SA The Adelaide Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

One day some government will have to bite the bullet and build something similar to MATS. The North-South Corridor is a start, but not enough.
Agree - problem now is that it would cost a freaking mint to build it now. It would likely never get up

What's the obsession Adelaide has with making every new building a horrendous poo brown?
Dark grey is the de rigeur colour for any new paint job these days. It almost looks like the building is trying to hide.

Agree - problem now is that it would cost a freaking mint to build it now. It would likely never get up
$550,000 per house (accounting for the cheaper and more expensive ones), maybe 400 houses demolished ... that's $220 million just in land acquisition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a great time when I came over for the day/night NZ Test in 2015. I reckon I could live in Adelaide.

One massive difference I found between living in Adelaide and Melbourne is forming new friendship groups.

In Melbourne and i guess to a lesser degree now in Townville, I found it much easier to be included in new friendship groups. Whereas in Adelaide (Metro area) people are far more clingy to their current friendship groups are are less likely to include someone new. Its harder to break into a brew friendship group in Adelaide compared to the eastern states.

I feel tht might have something to do with the lesser population Adelaide has but I'm not sure.

One massive difference I found between living in Adelaide and Melbourne is forming new friendship groups.

In Melbourne and i guess to a lesser degree now in Townville, I found it much easier to be included in new friendship groups. Whereas in Adelaide (Metro area) people are far more clingy to their current friendship groups are are less likely to include someone new. Its harder to break into a brew friendship group in Adelaide compared to the eastern states.

I feel tht might have something to do with the lesser population Adelaide has but I'm not sure.
The lesser population theory works when comparing Adelaide to Melbourne, but not in comparing Adelaide to Townsville.

My folks have both said this.

Silly question but whats 'MATS'?
Bigfooty won't let me paste a link, but look for 'Metropolitan Adelaide Transport Study' on Wikipedia. The study called for a grand plan of half-a-dozen freeways that would have made driving around Adelaide much smoother. The NIMBYs ('Not In My Backyard') stopped it from going ahead. Today, the land acquisition and construction costs would make it impossible.

A lot of people are pretty insular. A 15 minute drive is 'out of the way'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back