Opinion The "What's X/Y Player worth" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If rumours of Neale wanting to go home are true. Is there anyone from Port or the Crows that you like?
Certain O Wines. And yeah, that'd be what it takes.

If Hogan is up for trade no player is untouchable.

Disagree you don't rip the heart out of your club for one player we have already done that once
Yeah but if there's a theoretical bidding war for Hogan where he's willing to go to either club, Melbourne can name their price to an extent. Arguably, would you fault the Dees demanding Fyfe in such a scenario, for example?

Yeah but if there's a theoretical bidding war for Hogan where he's willing to go to either club, Melbourne can name their price to an extent. Arguably, would you fault the Dees demanding Fyfe in such a scenario, for example?
Nothing wrong with asking getting is another story. Fremantle could likely get McCarthy from GWS this year anyway

The salary cap only goes so far. The Swans had to lose Malceski, Mumford, Everitt, 2 years of Trading the Cola and other players for Buddy.

What would Melbourne be willing to lose to keep him? Viney? Petracca? McDonald? Brayshaw?

The salary cap only goes so far. The Swans had to lose Malceski, Mumford, Everitt, 2 years of Trading the Cola and other players for Buddy.

What would Melbourne be willing to lose to keep him? Viney? Petracca? McDonald? Brayshaw?
Wasn't just Buddy, but also the Tippett deal in there too.

On exposed form, it's currently Petracca. It's nightmare fuel, that scenario...if I turned and said to you the same about Hannebury, Jack, Parker, Heeney or Mills and that you had to give up one, you wouldn't be happy no matter the call.

What's more, the other catch there is that really the big 2 in terms of Melbourne are Hogan and McDonald. The midfield is well and good but you can build a side around those two.

Wasn't just Buddy, but also the Tippett deal in there too.

On exposed form, it's currently Petracca. It's nightmare fuel, that scenario...if I turned and said to you the same about Hannebury, Jack, Parker, Heeney or Mills and that you had to give up one, you wouldn't be happy no matter the call.
I agree. Need to keep McDonald and Hogan and replace the midfield as it comes.

For us, I would say out of that group... Jack.

As an outside observer i would probably also say Petracca and then use a pick to get Brayshaw's brother in the draft.

Edit: Just watched Petracca's TAC cup hightlights... geez... maybe lose a few mid to high players like the Swans did.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Levi Casboult?
full.jpg

Yeah contracted ollie ain't going anywhere , especially not in a deal for Neale to come to port to satisfy Melb and freo in a deal
Just being realistic. If Hogan is shaken loose - if - it will be for a price as high as Judd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back