Your 2017 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

It's starting to rumble here. The last time I seriously thought that the Dees could do it saw me in early high school. For the first time since I genuinely think that if absolutely everything went their way they could do it. Realistically I'm saving money for a flight to an interstate elimination final, but it's nice to dream.

Same here. As much as Trav 20 flogs it up on here sometimes, I do tend to be more in line with his thinking that we should improve a fair bit next year rather than a slow burn.

Same here. As much as Trav 20 flogs it up on here sometimes, I do tend to be more in line with his thinking that we should improve a fair bit next year rather than a slow burn.

It all depends really doesn't it, if Petracca Oliver Brayshaw etc can enjoy the rise that Bont/Libba/Stringer did then yeah we can rapidly improve

I think Lewis, Hibberd & Melksham is a good trifecta of experience to bring in around the ground that will really take pressure off Jones and Vince.

Lewis and Hibberd should be consistent, not sure about Melksham but you'd think he can't wait to get back into it.

I think we'll be tougher in the closer games next yr and be able to arrest losses of momentum quicker. (Hopefully).

I think Lewis, Hibberd & Melksham is a good trifecta of experience to bring in around the ground that will really take pressure off Jones and Vince.

Lewis and Hibberd should be consistent, not sure about Melksham but you'd think he can't wait to get back into it.

I think we'll be tougher in the closer games next yr and be able to arrest losses of momentum quicker. (Hopefully).

Agree, think the three you've mentioned are meant to help in games like Carlton and Essendon in 2016.

Was talking to my mrs cousin a massive Essendon fan about how they'll go next year. He told me he thinks Essendon will make the 8 this year and top 4 in 2018. I know sometimes I get over enthusiasts about Melbournes chances (I thought we would make the 8 in 2011) but when making these predictions you also have to factor in who slides, which teams are competing for those spots. I asked him if Essendon make the 8 who slides? He said north and maybe Adelaide. What I found funny is he went on to say Richmond supporters are delusional which is true but at least they admit it. Hey we may not make the 8 but I would be disappointed if we Finnish below essendon and richmond (I will lose 50 bux if we finish below richmond.) So my prediction will be essendon and richmond supporters will come back to reality by round 4.

Most Essendon supporters I talk to are very confident they will make finals next year. Personally I just don't see it, even before they lost their players last year they were a mid range side so I don't know why the will magically improve on the back of 12 blokes coming back in after 12 months off.

Most Essendon supporters I talk to are very confident they will make finals next year. Personally I just don't see it, even before they lost their players last year they were a mid range side so I don't know why the will magically improve on the back of 12 blokes coming back in after 12 months off.
Their backline will improve immensely. But the midfield really adds only one massive upgrade in Heppell - Watson hasn't played in nearly 2 years, and while it's nice to have Stanton, Myers and Colyer back they aren't a monster upgrade, particularly with how Zerrett and Zaharakis played. Forward line is still flaky as s**t.

I think they're in the hunting group but behind most of the pack. Think 10th is reasonable.

Their backline will improve immensely. But the midfield really adds only one massive upgrade in Heppell - Watson hasn't played in nearly 2 years, and while it's nice to have Stanton, Myers and Colyer back they aren't a monster upgrade, particularly with how Zerrett and Zaharakis played. Forward line is still flaky as s**t.

I think they're in the hunting group but behind most of the pack. Think 10th is reasonable.

Kicking goals will be their biggest challenge this year.....most footy people will put us and the saints as the two to push into the 8. Then you have unknowns of Port, Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon all there abouts.

I think this thread is about to become the worlds biggest jinx and you all need to shut up immediately or start posting backwards with your legs crossed.

GP htiw m'I

Hey guys posted this on main board. What to you think? Am I being to optimistic? haha

Analysed every game for the year and this is the ladder Ive come up with:

Adelaide
GWS
Sydney
Bulldogs
Geelong
St Kilda
Melbourne
Fremantle
--------------------------------
Essendon
Hawthorn
Gold Coast
Collingwood
West Coast
Richmond
Port
North
Carlton
Brisbane

Adelaide play a lot of winnable away games so I see them finishing top but Sydney and GWS will play in the GF IMO.

Hawks, WC and North all to drop out of the eight. Hard to split us, St Kilda, Freo and Essendon for who makes the top 8.

For transparency this is how I assess our games you can let me know if you think Im biased:

Home Games:

Carlton (win), Fremantle (win), Hawthorn (win), North Melbourne (win), Gold Coast (win), Collingwood (win), Sydney (lose), Adelaide (lose), Port Adelaide (win), StKilda (win), Brisbane (win)

Total Home 9 wins 2 losses

Away Games:

StKilda (lose), Geelong (lose) Richmond (win), Essendon @ Etihad (lose), Adelaide (lose), Western Bulldogs (lose), WCE (lose), Carlton (win), North Melbourne (win), Greater Western Sydney (lose), Collingwood (win)

Total Away: 4 wins 7 losses

Grand total: 13 wins 9 loses

Hey guys posted this on main board. What to you think? Am I being to optimistic? haha

Adelaide
GWS
Sydney
Bulldogs
Geelong
St Kilda
Melbourne
Fremantle
Essendon
Hawthorn
Gold Coast
Collingwood
West Coast
Richmond
Port
North
Carlton
Brisbane

Adelaide play a lot of winnable away games so I see them finishing top but Sydney and GWS will play in the GF IMO.

