Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Get him right. No point rushing him back. I expect the extended layoff will include a mountain of hammy, back and core strength building to better arm the lad for the future. As Waite said "North Melbourne concentrate on injury prevention" and I suspect the rehab I mentioned above will be the gist of the plan set out for Tay Tay going foward.

It is dissapointing though. Looks like there's so much potential there.

Any idea if this hamstring is the same one that gave him all the trouble last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warning: very unpopular opinion incoming

I'm not sure this kid is going to have a long AFL career that we all hope he will. He seems to have Matt Campbell's hamstrings and has missed about 70% of the last 4 years with the same issue. Saunders is a legend but I think Garner is the type that will never play more than 15-17 games in a season and he may struggle to even get to that level

I'm not sure this kid is going to have a long AFL career that we all hope he will. He seems to have Matt Campbell's hamstrings and has missed about 70% of the last 4 years with the same issue. Saunders is a legend but I think Garner is the type that will never play more than 15-17 games in a season and he may struggle to even get to that level

I'd settle for 15 games and finals from him. Based on what we know about him so far, that sounds like a pipedream.

Yep I've been told that he has very weak hamstrings and unless he strengthens them, he will continue to have these injuries.

Besides Atley and Well's, who have proven speed and athleticism. Would people say Garner is our most explosive/powerful player on our list?

Besides Atley and Well's, who have proven speed and athleticism. Would people say Garner is our most explosive/powerful player on our list?
What do you mean by explosive / powerful? If you mean explosive/quick off the mark then absolutely not

Contacted through 2018, so the club must be confident they will get him right. I hope we do as he's an untapped talent that has tantalised with fragments of his capability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back