News REX CHADWICK STANDS DOWN FROM RICHMOND BOARD

Remove this Banner Ad

FACT
The Age reported there would be two resignations in September.
So again it was well known that two vacancies were going to take place.
Now if people see this being disrespectful to Rex then they're wrong as I don't think anybody could stoop that low.
It is a board management / selection issue as we hade excellent candidates to fulfil the void.
People posting half the facts with accusations attached need to chill out as yes it's not helping the situation .

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...richmond-board-challenge-20160921-grlget.html

I'm very comfortable with the facts I've presented.

Haere Ra

That quote reads to me as though they expected the standing down to occur BEFORE or AT the election. The fact that it didn't happen at that time leads me to believe that rex obviously believed he would have been able to see out his term but alas we now know that will not be the case - wishing him all the best as well, health comes before anything like this board -

Taking a month's old quote really misconstrues the point of what it was all about here

Hi KiwiTiger,

As you know, having met me at the footy, I am Rex's step son and it took until your post for someone to actually have the decency to say something nice about him.
Rex has always put Richmond first and he truly loves the club. He certainly wasn't interested in any attention or profile raising.
He has had an ordinary 12 months with his health, but hopefully 2017 will see an improvement.

If only those speaking poorly of these board members who contribute both financially and professionally without any payment understood how much work goes into filling these roles.

I was hoping to read peoples gratitude towards a wonderful contributor to the club, wishing him well with his health etc, but instead feel really flat reading criticisms.

Anyway, I hope you are well mate.
Seriously don't read into this board. Key board warriors that don't think or know about what they are typing or the ramifications on others. All the best for Rex and much appreciation for his services.

That quote reads to me as though they expected the standing down to occur BEFORE or AT the election. The fact that it didn't happen at that time leads me to believe that rex obviously believed he would have been able to see out his term but alas we now know that will not be the case - wishing him all the best as well, health comes before anything like this board -

Taking a month's old quote really misconstrues the point of what it was all about here
They were well aware of the standing down before September if it had leaked to the age. Your assumption doesn't make sense if you read the article. Also read the other article I posted earlier.

They were well aware of the standing down before September if it had leaked to the age. Your assumption doesn't make sense if you read the article. Also read the other article I posted earlier.
i read it. i stand by my opinion which was based after reading it, you cant cherry-pick the line about standing down and not expect anyone to call it out. I also believe that KiwiTiger knows a hell of alot more than you when it comes to the board. everything Kiwi has said is beyond reproach and to think that you know better based on your 'feeling' or unsubstantiated opinions without knowing anyone on the board, involved at board level, or in those circles is 100% bullshit.

i read it. i stand by my opinion which was based after reading it, you cant cherry-pick the line about standing down and not expect anyone to call it out. I also believe that KiwiTiger knows a hell of alot more than you when it comes to the board. everything Kiwi has said is beyond reproach and to think that you know better based on your 'feeling' or unsubstantiated opinions without knowing anyone on the board, involved at board level, or in those circles is 100% bullshit.
Standing down means exactly that now don't move the goal posts.
I'll let you in on a little secret as every member on the board has not won their seat initially by election. Also Peggy recently stated that they're looking for a candidate with skill sets. So they didn't have a bloke back then to snuggle in and its admission they're still looking to hand pick somebody without going to election .
of course as they know when they're up for election the person will basically get in. Probably why Wallace and Casey are bitter.
Personally I admire KT input , but it doesn't mean we cannot have ours, unless you expect us to be all sheep under his guidance?
That's a cop out line and if you're to lazy to ask questions and accept his word as gospel and distort a newspaper article then I admire you for your obsequiousness .

Of course ,but we were talking facts weren't we????

It's probably because I'm a simple Kiwi living far away from football central, but I'm struggling to work out what you imply by quoting the article from the forth estate?

As I stated, Rex made his own decision, of his own timing, in the best interests of the Richmond Football Club, as he's always done. There's no conspiracy theories here.

Haere Ra

It's probably because I'm a simple Kiwi living far away from football central, but I'm struggling to work out what you imply by quoting the article from the forth estate?

As I stated, Rex made his own decision, of his own timing, in the best interests of the Richmond Football Club, as he's always done. There's no conspiracy theories here.

