Remove this Banner Ad

Wrenny

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
What's better than 1 win over Geelong over the weekend? TWO!

Who will step up to replace Hopper? Mid season candidates?

VFL Round 8, Richmond v Geelong, Saturday, May 13, 11.05am AEDT, Swinburne Centre
(Swipe across on mobile)

B: James Treziseo Jacob Bauer Tylar Young
HB: Sam Banks Tyler Sonsie Tom Bracher
C: Brad Melville Lachlan Street Austin Johnson
HF: Noah Cumberland Judson Clarke Steely Green
F: Kaelan Bradtke Harrison White Tom Brindley
Foll: Bigo Nyuon Garrett McDonagh Cam Olden
Int: Matt Clarkson Billy Cooper Joel Nathan Angus Hicks Misilifi Faimalo
23rd player: Matt Clarkson

Emergencies: Fraser Elliot Will Bravo Max Clohesy

In: Cumberland, Young, Sonsie, Clarke, Bradtke, Brindley, Faimalo, Clarkson

Out: Dow (injured), Ralphsmith (AFL), Mansell (AFL), Philactides (omitted), Teal (omitted), May (omitted), Bilston-McGillen (omitted), Clohesy (omitted)

New: Matt Clarkson

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see if Judson plays twos after a Qtr in the AFL. Will be keeping a close eye on Sonsie, Bauer, Cumberland, Bradtke and Tyler

good to see we're getting some afl listed numbers back in the VFL, bauer no longer the sole tall in the side with biggy, bradtke and young all back in

geelong VFL not doing too hot at the moment so hopefully the young lads can have big games

not sure who would be pushing to fill the hopper spot, because there's so many ways we can cover his absence

• cotch can go inside and we bring cumberland back fwd
  • ross play some inside and use clarke on the wing (would say pickett but i love him up fwd)
  • prestia leaves his "hf" role for a bit and bring cumbo/clarke
plus a bunch of others that i cba to list as theyre probs less likely, but do hope sons is able to go large and force dimma to pick him, but he'd probably need a few consistent games at VFL level because we know he's good there but he's not gonna have the same role at AFL level and will save us from the yoyo-ing of selection and dropping

wouldve been good to see dow not be injured

also wish to see bauer get a go up fwd but he's so good down back, wonder if we switch him fwd now since gibcus is about to be ready to play and i'd assume he'd slot in defence with young

but i'd also like to see gibcus play fwd when he comes back

also wish to see bauer get a go up fwd but he's so good down back, wonder if we switch him fwd now since gibcus is about to be ready to play and i'd assume he'd slot in defence with young

but i'd also like to see gibcus play fwd when he comes back

Gibcus won’t be back for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good to see we're getting some afl listed numbers back in the VFL, bauer no longer the sole tall in the side with biggy, bradtke and young all back in

geelong VFL not doing too hot at the moment so hopefully the young lads can have big games

not sure who would be pushing to fill the hopper spot, because there's so many ways we can cover his absence

• cotch can go inside and we bring cumberland back fwd
  • ross play some inside and use clarke on the wing (would say pickett but i love him up fwd)
  • prestia leaves his "hf" role for a bit and bring cumbo/clarke
plus a bunch of others that i cba to list as theyre probs less likely, but do hope sons is able to go large and force dimma to pick him, but he'd probably need a few consistent games at VFL level because we know he's good there but he's not gonna have the same role at AFL level and will save us from the yoyo-ing of selection and dropping

wouldve been good to see dow not be injured
Depending on the game I'd probably rather have Bolton and Prestia spend more time inside and bring in a forward? MRJ if fit?

Depending on the game I'd probably rather have Bolton and Prestia spend more time inside and bring in a forward? MRJ if fit?
site says he's currently 1-3 weeks with a hammy

so after this round it'd be 0-2 weeks ?

don't think we'd rush him back in to a pressure fwd role off a hammy unless we want him to do it again in a couple of weeks, so probs gotta use clarke or cumberland. unless steely green gets a call up

site says he's currently 1-3 weeks with a hammy

so after this round it'd be 0-2 weeks ?

don't think we'd rush him back in to a pressure fwd role off a hammy unless we want him to do it again in a couple of weeks, so probs gotta use clarke or cumberland. unless steely green gets a call up
Probably should have checked the injury report before posting lol. He'd be gutted to miss the Dreamtime game. Big game for Cumbo and Sonsie!

Probably should have checked the injury report before posting lol. He'd be gutted to miss the Dreamtime game. Big game for Cumbo and Sonsie!
true, getting to replace prestia's half fwd role would be a perfect role and challenge for sonsie, happy for any of cumbo/sonsie/clarke to get a call up if they play well enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think he'll bring in Cumbo. Probably leave him in the Magoo's for 3 or 4 weeks to get a bit of confidence back.
to be fair sonsie's last game of footy he played he was just as bad as cumberland was, although he played half a qtr longer, had 2 more touches, but 1 less effective disposal than cumbo

so they'd both be in the same situation, so maybe clarke is the right call

Tyler Sonsie will be used as a creator off half back a lot today.

This is a move I’ve wanted to see since he arrived at the club.

Could play the Nick Daicos role. Similar players and Sonsie ripped Daicos apart in their under 18 year in a head to head match.

They need to get creative with this kid. He is an absolute extreme talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back