So...are you disappointed in our season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly frustrating. Partly Frawley's fault though as I thought he played a little too defensively.

Yes, you would think Frawley would have learned from the Qualifying Final.

So disappointing that he failed to kick a goal in both games.

Mods can you please delete this s**t thread - it's a stain on the premiership board.

As a person guilty in this thread, I think it's a great reminder to "Keep calm and trust Clarko".
This bad boy should stay forever. I'm happy to be named and shamed in it as my punishment.

Likely will finish third without Roughy, Schoey and now Strats and one ruck. Debuted heaps of players. After three flags. After two massive retirements. Heaps of old codgers playing in our team

Clarko = a f***ing genius.

No way am I disappointed
Agreed. When Rough went down my first football related thought was along the lines of "that will make it tough."* I think the players and Clarko have performed admirably to be where they are.

*Fully acknowledging that football was a distant priority for Roughy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny cause I remember bananas like bigton, probably a Cats or Swans supporter, saying we were finished after losing to Eagles in qualifying final. Followed up with one of the worst threads on Bigfooty after our loss to the Eagles on Friday night. Again.

I cbf finding the thread, but according to bigton we should have closed shop after last year's qualifying loss and played the BoxHill side in the elimination final.

*rolls eyes

Also, was talking to one of my seniors at work after one of those games through the year where we got over the line but never really fired. I said it was a bit frustrating to watch. He blasted me, said I know nothing about frustration because he is a Richmond supporter. Puts everything in persepctive.

Also, was talking to one of my seniors at work after one of those games through the year where we got over the line but never really fired. I said it was a bit frustrating to watch. He blasted me, said I know nothing about frustration because he is a Richmond supporter. Puts everything in persepctive.

Being a Richmond supporter he wouldn't know that much about football in general and absolutely nothing about the way elite teams are meant to perform.

Perennial frustration does not generate deep insight.

:)

Probably the most important season in our development as we look for a mini rebuild. Unearthed plenty of talent whilst still being competitive. Rough is a massive massive out. You can't replace the big beef.

If we make the prelim, anything is possible. If we stumble in the prelim, the season was still very very good.

KOLOKOTRONIS

just asking as a fan a supporter how have you found this season?
I have found it long arduous and not as fun as last year and also have noticed the hate towards our club.....
which is disturbing.cause we are a great and proud club, people are jealous of the success we have had and its disappointing to see people treat our club and certain players with no respect.

Also been disappointed in our players getting reported etc and what went down earlier this year and what is about to go down for Hodge. Disappointed in where we sit on the ladder but thats what happens when you lose six games.

In saying all this yes, its not over yet but I have been asking myself sometimes why I follow the AFL and the hawks.I guess it goes back to when i first discovered the hawks at 14 and johnny platten was my hero, those days are long gone and that was my favourite time in the hawks history.... The AFL or VFL back then was a lot simpler and it was fun it had characters and funny players like dermie and dipper...There was a bit of biff and bit of banter and lighthearted.Yes, this is a national comp and its serious business but yeah if I could go back in time it would be to the back to back 88,89 days.

Whatever happens from here I hope the hate towards our club and wanting to bring us down dies down soon...it won't, but maybe if the victorian teams and the rest see a perth team raise the cup they might not be so quick to cut us down anymore....I kind of just want 2015 to end, it just hasn't been a good year...if the real Hawthorn could stand up I'd be a lot happier!

The port game ripped my guts out....
yeah the thrilling-against-the-odds-come-back-wins have f****ng sucked. Esp that game against the Swans when Rioli kicked that 50m goal to win. And the game against Adelaide when we kicked two goals from nowhere; seriously wanted to kill myself after that. Likewise with Sicily's efforts against North, made me long for the glory days of 2003-4. Seriously mate, you are an embarrassment.

Funnily enough despite finishing the H&A season (hopefully) in top 4 after Collingwood It's been a somewhat disappointing season in terms of our form and but sad with the big Rough's illness. But am I disappointed? Hell No. Not after what this wonderfull team has produced in recent years. Not holding much hope that we can go all the way this year but the future still looks bright with some of the kids coming through.

yeah the thrilling-against-the-odds-come-back-wins have f****ng sucked. Esp that game against the Swans when Rioli kicked that 50m goal to win. And the game against Adelaide when we kicked two goals from nowhere; seriously wanted to kill myself after that. Likewise with Sicily's efforts against North, made me long for the glory days of 2003-4. Seriously mate, you are an embarrassment.
With respect his post was about 2015 not 2016 so you're being a little unfair....

Actually...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back