Haere Ra
Exactly as I didn't say there was bc the amendment in 2011 irradiates this , but you cannot deny facts that It was well known before September last year. Good old democracy.
I hope Peggy chooses wisely.

Standing down means exactly that now don't move the goal posts.
I'll let you in on a little secret as every member on the board has not won their seat initially by election. Also Peggy recently stated that they're looking for a candidate with skill sets. So they didn't have a bloke back then to snuggle in and its admission they're still looking to hand pick somebody without going to election .
of course as they know when they're up for election the person will basically get in. Probably why Wallace and Casey are bitter.
Personally I admire KT input , but it doesn't mean we cannot have ours, unless you expect us to be all sheep under his guidance?
That's a cop out line and if you're to lazy to ask questions and accept his word as gospel and distort a newspaper article then I admire you for your obsequiousness .
dont patronise me with the 'little secret' i know about the board.

yes, LOOKING FOR, because they believe that there is a deficit of a certain set of skills that would be advantageous to the board, just because you dont like that means jackshit. when they're up for election basically get in, well that means that the great unwashed masses prefer them over the candidates running for the board, to consider that as some sort of grand conspiracy is beyond ridiculous.

we can have our opinions yet if someone has an input that contains quantifiable facts coming from experience from involvement with the board or an article that is actually relevant, then im inclined to believe what they say over any 'opinions' of some great conspiracy :rolleyes:, nothing wrong with questions and asking for more context, yet an article months out of date with a cherry-picked line is gospel according to you? just because it supports your delusions? wow.......

They certainly were aware, it was even reported on other sites of which people have been directed to by yourself when the election was on.
Rex was obviously a great servant and a great bloke by all reports but he was a part of a board that has religiously made it hard on outsiders to get elected and made it easy for one of their own to get on.
Thats not a go at Rex thats just the way its gone .But it is something that needs to change.
Even good board members get some things wrong.

dont patronise me with the 'little secret' i know about the board.

yes, LOOKING FOR, because they believe that there is a deficit of a certain set of skills that would be advantageous to the board, just because you dont like that means jackshit. when they're up for election basically get in, well that means that the great unwashed masses prefer them over the candidates running for the board, to consider that as some sort of grand conspiracy is beyond ridiculous.

we can have our opinions yet if someone has an input that contains quantifiable facts coming from experience from involvement with the board or an article that is actually relevant, then im inclined to believe what they say over any 'opinions' of some great conspiracy :rolleyes:, nothing wrong with questions and asking for more context, yet an article months out of date with a cherry-picked line is gospel according to you? just because it supports your delusions? wow.......
Delusions. Haha did somebody hijack your account ? You're allowed to make outlandish assumptions to push your agenda , but I cannot . This is about democracy not about chest beating and again you have supplied absolutely nothing , but clinging onto
basically nothing that we didn't know.
Repeat
Early September the Age reported two board members were going to stand down. Dunne is hand picked.
Four months later he's voted in.
A few weeks later Rex sadly retires.
Two days ago Peggy mentions wanting to hand pick somebody with skill sets. December candidates bemused.
All makes sense.
Anyway I've made my point and I'm getting out of here as you're demonstrating being guilty by being personal and abusive.

They certainly were aware, it was even reported on other sites of which people have been directed to by yourself when the election was on.
Rex was obviously a great servant and a great bloke by all reports but he was a part of a board that has religiously made it hard on outsiders to get elected and made it easy for one of their own to get on.
Thats not a go at Rex thats just the way its gone .But it is something that needs to change.
Even good board members get some things wrong.
Exactly, but the rivers are being muddied as if its a disrespect towards Rex.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delusions. Haha did somebody hijack your account ? You're allowed to make outlandish assumptions to push your agenda , but I cannot . This is about democracy not about chest beating and again you have supplied absolutely nothing , but clinging onto
basically nothing that we didn't know.
Repeat
Early September the Age reported two board members were going to stand down. Dunne is hand picked.
Four months later he's voted in.
A few weeks later Rex sadly retires.
Two days ago Peggy mentions wanting to hand pick somebody with skill sets. December candidates bemused.
All makes sense.
Anyway I've made my point and I'm getting out of here as you're demonstrating being guilty by being personal and abusive.
what outlandish statements? please enlighten me :rolleyes:

im supplying nothing? i stated my opinion clearly, dont like it, idgaf.

