So...are you disappointed in our season?

Remove this Banner Ad

If we threepeat this thread should become a sticky as an example how to David King on a forum
So, just saying.....

So I come back here and under bad circumstances... When I wrote this thread I was a tad disapointed am I really disapointed absolutely freaking well not.. We gave our all... We found form towards the end and the right time would I give and arm and leg to be at the G yes I would... But I now accept my chance is gone... It wasn't meant to be... But it is to be for Hawthorn...some people and clubs never get to a grand final live I got two chances 08 14... Am I disapointed in that absolutely NOT.In my dreams I wish I could go back to the 2008 grand after waiting 17 years ... The joy and the beautiful day I had with the fans.. The sun shining...

...the beer flowing...

The answer is nope.

This question could only ever be correctly answered after the final siren on Grand Final Day 2015.

FOREVER HAWTHORN

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I see no reason why this thread should exist anymore. Except, perhaps, as a sort of cautionary cyber monument to something or other.
It's the perfect example of going early and not keeping faith in this great club, to be honest this board has been littered with comments that matched this thread from people that don't know how to enjoy the ride but I like to think the karma this thread created helped us get there :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have nothing to contribute, I'm just posting coz I want to see three shiny cups under my avator.

GO HAWKS!!!!
Dear Agent Smith, I recall saying that I would love to see you forced into changing your signature. Could you please change your signature with the following:

"Luke Hodge - 4 Premiership Medals, 2 Norm Smiths, 1 Legendary Captain" and

"1961 :footy: 1971 :footy: 1976 :footy: 1978 :footy: 1983 :footy: 1986 :footy: 1988 :footy: 1989 :footy: 1991 :footy: 2008 :footy: 2013 :footy: 2014 :footy: 2015"

I felt very angry and frustrated after a number of our losses this year, including some ranting here Friday night, but in the real world you need to step back and consider a few things -

1. As others have said, spoiled by our success. I think I've now lived through a flag every four years of my life!

2. Matchups are real, and I think Port plays us very well, as does Richmond. Geelong did for a long while. Collingwood has struggled even when otherwise dominant, Freo can't sort us out. Port was many people's flag favourite this year, and unlike Pendles and his mates, they are playing out the season hard under a good coach. I am baffled how they aren't in the finals.

3. Seasons are long, it's not really surprising we go up and down. And look at Sydney...I'd be even more frustrated to follow them.

4. Some of our players are getting older and slower, which means we've got some cracks.

I don't think the threep. is out of the question; there's some looming hurdles in the finals but no clear dominant team.

I think the fear factor right now is - trips to Perth, and do you draw Richmond on a good day. Those trouble me, anything else still seems OK.

I came back to this thread with trepidation because I know I did some ranting this year.

I just want to say to all you fellow supporters, I apologise, I was wrong:

It's one flag every 3.64 years.

I just want to put it out there that Sammy didn't win the Brownlow and Roughy/Gunners/Breust didn't tie for the Coleman, so...

Yes, I'm a little disappointed in our season.

I just want to put it out there that Sammy didn't win the Brownlow and Roughy/Gunners/Breust didn't tie for the Coleman, so...

Yes, I'm a little disappointed in our season.

I know you're aren't being serious, but they can put those Brownlows, AA's, Colemans, etc in a large garbage bag and dispose of them immediately.

Give me one Premiership and I'll shut up!

This thread should be closed. The answer to the Op's question can be found on the Geelomg board.

All the Hawk Nay sayers heve should be drawn and quartered for not believing,

Dear Agent Smith, I recall saying that I would love to see you forced into changing your signature. Could you please change your signature with the following:

"Luke Hodge - 4 Premiership Medals, 2 Norm Smiths, 1 Legendary Captain" and

"1961 :footy: 1971 :footy: 1976 :footy: 1978 :footy: 1983 :footy: 1986 :footy: 1988 :footy: 1989 :footy: 1991 :footy: 2008 :footy: 2013 :footy: 2014 :footy: 2015"
I hope this meets with your approval. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back