News 2017 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the number of Melbourne games. Also very much love the fact we only play Syd and Geel at home.

No chance of winning those two away

We could easily lose to the dogs and gws twice however. Both teams have game styles that do well against us imo.
GWS have never beaten us

that five day break...how the hell did the afl get West Coast to agree to that?!

Other than that I can't complain too much. No trips to odd places, only one short week in the second half of the season. GWS & Bullies twice will be a challenge, but bring it on...
Money Money Money! Massive TV audience for that game worth the sacrifice great exposure for our brand.

The media are saying we have a hard draw but i didn't think it was that bad? GWS and Bullies will be hard but id back us to beat them both at home. No swans or Geelong away and no Pies at the G.
2016 premiers and 2017 favourites twice. St kilda are an improving side that only finished outside the 8 on % and every chance to be there in 2017. Port are a tricky proposition and derbies are never easy

There are no soft kills in our double up games. We don't double up against any side predicted to slide

There's a 5 day break because we requested the Easter Thursday game and 6 X 6 day breaks (Freo have 4 apparently by way of comparison)

Overall it seems a reasonable enough draw though

AFL.

Looks like I'm gonna be watching your plonkers Anzac Day weekend.
Old man was dropped on his head as a child and supports you and wants to pay for me to go watch with him. Good way to ruin a good weekend I reckon but there you go.
Surely that's a win-win game for you to watch though - either we lose or the Hawks lose to us at the MCG.

I don't know about having tough teams at home. I think I'd rather it the other way around.
Easy teams at home and tough teams away. Because that way we smash those easy teams gaining percentage and if we manage to win a few away tough games we climb up the ladder like what happen in 2015.

This draw is much like last season. Personally don't think it's a good draw.

Last time we made top 4 in 2015 it was because our fixture was easy at home and hard away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 day breaks to me are only an issue if there are multiple in a row.

Our run before finals is pretty good. Essentially 6 teams that didn't make finals and then Adelaide and GWS to harden us up.

I don't know about having tough teams at home. I think I'd rather it the other way around.
Easy teams at home and tough teams away. Because that way we smash those easy teams gaining percentage and if we manage to win a few away tough games we climb up the ladder like what happen in 2015.

This draw is much like last season. Personally don't think it's a good draw.

Last time we made top 4 in 2015 it was because our fixture was easy at home and hard away.

Maybe but we are still playing GWS and Bulldogs away.

On balance, I think it's a decent draw. The Club would certainly be happy about the 6 day breaks. We also get a couple at the MCG, which is a carry on from their fixture push last year. No Darwin, Tassie, and Geelong games is a very good. Double ups are challenging, particularly two against top 4 sides, but if we can't take care of that business and come away with at least seven wins from those 10 games, we're going to be struggling come finals time...if we make it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I bloody hat Thursday night footy. I work til 8. And why are we playing at 8pm on the last round on a Sunday night? I am pretty happy with our draw though
Last round is a floating fixture and times haven't been set for that so it won't be 8pm on a Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back