Prediction Best 22, Round 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom is trapped in a bracket with BenKen, Harmes, vandenBerg, Melksham and ANB fighting for spots 20-22.

Locks
Hogan
Gawn
NJones
Viney
TMac
Watts
Kent
Jetta
Tyson

Near-locks
Petracca
Brayshaw
Salem
Garlett
OMac
Frost
Oliver
Hunt
Hibberd (we assume)
Stretch
Vince

So he's in the bracket of 20-22 fight. Given that one of those spots will be Pedo or Weid it's a fight for 1-2 places. I love him but he needs more strings than being a turd
Hunt, Hibberd, and Stretch are locks IMO.

I think it's a misconception that Bugg is a grunt player. Wins 2 uncontested for every 1 contested which is the ratio of an outside player, and his main strength is he is very fit.

Like others have said though his ball use is what hurts him. The current AFL meta has shifted away from taggers which forces him to play as somewhat of a utility and he just stuffs up his disposal too often.

Won't find a bigger fan of him than me, should still play at least half the year in 2017.

I think it's a misconception that Bugg is a grunt player. Wins 2 uncontested for every 1 contested which is the ratio of an outside player, and his main strength is he is very fit.

Like others have said though his ball use is what hurts him. The current AFL meta has shifted away from taggers which forces him to play as somewhat of a utility and he just stuffs up his disposal too often.

Won't find a bigger fan of him than me, should still play at least half the year in 2017.
I think that his pest factor is underrated. Manages to get under the skin of some otherwise headstrong opposition. I rate the Bugg.

Took the liberty of making a few advanced trades ;)

FB: Frost T McDonald Jetta
HB: Hibberd O McDonald Hunt
C: Rockliff Tyson Lewis
HF: Garlett Watts Petracca
FF: Weideman/Pedersen Hogan Kent
R: Gawn N Jones Viney

I/C: Oliver Stretch Brayshaw Vince

Salem next in line, so Salem -> Oliver -> Rockliff if we don't secure the latter. Milkshake for 25 is looking like a wasted trade unless he can force Garlett or Vince out of the side.

Don't see how Hibberd can be a lock after a year off and a pretty underwhelming previous season.

Averaged 22 possessions at 78% efficiency in 2015. Not too bad!

But yes will have to earn his spot over the pre season

Averaged 22 possessions at 78% efficiency in 2015. Not too bad!

But yes will have to earn his spot over the pre season

Fine, I revise it to "down a bit on his previous two years".

Essendon came out swinging and yelling wanting to play us round 1. Well i say bring it on. I want Jordan Lewis and Jack Viney to verbally abuse the * out of them, calling them drug cheats and other expletives under the sun.

I just honestly think the players will walk alot taller with Lewis on board. Imagine Nathan Jones leading the team out and looking behind him to see Jordan Lewis give him a wink and say ''I've got your back skip.."

I just honestly think the players will walk alot taller with Lewis on board. Imagine Nathan Jones leading the team out and looking behind him to see Jordan Lewis give him a wink and say ''I've got your back skip..
I f****** loooooove this!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so my round 1 team

FB: Jetta Frost OMac
HB: Harmes TMac Hunt
C: Stretch NJones Salem
HF: Kennedy Hogan Watts
FF: Kent Weiderman Garlett
R: Gawn Tyson Viney
Bench: Oliver Patracca Brawshaw Vince

Emergency: Pedo ANB Bugg
Lewis in for Vince. Damn this will be one good team

They'll both play I think, we wouldn't get hibberd otherwise. It's just going to put a heap of pressure on other guys to keep their spot.

Hunt isn't losing his spot, and definitely not to Milkshakes.

FB: N.Jetta | S.Frost | O.McDonald
HB: J.Hunt | T.McDonald | M.Hibberd
CC: C.Petracca | D.Tyson | B.Vince
HF: A.Brayshaw | J.Watts | J.Lewis
FF: J.Garlett | J.Hogan | D.Kent
RR: M.Gawn | N.Jones | J.Viney
IC: C.Oliver | B.Stretch | C.Pedersen | C.Salem

FB: N.Jetta | S.Frost | O.McDonald
HB: J.Hunt | T.McDonald | M.Hibberd
CC: C.Petracca | D.Tyson | B.Vince
HF: A.Brayshaw | J.Watts | J.Lewis
FF: J.Garlett | J.Hogan | D.Kent
RR: M.Gawn | N.Jones | J.Viney
IC: C.Oliver | B.Stretch | C.Pedersen | C.Salem

I reckon that's about right, except Pedo starts, Watts slides across and Brayshaw probably sits on the pine. Possibly Spencer in for Gawn.

Sorry Milkshakes. You're out.

B: OMac Frost Jetta
HB: Hibberd TMac Hunt
C: Salem Viney Lewis
HF: Petracca Pedersen Watts
FF: Garlett Hogan Kent
R: Gawn Jones Tyson
I: Stretch Brayshaw Oliver Vince

Where they play Lewis will be an interesting one. A good user of the footy who will no longer need to carry the load around the ball given the depth we have in there.

Casey could still dominate next season considering those not listed above: Bugg, Weed, Harmes, vandenBerg, Melksham, Kennedy, Neal-Bullen, Kennedy-Harris...

I reckon that's about right, except Pedo starts, Watts slides across and Brayshaw probably sits on the pine. Possibly Spencer in for Gawn.
Cheeky

No way Vince plays midfield next season, starting to slow down so MFC pushed him to defence where he had far to many clangers for my liking. Is a good offensive player needs to be at the forward flank that way he can push into the midfield if really needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back