List Mgmt. The Offseason: Fremantle

What should Fremantle prioritise this off-season?

• Luring a key forward

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Building through the draft

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • Adding speed and class on the wings

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Trading for a mobile ruck/forward

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • The Cam McCarthy Trade

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • The Hayden Ballantyne Trade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There's been plenty of older players who have moved clubs late in their career and have revived it. I'd give Cloke a chance, even just for a year. Worst case scenario, drop him. Not difficult.

There's been plenty of older players who have moved clubs late in their career and have revived it. I'd give Cloke a chance, even just for a year. Worst case scenario, drop him. Not difficult.
I had no problem with that , but his salary is the problem, would you rather paid a new drafttee cheaper salary paying for peel or cloke ,where the kids had potential of been a duffman or sandiland.

Weller at HBF against WB was game changing. His elite footy skills and and pressure made a huge difference. I think Croz and Weller can provide what we need. We need 1 more tall defender to assist Pearce and Collins in the future
Uebergang, with one more pre season i think he will improve .plus he can swing forward also. A.pearce is another backmen that can swing forward if opposition play one extra small instead of tall in the forward line.

Hope you dont mind the intrusion, but I think if you guys get McCarthy and one of Black/Kersten, you have got a lot to work with the next 5+ years in regards to your forwardline.

HF: Bennell, McCarthy, Walters
F: Yarran, Apeness, Kersten/Black

Apeness and Taberner can share second ruck duties between them and it frees Taberner to play what I like to call the 'westhoff role', filling gaps on the ground. Dropping into defence as loose man or to take resting ruck, going forward, rucking. Its something to build on for sure.

I liked Weller off half back too but he is also just as good at half forward delivering the ball inside 50 or shooting at the big sticks himself. Damn it's refreshing to have players who can actually kick the ball and do it with confidence!

I liked Weller off half back too but he is also just as good at half forward delivering the ball inside 50 or shooting at the big sticks himself. Damn it's refreshing to have players who can actually kick the ball and do it with confidence!
Why not switch him around like hawthorn switch their player.

Honestly think you are wasting your time even discussing Cloke. The Melbourne clubs are lining up to grab him (Richmond and WB for a start) and the appeal to go to Richmond (like his dad did) is far greater than coming out West.

He is a real Melbourne boy from a well know Melbourne family - it simply will not happen and thank goodness for that.

Since Travis Cloke wants a trade and Langdon possibly wants to join his brother in Collingwood, maybe a straight swap?

Not a bad suggestion, but I don't think Travis Cloke wants to go interstate. Also, I think Collingwood should go after draft picks in this deal - they need picks for their father/son prospects in the upcoming draft

Hope you dont mind the intrusion, but I think if you guys get McCarthy and one of Black/Kersten, you have got a lot to work with the next 5+ years in regards to your forwardline.

HF: Bennell, McCarthy, Walters
F: Yarran, Apeness, Kersten/Black

Apeness and Taberner can share second ruck duties between them and it frees Taberner to play what I like to call the 'westhoff role', filling gaps on the ground. Dropping into defence as loose man or to take resting ruck, going forward, rucking. Its something to build on for sure.

Something like that.

Especially for a tall, Tabs actually has a pretty good field kick and it's well documented he has good running capacity. Though he's got a bit to go, he's certainly stepped that up this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously wonder if McCarthy will hit the ground running, plus there is a good chance of getting 1 being injured.

If all 5 are fit then just pick the 4 that are in form.

If we get both Kersten and McCarthy our forward line will be set for 3 or 4 years.

Def agree with bold bit. I suspect people are overestimating just how AFL ready McCarthy is going to be. He could take a whole season to build up to full capacity. On the other hand, he might be a solid contributor in a short space of time, but it's long way from a sure thing. He could also be a complete bust. McCarthy has question marks all over him.

Total Football in the AFL? I like it!!
Can freo change game plan depend on opponent during game , i like ross/klopp press, total football, and leicester city counter attack. Ibbo- emanual petit is good but i prefer a patrick viera to complement him . Due to johnson injury prone sweeper role, having two skillful runwith /tagger mid to intecepted infront of centerback and rebound is not bad also.

Ideally i like patrick viera and alonso type in afl just side infront collins and a.pearce .

Uebergang, with one more pre season i think he will improve .plus he can swing forward also. A.pearce is another backmen that can swing forward if opposition play one extra small instead of tall in the forward line.
how much of a preseason is he going to get? do you know where he stands with his injury? I think he might still need 2 preseasons regardless.

how much of a preseason is he going to get? do you know where he stands with his injury? I think he might still need 2 preseasons regardless.
Trial him in Nab ,then we know , alot of team this year do that to their rookie and mature age recruit ,sydney- pey , allir allir , western bulldog adams , cat - menegola, hawthorn - sicily and a lot more. Dont waste nab on johnson, silvagni or dawson freo know what level they can perform and not much to improve.

Great post OP except for missing Collins and maybe Crozier.

If we're going major haul rebuild then forget Cloke, Schulz et all - if we think we can snag a flag in the next two years it might be possible.

We need Frank Rijkaard or another of Cruyff's protégés in as a ball movement strategist #thinkingoutsidethebox
Haha, I wanna see someone pull off a Cliveff Turn...

clive2.jpg

Trial him in Nab ,then we know , alot of team this year do that to their rookie and mature age recruit ,sydney- pey , allir allir , western bulldog adams , cat - menegola, hawthorn - sicily and a lot more. Dont waste nab on johnson, silvagni or dawson freo know what level they can perform and not much to improve.

Ross has never done that in his time at Freo.

Ross has never done that in his time at Freo.
There always first , i saw his interview yesterday , he look a bit tire with media, especially basil. Is easy to criticise him , this is his first rebuilding challenge, i hope fan dont put too much pressure on him in 2017, he will make some mistake of going back to dawson and johnson if they still in the list, but if he estimate 4 year i will give it a four year period. I like to see an improve lyon .

Back