Forgotten players

Remove this Banner Ad

Kristian Anning. So forgotten that he doesn't exist anymore!
Also played under another name... Bardsley
I remember when Bardsley (Anning) was drafted by the Saints, his description in one of the papers the next day was a classic. Usually they'd say stuff like "speedy outside mid with good goal sense" or something similar. However, for Bardsley it simply read "changed his name from Kristian Anning".

Quite a good summation of where his footy was at really.

gc5734764136913095487.jpg

Dis guy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Paul Spargo count?
He isn't forgotten over here :-D I remember going to a preseason game in Bayswater against stinky old Richmond and saw him smash into 3 tigers at once and skittled them all

Mark Lisle
Evan Hewitt
Jamie Stevenson
Rohan Robertson
Tony Furey
Michael Reeves
Ray Huppatz

I walk past the grey haired business suit wearing Mark Lisle at least once per week in Collins St.

Liam Boy will be happy to see his old man mentioned here too.

I walk past the grey haired business suit wearing Mark Lisle at least once per week in Collins St.

Liam Boy will be happy to see his old man mentioned here too.
Nice. I can picture Lisle as you've described him.

Was surprised to see that he'd only played 37 games for us. Thought it was a lot more than that.

My memories of him were young ones but I recall him being pretty handy for us in the ruck.

He isn't forgotten over here :-D I remember going to a preseason game in Bayswater against stinky old Richmond and saw him smash into 3 tigers at once and skittled them all

Wow I went to that game. We cracked 30 goals and it was pretty rough and ready,one of our young ruck men (Steve Venner?) really threw his weight around and may have even got reported and rubbed out. Spargs bagged 6 or 7, he really loved a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back