Universal Love Richmond Board 2023 AFL Phantom Draft | Starts 11/11/23| First in best dressed, all spots filled

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 11- Bid- Gold Coast- Jake Rogers (Matched)
Pick 11 Geelong bids on Jake Rogers, a hard working midfielder with great speed, likened a bit to Dion Prestia with the diminutive stature. Gold Coast match the bid

Last edited:
Pick 12- Geelong Cats- Nate Caddy
Geelong select Nate Caddy, a 193cm forward/midfield player from the Northen Knights. Hard to go past with his skillset and ability to impact on the scoreboard. Has a long wingspan which should help to make up some of the lack of height in a key position aspect. With Cameron and Hawkins both over 30 geelong look to get a forward impact player to eventually take up the vacant spots. Strongly considered Caleb Windsor with this pick, with the reitrements of Menegola and Smith, an aging Duncan and Windsor speepd, Versatility and ball skills seemingly a perfect fit for geelong, but could pass up the potential of Caddy

Also in the mix: Caleb Windsor, James Leake, Koltyn Tholstrup

Next up is Tiger_Of_Old with essendon

Pick 13- Essendon- Darcy Wilson
Pick 13
Essendon select

Darcy Wilson Murray Bushrangers 186cm 74kg
(Thanks too write up from BF phantom draft)

Essendon crying out for a dashing user with great skills and speed on the outside and who better to do that than Darcy Wilson, there won't be anyone better in the draft in terms of needs and best player available all at the same time.

Darcy is classy hard running and smooth moving wingman who can push forward and impact the scoreboard with sound overhead abilities, with a very good vertical leap. He gets good separation from his opponents with his quick decision making and clean pickups and always seems to cruise around in 2nd gear but that 2nd gear is of a high pace, he just glides across the ground and covers it so easily and with the 2nd best 2km time at the recent combine, he will run opponents into the ground at the next level. He will be that metres gained type that tops the team most weeks - runs 30m kicks it 50m and be a player others look to play through going forward. Now often outside players get labelled at being soft or poor with contested work but Darcy is above average in that area and will put his head over it no troubles. He's got a very tough and wirey frame that stands up well in tough situations. His elite IQ allows him to turn contested situations int uncontested situations very quickly with a few powerful steps and he is away, with a constantly attacking mindset. His finishing is also first class and defensive prowess above average for a running outside player.

Pick 14- Adelaide Crows- Caleb Windsor
Pick 14
Adelaide select
Caleb Windsor
184cm - Wingman

The best winger in the draft class in a year where there aren’t too many wingers at the top end. Windsor’s fan club grew significantly across the back-half of the season. After averaging 16 disposals and five inside 50s for Vic Metro at the national carnival, Windsor starred for the Ranges, averaging 19 disposals from his final eight Coates Talent League games. But what scouts were most impressed with was Windsor’s ability to push forward and consistently hit the scoreboard, kicking one goal in all of those eight matches. While he didn’t have a high contested possession rate at the champs (27%), clubs love his electric speed, which was on display at the national combine. He placed third in the 20m sprint (2.916) while also finishing inside the top 10 of both vertical jump tests

Tigerbob your up

Last edited:
Pick 15- Melbourne Demons- Connor O'Sullivan
Pick 15 - Connor O’Sullivan - 198cm 92kg - Murray Bushrangers

KPD and can’t believe he’s still on the board. For the Dees, in my opinion the best tall defender in the draft, coupled with Watson we solve a couple of the bookend areas.

O’Sullivan is a great spoiler, reads the game exceptionally well and can take a grab. Athletically ready to go, Dees have time to develop him with Lever and May into their twilight years. This is an outstanding get for Melbourne.

Last edited:
OK my pick next
At gws we pick up from south Australia
Ashton Moir
Super talented half forward, can kick 50 metres + on both feet
Very good on the lead, way to talented for us not to pick up,
We will pair him with our inspirational skipper Toby over summer training. He may or may not play games in 2024,but we are patient and thinking long term here, if he can play in 2024
A forward line of hoges ricci, toby 1 and toby 2 ,stormy and moir will be so exciting the crowds will come and we will have packed stadiums every week
GO GIANTS THERES A BIG BIG SOUND
No Go -destined for Richmond first pick !

If the sons have Walters and reid nominated in the top 6
Why have they only lost picks 24 26 and 27 ??
Surely they should lose picks 32 36 and 38 as well
Same with the dogs if croft is nominated at pick 10
Why have they only lost picks 48 and 50

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 16- Sydney Swans- James Leake
Sydney was after the Dee's... So it's a me Mario.

With Pick 16
Sydney select:
James Leake

Another player who has steadily risen up the ranks throughout this year with strong form for the best part of the season wherever he's been thrown. Leake was an All-Australian half-back who provided plenty of spark in the Allies' defence, and then he spent some time in attack for Tasmania late in the year, kicking five goals in one game for the Devils. Has a leap and footy nous.

Would of loved O'Sullivan. But you get that in the big jobs.

Danw0w you're up.

Sydney was after the Dee's... So it's a me Mario.