Dunne being voted in is democracy at work.......so yes, it is all about democracy just because you dont like it, doesn't mean it isnt.
he was picked and served for a roughly 2 month period as is the boards right via the constitution. dont like it, attend an AGM and vote for changes or run for the board.

Rex would have stood down if he thought that he wouldn't be able to finish his term (as he has now sadly had to do)
the board is again, within their rights to choose someone who they think fits the needs of the BOARD, keeping in mind as i stated earlier in this thread my personal preference in a situation such as this is for the next popular candidate from the election should they be willing to join but that is neither here nor there

all makes sense? all makes a tin-foil conspiracy theory which is total horseshit. anyway, you got personal first with your 'enlightenment' comment acting like im some 10 year old child who has 0 clue.

what outlandish statements? please enlighten me :rolleyes:

im supplying nothing? i stated my opinion clearly, dont like it, idgaf.

Dunne being voted in is democracy at work.......so yes, it is all about democracy just because you dont like it, doesn't mean it isnt.
he was picked and served for a roughly 2 month period as is the boards right via the constitution. dont like it, attend an AGM and vote for changes or run for the board.

Rex would have stood down if he thought that he wouldn't be able to finish his term (as he has now sadly had to do)
the board is again, within their rights to choose someone who they think fits the needs of the BOARD, keeping in mind as i stated earlier in this thread my personal preference in a situation such as this is for the next popular candidate from the election should they be willing to join but that is neither here nor there

all makes sense? all makes a tin-foil conspiracy theory which is total horseshit. anyway, you got personal first with your 'enlightenment' comment acting like im some 10 year old child who has 0 clue.
Baaabaaa democracy a rule that removed members rights in 2011
Off you go. You've demonstrated you tin foil hat mentality for the board .

Haere Ra
You aren't a simple kiwi in anyone's books. That said I hardly think we can dispute the timing. Rex is unwell and can't carry on. People want to cry about that? Give me strength.

Baaabaaa democracy a rule that removed members rights in 2011
Off you go. You've demonstrated you tin foil hat mentality for the board .
what you mean the appointing of directors which is a common practice in the business world and AFAIK off the top of my head, Essendon, WCE and Sydney to name a few also practice?

I am far from a tin-foil hat mate, just because im not looking to tear down the club and back wild conspiracy theories about how 'EVIL PEGGY' is trying to control RFC doesn't make me a kool-aid drinker.

so how about you * off, stop the personal attacks which you started btw, and stop trying to live up to your name

For about the fifth time, the timing of rexs announcement changes nothing

- he resigns jan 2017, casual vacancy who is faces the vote in 2018

- he resigns dec 2016, casual vacancy who is faces the vote in 2018

- he resigns sep 2016, casual vacancy who is faces the vote in 2018

- he resigns feb 2016, casual vacancy who is faces the vote in 2018

No matter what time he resigned in 2016, his seat WOULD NOT have been contested at the 2016 agm.

Now to the next bit, depriving the members of a chance to discuss his replacement at the agm. Free resigned in november. Free will be a casual vacancy filled shortly. We all knew this at the agm. No one asked a single question about who frees replacement would be. Now if no one could be ****ed asking about free, pretty sure no one could be ****ed asking about rex

For about the fifth time, the timing of rexs announcement changes nothing

- he resigns jan 2017, casual vacancy who is faces the vote in 2018

- he resigns dec 2016, casual vacancy who is faces the vote in 2018

- he resigns sep 2016, casual vacancy who is faces the vote in 2018

- he resigns feb 2016, casual vacancy who is faces the vote in 2018

No matter what time he resigned in 2016, his seat WOULD NOT have been contested at the 2016 agm.

Now to the next bit, depriving the members of a chance to discuss his replacement at the agm. Free resigned in november. Free will be a casual vacancy filled shortly. We all knew this at the agm. No one asked a single question about who frees replacement would be. Now if no one could be stuffed asking about free, pretty sure no one could be stuffed asking about rex

As Gilligan would say it's all about the optics:cool:

As Gilligan would say it's all about the optics:cool:

Dude there are no optics on this one

Go back into my post, and months ago i was saying that two board members were expected to stand down in 2017, and that i understood one of them was rex. This has been out there enough that ive heard it. Now if i heard it, i can guarantee its no great conspiracy because i know noone.

