Which player has the most trade value in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lynch, Bontempelli, Cameron.

Which player would command the most if all players were available?

Solid question. Lot's of unknowns like who is chasing who etc.

Gold Coast could chase Fyfe for 3 picks inside the top 10 for example, but if Essendon chased him we'd get pick 1 and a future first.

All variables aside.

I'd go as my top 5 in order:

Fyfe - His best is scary good. Still young and could easily play another 150+ games.

Bontempelli - Just a jet and is only second because I'm one eyed and just have to put Fyfe first. COuld still give a team 200+ games and the upside is scarier then Fyfe.

Hogan - Young power forward. Really disappointed to hear him stay with Melbourne, but would still give a team 200+ games and should easily average over 50 goals a season for the next decade.

Josh Kelly - Not an overly recognisable name, but a former pick 2 and about to hit the next level. If he was selling stock I'd be buying up everything I could. Absolute gun and IMO will easily take over Coniglio as GWS's best midfielder.

Peter Wright - Just a tall gun who is also about to enter the next level. Could still give a team 200+ games and will feature heavily in coming years.

I could've played it safe with blokes like Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, but these are the guys who are about to go next level and if they were on the open market would cost a bundle to remove.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back