Injury Alex Pearce broken leg

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Figured this will need it's own thread (if not, Mods can fix it).

Details will become available I'm sure, but it is officially on the match report sheet. Alex Pearce listed as having a broken tibia.

I'll have to get to a replay at some point, it looked bad, but not bad enough to fracture such a substantial bone. This will be a long rehab too.

This is truly bad news. Wish a great guy that was giving us fans so much hope all the best - see you strong as ever in 2017.

Easily the worst year for Freo since 2001. Literally nothing is going their way and it really sucks to see.

And now with one of their best young ones breaking his leg and most likely out for the season (or close to it) is just frustrating to say the least.

Easily the worst year for Freo since 2001. Literally nothing is going their way and it really sucks to see.

And now with one of their best young ones breaking his leg and most likely out for the season (or close to it) is just frustrating to say the least.

If it's a fractured Tibia, I think you can guarantee he's out for the season. Need some medical experts to weigh in on that, but that would be my understanding.

It said as i was watching it he's broken his leg as soon as he got up. Weak act by Riewoldt pushing him into the pack. It's why it's a free kick as it is dangerous. Season couldn't get worse.

I still haven't seen it properly on replay but if it is his ankle and a fractured tibia that actually isn't that uncommon if the fibula is also fractured, they put a pin in the medial lower part of the tibia and plate the fibula. Fairly standard procedure but still year over. Much better than a Barlow type fracture of the upper tibia

I am so devastated, he's literally been the best thing all season for me. ****.

If there's been one consistent positive for the season it's been AP - both on and off field, he's a gem. All the young kids have shown something, but we're soooo desperate for quality talls, and AP has been a silver lining on terrible season that just keeps sinking lower.

I'm with you, I'm very upset about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still haven't seen it properly on replay but if it is his ankle and a fractured tibia that actually isn't that uncommon if the fibula is also fractured, they put a pin in the medial lower part of the tibia and plate the fibula. Fairly standard procedure but still year over. Much better than a Barlow type fracture of the upper tibia
It was hanging loose. The idiots in the commentary box were saying he should put some weight on it to help the trainers. I was yelling at them he's f******* broken his leg you f***wits. It looks pretty bad.

I knew it was broken the minute I saw it. His studs gripped and foot stayed planted while his lower leg bent at a crazy angle - was gross, and the fact he could not put any weight on it at all gave it away.
Sucks for him, was just getting into the groove of Afl ...

It was hanging loose. The idiots in the commentary box were saying he should put some weight on it to help the trainers. I was yelling at them he's f******* broken his leg you f***wits. It looks pretty bad.

That makes two of us - you could see it was beyond 'sprained' . They can be utterly moronic at times...

What else can go wrong? Devastating news. And robs him of vital development time.

Someone said above this is the worst season since 2001. I'd go further and say this is our worst season ever.

That makes two of us - you could see it was beyond 'sprained' . They can be utterly moronic at times...
They did the same thing with Fyfie. The commentators diagnosed a hurt calf, and discussing how long he'd be off for, and I was just yelling at the tv "it's his broken leg you fn idiots"

You could see Alex's leg bend today. It was never going to be something as simple as a sprained ankle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back