With Pick 16
Sydney select:
James Leake

Another player who has steadily risen up the ranks throughout this year with strong form for the best part of the season wherever he's been thrown. Leake was an All-Australian half-back who provided plenty of spark in the Allies' defence, and then he spent some time in attack for Tasmania late in the year, kicking five goals in one game for the Devils. Has a leap and footy nous.

Would of loved O'Sullivan. But you get that in the big jobs.

Danw0w you're up.
Sorry about that. I got tagged so I thought I was up. I'll amend the bid to pick 17.

Pick 17- Bid- Hawthorn- Will McCabe (Matched)
At pick 17, the Saints bid on Will McCabe. McCabe is a 196cm key defender prospect from South Australia.

His father, Luke McCabe, played 138 games for the Hawks. The Hawks are expected to match the bid for the father/son prospect.

Will make pick 18 soon.

Pick 18- St Kilda- Lance Collard
St Kilda pick 18
Lance Collard
179/185 cm depending on source
Medium forward

Initially, I wanted to target St Kilda's key position player weakness. However, the Saints have been linked to Collard and its not hard to see why.

32 goals from 11 games including 10 in two finals. Collard is one of the most talented prospects coming out of WA and is an excellent replacement for Jade Gresham.

He has been compared to Shai Bolton. That tells you all you need to know.

"He is certainly in our top couple in terms of talent." -- WA State Talent Manager Adam Jones. (Zero Hanger)

Pick 19- Adelaide Crows- Ollie Murphy
Crows pick
OLLIE MURPHY

Position: Key defender

Size: 200cm

Clubs: Sandringham Dragons/East Brighton Vampires

AFL player comparison: Callum Wilkie

Prior to this year, Murphy was “hopeful” he’d be an AFL player come draft night. Several months later, he looms as a likely first-round pick after a captivating rise, with his Vic Metro MVP gong the highlight. One of his more impressive games was against the Allies where he did a great job on Jed Walter – after being moved onto him after quarter-time – while also finishing with 10 touches and five marks. After school footy commitments, Murphy settled back in defence for the finish of Sandringham’s premiership campaign, with his preliminary final performance against the Falcons (18 disposals, 8 marks) a standout. Murphy has great size and athletic ability — he ran a PB 2km time trial at the combine (6:18) — as well as a pinpoint left-foot kick, while he’s an aerial threat and not afraid to put his body on the line. Might’ve slid down a few boards in recent months but is still expected to be taken on the first night.

Grockadoc up next

Pick 20- North Melbourne- Koltyn Tholstrup
Pick 20: North Melbourne select:

Koltyn Tholstrup 186 cm, 86 kg Forward SUBIACO

For me one of the most talented players in this draft and my favourite player, Koltyn is a high forward who can player closer to goal, or push higher up the ground and help out around the midfield. Tholstrup played WAFL senior football this year and impressed, so has exposed form against stronger, mature bodies which bodes well for his future at AFL level.

Koltyn kicked 30 goals in 15 Colts game this year and this included 5 instances of 3 or more goals. Showing he is a consistent scoreboard threat. His composure with the ball in hand makes him a player you want having possession when looking to go inside 50. Whether in the midfield or as a high half forward, Tholstrup can burst through traffic and release a penetrating and damaging kick when going forward.

Would be a terrific partner for Cam Zurhaar, with each rotating through the midfield and forward line respectively.

STRENGTHS:

• Effort
  • Kick penetration
  • Overhead marking
  • Power
  • Scoreboard impact
  • Strength

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Consistency
  • Conversion

guruisatiger is up next! Hopefully he doesn't take the player I am wanting next pick.

Pick 20: North Melbourne select:

Koltyn Tholstrup 186 cm, 86 kg Forward SUBIACO

For me one of the most talented players in this draft and my favourite player, Koltyn is a high forward who can player closer to goal, or push higher up the ground and help out around the midfield. Tholstrup played WAFL senior football this year and impressed, so has exposed form against stronger, mature bodies which bodes well for his future at AFL level.

Koltyn kicked 30 goals in 15 Colts game this year and this included 5 instances of 3 or more goals. Showing he is a consistent scoreboard threat. His composure with the ball in hand makes him a player you want having possession when looking to go inside 50. Whether in the midfield or as a high half forward, Tholstrup can burst through traffic and release a penetrating and damaging kick when going forward.

Would be a terrific partner for Cam Zurhaar, with each rotating through the midfield and forward line respectively.

STRENGTHS:

• Effort
  • Kick penetration
  • Overhead marking
  • Power
  • Scoreboard impact
  • Strength

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Consistency
  • Conversion

guruisatiger is up next! Hopefully he doesn't take the player I am wanting next pick.
Really good choice. I was tossing up between him and Collard for St Kilda's first pick.

Really good choice. I was tossing up between him and Collard for St Kilda's first pick.

He's the one who is on my bucket list for a Richmond player. I wish we could trade up for him. He is the type of player that we want Cumberland to be. Has all the traits, but unlike Cumberland, actually puts in effort without the ball on a consistent basis. And his kicking into the likes of Dusty, Lynch, Kosi and Bolton... Delicious! However, it's likely just a pipe dream for us at this point.

There are rumours that GWS are interested as a partner to Toby Greene, which would be horrible for the rest of the comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back