On rex, some points to remember. He isnt what you would call a board stooge. He fought his was onto the board as an independant, beat the board nominated candidate, and did well (from what ive heard he has been a valued contributor to the board, where i heard free was seen by some as a disappointment for what he did)

Do you think a guy like this is gunna play games with the punters, the same ones he spoke to direct on the forums to get elected in the first place?

This is our only independent board member, and we should be sad he is crook and standing down. We shouldnt be pushing insulting conspiracy theories that will tarnish the memory of a loyal tig

Dude there are no optics on this one

Go back into my post, and months ago i was saying that two board members were expected to stand down in 2017, and that i understood one of them was rex. This has been out there enough that ive heard it. Now if i heard it, i can guarantee its no great conspiracy because i know noone.

On rex, some points to remember. He isnt what you would call a board stooge. He fought his was onto the board as an independant, beat the board nominated candidate, and did well (from what ive heard he has been a valued contributor to the board, where i heard free was seen by some as a disappointment for what he did)

Do you think a guy like this is gunna play games with the punters, the same ones he spoke to direct on the forums to get elected in the first place?

This is our only independent board member, and we should be sad he is crook and standing down. We shouldnt be pushing insulting conspiracy theories that will tarnish the memory of a loyal tig

No one is denigrating his service, my posting was for the board to get some brownie points appoint the third place getter in the election, who would still be an independent per say, by appointing one of their own that would take our independent voice on the board, can you see where I'm coming from?

And I voted for Rex back then

No one is denigrating his service, my posting was for the board to get some brownie points appoint the third place getter in the election, who would still be an independent per say, by appointing one of their own that would take our independent voice on the board, can you see where I'm coming from?

And I voted for Rex back then

This ia what i dont get. On dec 14 we already had a spare casual vacancy to be filled , Free. The option to do what you suggest was already available to them with his seat.

How does rex not resigning before the agm prevent that???

And i voted rex too, and i remember what he posted on the forums, as its what convinced me to vote for him. Its also why im angry at the slurs against him on this thread - and to say he delayed resigning to manipulate fans is a slur

This ia what i dont get. On dec 14 we already had a spare casual vacancy to be filled , Free. The option to do what you suggest was already available to them with his seat.

How does rex not resigning before the agm prevent that???

And i voted rex too, and i remember what he posted on the forums, as its what convinced me to vote for him. Its also why im angry at the slurs against him on this thread - and to say he delayed resigning to manipulate fans is a slur
Well the numb nuts that didn't vote should be asked that, copper was always going to replace free, the only one that was really in play was the woman that was endorsed by the president, if Rex had said he was standing down before then, it would have been prudent to put his seat up for election as well....optics

The way it's been handled has been poor imo, and that is not a reflection on the work that Rex has done for the club

I know they don't have to go to elections for what they have done and it's all above board, but given the angst it has caused ....optics again

The board may in reality be doing a great job , but it's about perceptions and reality. Optics again

Well the numb nuts that didn't vote should be asked that, copper was always going to replace free, the only one that was really in play was the woman that was endorsed by the president, if Rex had said he was standing down before then, it would have been prudent to put his seat up for election as well....optics

The way it's been handled has been poor imo, and that is not a reflection on the work that Rex has done for the club

I know they don't have to go to elections for what they have done and it's all above board, but given the angst it has caused ....optics again

The board may in reality be doing a great job , but it's about perceptions and reality. Optics again

Dunne replaced Matthies, who resigned long before Free did. As such he was never replacing free. Also if free was replaced prior to the agm it would not have gone to a vote, as his seat is up for election in 2017.

Again, rexs seat could not have been up for election in 2016, it would have been voted on in 2018.

Ryan, oneal, and Matthies/dunne was the ONLY seats due for a vote this cycle (with oneal made the board preselect). If you wanted rex and frees seats voted on, you would need a full spill via an egm

Dunne replaced Matthies, who resigned long before Free did. As such he was never replacing free. Also if free was replaced prior to the agm it would not have gone to a vote, as his seat is up for election in 2017.

Again, rexs seat could not have been up for election in 2016, it would have been voted on in 2018.

Ryan, oneal, and Matthies/dunne was the ONLY seats due for a vote this cycle (with oneal made the board preselect). If you wanted rex and frees seats voted on, you would need a full spill via an egm
Bingo so the board hand pick there own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back