in the AFL? Dear god we have some blind people here. How you can compare a guy who has been in the job for less than a year, with no track record of anything in the AFL to the CEO of Hawthorn or Geelong who have created dynastys is beyond me.
We have just as many blind supporters as Port does.
Remind me why you support the Crows again?

Apparently we are the worst at everything and everyone else is the greatest. .....

For instance, we have less members in 2015 than 2014. The BS arguement put forward that this is what the club wanted by moving people to 11 game memberships beggers belief.
If the this was true we would still have the same amount of members but they would have taken 11 game memberships. The reality is a few thousand people who were members of the club in some manner have decided they no longer want to be.
Will you still say the club and Fages are the resurected son of god himself? If the numbers are released and we have increased our membership revenue by 30% or more I will happily say that I over reacted. However if there is no growth or minimal at best (less than 5%) will you man up and say Fages has failed?
So if the members that didn't renew did that because they loved Trigg and didn't like that he left

......or were Sando fans and were disgruntled because we sacked him....

Before you go off half-cocked find out if the drop is statistically significant or within normal variation.

I'm not bothered by any of it, it's always dick measuring contests in the end. We'll have more 11 game members, they'll have more 3 game members, we still get bigger crowds, they can be hit/miss.

Kochhead said that Port measured their member at 15 cms which is more than the Crows 8 inches lol

Not what I meant. We dropped from 60,000 to 54k or whatever it was partially because both clubs count all SMA members and we have some SANFL only members. The same thing happened last year. However your drop appears to be larger than just the Port component of SMA members. Do you have some SANFL only members?

And yes I do know how spell both lose and loose. :D

What specifics are needed for the member to "count"? From what I remember they need to have spent over $50 and need to have supplied an address, is that it or does the membership option also require game day access?

The way I understood what Fages was saying on the radio this afternoon was that they have sold all the available seating for the games, and so had structured various membership packages to allow additional supporters and those without the ability to attend games to still become Adelaide Crows members.

Whether these additional membership packages fall outside the "counted" variety and why is beyond me but that is the gist of what I understood him to be saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if the members that didn't renew did that because they loved Trigg and didn't like that he left

......or were Sando fans and were disgruntled because we sacked him....

Before you go off half-cocked find out if the drop is statistically significant or within normal variation.
Your not answering questions.
There were only three clubs that lost members. We were one of them. Every single friggen club wants more members not less, thats why the have membership drives and have salea staff ringing up all their old members to get them back on board. Except Adelaide, where we have adopted the opposite theory of less members is better than more. And our supporters think thats also good.
There is no normal variation of going backwards. Its a shit result to lose members.
I cant actually believe this needs explaining. Thats why our club is being mentioned in all the media around Australia as recording poor membership numbers. But I guess the entire AFL community is wrong.
So, time for you to answer my question.

Seriously, you jumped to that from what I said? Do you think Fages has proven himself as the best CEO in the AFL above the CEOs of the Hawks or Geelong for instance?

facepalm1.jpg

Your not answering questions.
There were only three clubs that lost members. We were one of them. Every single friggen club wants more members not less, thats why the have membership drives and have salea staff ringing up all their old members to get them back on board. Except Adelaide, where we have adopted the opposite theory of less members is better than more. And our supporters think thats also good.
There is no normal variation of going backwards. Its a shit result to lose members.
I cant actually believe this needs explaining. Thats why our club is being mentioned in all the media around Australia as recording poor membership numbers. But I guess the entire AFL community is wrong.
So, time for you to answer my question.
we set a club record for total memberships, we only went backwards in AFL audited memberships.

Gather some actual evidence ... short of that your rant is just speculation. Build a case.

I can imagine up 100s of hypotheticals that counter your argument. Prove you are right otherwise its just hot air.

What specifics are needed for the member to "count"? From what I remember they need to have spent over $50 and need to have supplied an address, is that it or does the membership option also require game day access?

The way I understood what Fages was saying on the radio this afternoon was that they have sold all the available seating for the games, and so had structured various membership packages to allow additional supporters and those without the ability to attend games to still become Adelaide Crows members.

Whether these additional membership packages fall outside the "counted" variety and why is beyond me but that is the gist of what I understood him to be saying.
Wouldn't worry about the drop in official figures as the unofficial figures are artificially bumped up and do not mean that much.

My question was simply in regards to your 'bumped up figures'. What did they use to get to 60k? Bit hard to explain your drop of 6 or 7k.
Ports srop would have been Crow 22 game ZMA members plus SANFL only members.

Crows drop would have been Port's 22 gamers plus??

Wouldn't worry about the drop in official figures as the unofficial figures are artificially bumped up and do not mean that much.

My question was simply in regards to your 'bumped up figures'. What did they use to get to 60k? Bit hard to explain your drop of 6 or 7k.
Ports srop would have been Crow 22 game ZMA members plus SANFL only members.

Crows drop would have been Port's 22 gamers plus??
And you lost pet memberships

Andrew Fagan is a brilliant CEO and definetely either the best or one of the best in the AFL.

The way he came out today, and talked facts, didn't get involved at all in the dick measuring contest like those two clowns at Alberton did this morning, and stated our plans and what we are doing and will be doing into the future is brilliant, he put them back in their boxes without saying anything derogatory or inflammatory.

He also stated that we had over 65,000 total members which is an improvement of 8000 new members than we had in 2014.

That means we have an extra 8000 members to communicate with and get involved with our club and who will more than likely buy new 3 game memberships next year. As it sounds like we will be offering more 3 game mships and not any new 11 game memberships.

HOW CAN ANYONE NOT BE HAPPY WITH THAT???????

Look up Fage's CV - he does not need to prove himself to anyone in AFL. What he did first at the Brumbies and then got head hunted by the ARU. Why would he need to prove himself to the AFL Community???? How many AFL CEO's have had such high ranking jobs in other sports????

Gather some actual evidence ... short of that your rant is just speculation. Build a case.

I can imagine up 100s of hypotheticals that counter your argument. Prove you are right otherwise its just hot air.
Answer my question Mattrox. Do you think Fages is the best CEO in the AFL and has proven himself to be so against other clubs like the Hawks or Geelong?

we set a club record for total memberships, we only went backwards in AFL audited memberships.
The AFL audit memberships to take out the bullshit ones like pet memberships etc. The fact that the AFL took out so many memberships should worry you about our honesty in reporting membership numbers. Looks like we had more pet memberships than other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back