News Stephen to Bradley Hill Message.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure Stephen's happy that Brad's been apart of a 3 peat but deep down it would suck for Stephen. I mean, he's 22 years old and has 3 premierships. Jesus.

Stephen uses alot of motivation from his brother getting the premierships so fast and nearly every year. It'll make him an even better player next season.
If only Stephen had some of Bradley's confidence instead of being scared of his own shadow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure Stephen's happy that Brad's been apart of a 3 peat but deep down it would suck for Stephen. I mean, he's 22 years old and has 3 premierships. Jesus.

Do players really care about premierships? I'm sure in this case it would matter as you can't help but feel some jealousy among siblings.

If only Stephen had some of Bradley's confidence instead of being scared of his own shadow.
Stephen actually been coming into his own the last few seasons. Apart from the finals this season, his confidence is alot higher then it was when he was starting. Brad hasn't been that great this season compared to last, he's not really that much confidence then Stephen tbh.

I have argued a similar line many times but saying he's scared of his own shadow is a bit much. Stephen has steadily improved his game every year and made the AA squad this year while remaining one of the most tagged players in the game over his entire career. He doesn't lack mental fortitude or physical courage he just doesn't play with the arrogance and flair his ability should allow him to. (which I wish he did).

I have argued a similar line many times but saying he's scared of his own shadow is a bit much. Stephen has steadily improved his game every year and made the AA squad this year while remaining one of the most tagged players in the game over his entire career. He doesn't lack mental fortitude or physical courage he just doesn't play with the arrogance and flair his ability should allow him to. (which I wish he did).
Stephen Hill + Cyril Rioli/Luke Hodge's arrogant and selfishness- would be brilliant

Not sure what the hoopla is, basically wished his brother luck from what I can tell. I reckon he would have said the same no matter who they were playing.

But whatever, if it gets you excited then good luck to you.

All that article does is remind me how unjust team sports can be, that the superior (IMHO) older brother is still battling to get the big prize while the young sibling just finds himself in the right place at the right time and has what is almost an impossible 3 medallions from 4 years of AFL.

Last edited:
Yeah, probably a bit over the top, admittedly. Just frustrated that all that talent still hasn't been fully unleashed after all this time.

I think people will find Stephen Hill had more arrogance in play this year, his character hasn't changed off the field or verbally on the field but he took players on a lot more this year which is the arrogance that everyone here is wanting. (no one wants him to be a stuck up tool)
At times he was almost taunting opposition with the ball jotting back and forth waiting for the moment to get around them, which he usually would and then nail a pass inside 50, very pleased with Stephen this year top 5 in our team for sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back