Autopsy 41pt loss to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Tabs was 1st for marks (7) and 1st for contested marks (3) in our team.

He was 2nd for marks and 2nd for contested marks out of both teams.

Sicily was 1st.
10 and 4

And yet at the risk of parroting Johnathon Brown, there were so many occasions where he had 2 hands to the ball and had minimal pressure from a shorter Hawthorn opponent... and dropped the mark.

I think it's great that he's involved more, running more and is actually taking some genuine contested marks over the last month. But this is an area where he seriously needs to improve.

Expected to get smashed so didn't mind today too much, thought the first half was actually pretty good although the Hawks did look a bit off. Liked Crozier, Tabs and Wellers game + the usual suspects in Walters and Neale. Think if we are going to play Blakely its gotta be in that midfield extractor role, at this stage of his career his kicking is a bit average.

The main thing I took from this game is that again the foot-soldiers in Suban, Mzungu, Ibbo, Sutcliffe, Clarke, D.Pearce let us down. Don't know how we are going to do it because we've only got so much in the ressies but we need to get that lot out asap. Just can't kick to save their lives and its absolutely killing any fast ball movement we might be attempting.

Jeez Sutcliffe played his role well today bloody good game.
Ross must have given them a bake at half time telling them to cool their jets saying we need picks, not points.
Yeah not sure about Walters and Neale though - really struggling with the role. I mean geez we don't need that kind of intensity against the bottom 8 teams over the next few weeks.

41 pts in tassie.. is that our best effort there? would be close.. thought 80 at least.

kids stood up. anyone recall that handball from weller in 2nd for goal assist.. composed. he's growing into it.
blakely looked ok 4th too.

Ross is just rotating the team nicely and checking out who's in and who's out. we already half know who's on those two lists. giving the kids a good run.

For me, C and A Pearce were good today. D not so much.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned Clarke yet, but he was invisible today. 5 disposals and one of those was a clanger!

Shows how low my expectations have fallen for Clarke that I found myself thinking he was having one of his better games for a while only to find out he'd only had 5 touches.

And yet at the risk of parroting Johnathon Brown, there were so many occasions where he had 2 hands to the ball and had minimal pressure from a shorter Hawthorn opponent... and dropped the mark.

I think it's great that he's involved more, running more and is actually taking some genuine contested marks over the last month. But this is an area where he seriously needs to improve.
I'm just happy he's taking 3 contested marks a game. 2014 he couldn't mark anything, uncontested even. 3 marks for a game back then was delighful. He's gaining confidence, and with a few more goals he'll be up and running. Just needs a foil in Pav, and will see how he goes next week now that he hasn't missed a game in a month. He's a confidence player alot like Hughes and Weller.

Tell ya what, I cannot stand Liam Sheils as a player. Literally has a tackle laid before his man collects the pill at a stoppage.

Crowley was worse than AIDS for less, yet Sheils barely gets a mention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If sutcliffe gets picked next week I want whatever the match committee are on - deplorable.
Ibbo pi$$ed me off to no end with no effort at all once he disposed of the ball. Didn't even try and Shepard the Hawks around him, I would of clipped him if he was a teammate of mine.
D Pearce let himself down after a couple of decent weeks.
Hughes has to tidy up the simple things, needs the run of games to see if he has the attributes to make it. I can't tell yet.
A few passengers today mixed in with a little bit of promise in tabs, AP etc.
Special mention has to go to Walters when playing in the middle - absolute class

That third quarter was absolutely putrid. I thought the kids showed some good signs with Crozier really impressing me today.

We need to clone Walters, he is just so silky with his skills. Hopefully if we get SPS we can push Walters more into the middle.

Anyone else notice the elbow Duryea dished out to Ballantyne when he was on the ground. Very much like Dawsons except Ballantyne came off for a while but played out the game. Prob will not even get a mention. That and Mitchell mouthing off at the umpire just showed once again how much I hate Hawthorn for being such poor saps when things (rarely) do not go their way.

Last yr we were top but in RD 15 got flogged by 12 goals. This yr we we go down there missing Fyfe Sandi johnno pav and get a 7 goal beating we have improved!!!LOL.

The same players keep making the same mistakes. Towards the back end of last season our disposal efficiency began to fall off ie only won 8 off our last 13 games and was identified and supposedly practiced during preseason. That said one must ask how was our foot skills practiced were the drills pressure situations

Can someone tell me who elbowed Ballentyne in the jaw by throwing his elbow back

This surely is two week suspension .....

Want to start a thread in MRP threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back