Official Team Thread West Coast Wonders S22 Team Thread - Reigning Premiers! ClarkeM wins BnF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd. 13 vs. Swamprats

Cloudy game in Sin City – and that was just my night before the game. The match however was a nightmare with one team full of over-the-top maniacs and passionate gamers that have nothing better to do with their lives and the other team being the Swamprats.

The Wonders were out to get revenge for their 100+ point smashing last time these two teams met. But once again, the Wonders pushed hard way too late and the final siren blew before any of us got a chance to later that night.

All in all, the Swamprats are a pathetic side of posters that get enjoyment out of team comraderie and winning SFA games. That’s good and all but the Wonders win premierships and couldn’t care for the rest. I know which club I’d play for.

=====================================
SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 4
Sin City Swamprats : 18.7.115
West Coast Wonders : 15.5.95
=====================================

Key factors in the loss:

- We played players with two-heads. Realistically, the game should have been in our favour and the Swamprats penalised for playing too many players.

- Was probably simmed by a Swamprats player. The sim is written in the team colours of the Swamprats. It’s all a part of the illuminati.

- Grants Guns was good – he didn’t play

- TheFreshBanana once again did nothing

Round 13 Votes

20 - _MKMatty
16 – LicoriceAllsorts
8 – SteeleBeams
7 – Sswans2011
3 – craffles
3 – haydo169
2 – dogs105
1 – TheFreshBanana
@whoeverfinishedsecond should call for a recount. We never played the Wonders in Round 13. We played the Demons. And you guys played the Royals. You lost. By 35 points.

The previewed match happened in Round 13, alright...OF SEASON 21

O'dear.

@whoeverfinishedsecond should call for a recount. We never played the Wonders in Round 13. We played the Demons. And you guys played the Royals. You lost. By 35 points.

The previewed match happened in Round 13, alright...OF SEASON 21

O'dear.

That was me. Meh, don't care. I won.

ClarkeM which is your favourite premiership and why?

Season 13 was great as captain
Season 15 was great with the team
Season 17 was icing on the cake when we snuck into finals
Season 21 was almost hard to believe

I don't have a favourite, they were all great in their own way.

ClarkeM Will you ever not be a wonder?

Ideally not but things change fast here.

I'm a huge advocate for expansion and if I can do it all the while wearing a Wonders guernsey, I will. If not, I'll reconsider.

I have a lifetime contract here but with the freedom to do whatever I want ;).

ClarkeM, did you ever have any doubts that the club would be able to come out of the dark years (seasons 18-19) as well as we did?

Admittedly, I did. It's different for me though, because we had really jumped from one extreme to the other since I had joined the league, going from an exceptional team to a struggling team in just one off-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ClarkeM, did you ever have any doubts that the club would be able to come out of the dark years (seasons 18-19) as well as we did?

Admittedly, I did. It's different for me though, because we had really jumped from one extreme to the other since I had joined the league, going from an exceptional team to a struggling team in just one off-season.

Not a single doubt. Teams will always exist so long as people behind them are committed to them. I was committed to them and still am. Wonders won't die.

Congratulations ClarkeM on popping your BnF cherry. A true stalwart of this club, and there isn't a more deserving person here.

Unfortunately, there is one more piece of business to attend too, and that is S22 will be my last season as a Wonder. I've achieved everything i wanted to do here with being a captain, winning a premiership and being a integral part of our S19-20 rebuild into a club that was rated a powerhouse coming into S22. So it's probably time to move on and let the next generation at this club step up.

I've enjoyed being team mates with every single one of you, and am grateful that i got to share a premiership with most of you. I wish you all the best (Ok, 2nd best, the club i'm going to i wish the best because you know, bias ;) ) for next season and beyond.

Congratulations ClarkeM on popping your BnF cherry. A true stalwart of this club, and there isn't a more deserving person here.

Unfortunately, there is one more piece of business to attend too, and that is S22 will be my last season as a Wonder. I've achieved everything i wanted to do here with being a captain, winning a premiership and being a integral part of our S19-20 rebuild into a club that was rated a powerhouse coming into S22. So it's probably time to move on and let the next generation at this club step up.

I've enjoyed being team mates with every single one of you, and am grateful that i got to share a premiership with most of you. I wish you all the best (Ok, 2nd best, the club i'm going to i wish the best because you know, bias ;) ) for next season and beyond.

Wow have to say I am shocked. I may have only played 1 season with you but was always a great time Golumless and I hope you have a great upcoming season... except of course for when the Wonders beat who ever it is you are playing for next season ;)

Go drink that dihydrogen monoxide elsewhere. Campaigner ;)

Will miss you buddy :(

When a season ends, it's always about celebration and enjoyment about the season that was. It's always reality that someone is bound to head off and join another club. Thank you for everything you have done here Golumless. Along with SSwans2011 you were the major brains behind getting this Wonders side back to greatness again and that premiership under your reigns should hold you in good sted in our history. You've been the best person to learn off and I wish you all the best for Season 23.
We'll see you in Season 24, just like Kangaroos4eva and mike123 did after just one year away from the club ;)

Good luck Golumless. Can't wait to beat your new team by 100.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back