Player Watch #40 Pat McKenna

Remove this Banner Ad

I was listening to SEN, Brett Anderson said we were really into McKenna and would of picked him in the 40s but GWS. He didn't play much TAC footy because of his cricket commitments.

Good pick up for mine.

Yep happy with it. We got him and a 3rd round pick up grade some how! Must have been more points in it for GWS

If you thought picking the difference between Hunt and Wagner was tough then check out this kid's highlights package. Long blonde hair, 186cm, and almost exactly the same running style.

If they play him on a flank I'm stuffed. I'll just have to yell out one of their names and hope I'm right.

This bloke has great skills, comes from an elite sports background and has leadership written all over him, was in GWS best in the NEAFL GF and is an Elite Mark and does not miss Targets, needs bulking up however could be a player at the next level and being a project player was probably going to get lost a little in the GWS low pick factory.

Will be great to see him around Gisborne again as is from a fantastic family, His brother Lachie is skipper of Carlton Cricket club 1's team also.

Hopefully be another Hunt story as Hunt never played TAC I believe.

Nope he didnt! pretty sure he was recruited on form at Brighton Grammar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad list of uncontracted players. I'd take Henderson and Litherland, then we'd really have strong defensive depth, could probably only offer rookie spots for those guys though.

Hah! Another stab at the Hawk Heart.

Josh Mahoney says the club rates his decision making and kicking
Well worth the risk for a 3rd round upgrade

The fact that we rated him in his draft year and are still interested 2 years later is a good sign
The exact same thing was said about Newton though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back