Hawks, WC and North all to drop out of the eight. Hard to split us, St Kilda, Freo and Essendon for who makes the top 8.

For transparency this is how I assess our games you can let me know if you think Im biased:

Home Games:

Carlton (win), Fremantle (win), Hawthorn (win), North Melbourne (win), Gold Coast (win), Collingwood (win), Sydney (lose), Adelaide (lose), Port Adelaide (win), StKilda (win), Brisbane (win)

Away Games:

StKilda (lose), Geelong (lose) Richmond (win), Essendon @ Etihad (lose), Adelaide (lose), Western Bulldogs (lose), WCE (lose), Carlton (win), North Melbourne (win), Greater Western Sydney (lose), Collingwood (win)

I don't know why, but in my predictions i got us vs the saints in an elim final too, just our home game. I also had Adelaide at the top of my ladder too, as well as freo back in the eight.

It'd be poetry if we faced the saints in our first final in a decade

Also had a dream last night that Adelaide won the premiership, so i'm going with that now

I don't know why, but in my predictions i got us vs the saints in an elim final too, just our home game. I also had Adelaide at the top of my ladder too, as well as freo back in the eight.

It'd be poetry if we faced the saints in our first final in a decade

Also had a dream last night that Adelaide won the premiership, so i'm going with that now

Would love it if it was a St Kilda home elimination final and the AFL made them play at the G haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide
GWS
Sydney
Bulldogs
Geelong
St Kilda
Melbourne
Fremantle
Essendon
Hawthorn
Gold Coast
Collingwood
West Coast
Richmond
Port
North
Carlton
Brisbane

Home Games:

Away Games:

Think West Coast dropping that low is unlikely and I don't share the belief of a significant Freo bounce back but otherwise I think it's entirely feasible.

Think West Coast dropping that low is unlikely and I don't share the belief of a significant Freo bounce back but otherwise I think it's entirely feasible.

I have Freo winning two away games vs North and Brisbane and 9 home games vs North, Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, StKilda, Hawthorn, Gold Coast, Richmond and Essendon. Plus winning 1 out of the 2 derbys. That makes 12 wins.

They have a really easy schedule and should be able to achieve this with the returning and new players they have coming in.

West Coast will have to win against some of my predictions for the top 5 teams to do better than what I have predicted. Luckily they play them all in WA so could happen.

I have Freo winning two away games vs North and Brisbane and 9 home games vs North, Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, StKilda, Hawthorn, Gold Coast, Richmond and Essendon. Plus winning 1 out of the 2 derbys. That makes 12 wins.

They have a really easy schedule and should be able to achieve this with the returning and new players they have coming in.

West Coast will have to win against some of my predictions for the top 5 teams to do better than what I have predicted. Luckily they play them all in WA so could happen.

Fair enough. I have my doubts that Fyfe gets back to his best after the injuries he's had and don't think their other additions get them close to being a team that can rise from bottom three to top eight. Also, I doubt they play Essendon twice at home...

Fair enough. I have my doubts that Fyfe gets back to his best after the injuries he's had and don't think their other additions get them close to being a team that can rise from bottom three to top eight. Also, I doubt they play Essendon twice at home...

Yep true my bad... That changes things slightly as I had Freo one win ahead of Essendon.. If Essendon wins that game at home Essendon moves into the 8 and boots Freo to the 9th going by my predictions.

Premier: GWS
Grand Final: GWS v Sydney
Brownlow: Bontempelli
Norm Smith: Ward
Coleman: Buddy
Rising Star: Hugh McCluggage
Wooden Spoon: Tigers

MFC position: 5th
Bluey: Gawn
MFC Leading Goalkicker: Hogan - 60
Will a MFC player be AA? If so who?: Gawn, Watts, Viney
How many games will Mitch Hannan play?: 8 (replacing the Pedobear)
How many games will James Harmes play?: 12+

Story of the year: NFI

Premier: GWS
Grand Final: GWS v Sydney
Brownlow: Bontempelli
Norm Smith: Ward
Coleman: Buddy
Rising Star: Hugh McCluggage
Wooden Spoon: Tigers

MFC position: 5th
Bluey: Gawn
MFC Leading Goalkicker: Hogan - 60
Will a MFC player be AA? If so who?: Gawn, Watts, Viney
How many games will Mitch Hannan play?: 8 (replacing the Pedobear)
How many games will James Harmes play?: 12+

Story of the year: NFI
Wooden spoon tigers huh?

If it happens then I'm staying glued for Mario from Doncaster's analysis.

No context.

Shhhhhhh..... I'm taking it, when I was doing my predictions I was a little chirpy and confused Hannan for Hibberd ..... but I'm taking it and will call it a stroke of genius if it comes off. Don't tell the others though :thumbsu:

Interesting for those that tipped Hannan to play a few games this year. I pegged him at 14..... this weekend at least is a start :)
Thought it'd be an interesting one. Mature ager, first pick so clearly rated by the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back