VFL VFL RD 19 - Richmond v Brisbane, Sunday, July 31, 11:05am AEST, Swinburne Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Good summary bar your comment on Mansell imo. Outpointed by the highly rated Lohmann there s few times but has played some excellent footy in the VFL this season. At worst he should be useful depth.
I'll agree to disagree with you, but yep he's handy depth. Plays a bit like his coach actually. Would love him to really work on his disposal and become a multi-tool over the summer.

Not defending RCD but our mids are never big stat getters, not our style.
Yeah but you'd still have your contested ball winners getting it 25-30 a game and being efficient and damaging with those stats. RCD gets bugger all touches in the role he's supposed to be playing. That inside clearance winner. He pads his already low stats with fumbly link up play that usually derails us.

Yeah but you'd still have your contested ball winners getting it 25-30 a game and being efficient and damaging with those stats. RCD gets bugger all touches in the role he's supposed to be playing. That inside clearance winner. He pads his already low stats with fumbly link up play that usually derails us.
Yeah I was commenting on you 40 possie players at other clubs

I thought Tylar Young looked alright today.
Gibcus and Brown the only 2 future AFL best 22 locks out there.
Clarke, Dow, Bauer and a couple others might make it. We’ll see.
RCD is not good enough. Skills not good enough, it’s not a lack of development or engine blah blah blah.
Stack will leave, if he’s lucky gets a chance at West Coast, bust his arse for a preseason, play half a season of gun footy, get a new contract and be lazy. Rinse repeat.

Good summary bar your comment on Mansell imo. Outpointed by the highly rated Lohmann there s few times but has played some excellent footy in the VFL this season. At worst he should be useful depth.
People love to react to one ordinary performance. Mansell will probably win the VFL b&f and has pretty much been an emergency every game for the AFL team. He does plenty right, unfortunately for him he is playing the one position we don’t lack any depth in and it didn’t work out when we tried him as a pressure forward for a few weeks. I can remember one AFL game he had a bit of a stinker but every other game he’s played he looked comfortable at the level. He’s the last of our worries.

I like Mansell as a player, but got to agree with a few here that I don't know his position.
As a lockdown defender - too small when we have Vlas, Broad, Grimes.
Not enough of a rebounder to get a game ahead of Rioli, Baker, Short, Stack.
Played forward earlier in the season but didn't appear to work.

Most likely way of getting an AFL game is down back so that Baker & Short can play elsewhere.
Even then Stack would be a preferrable option IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People worrying about how many stats players at VFL , need to consider the influence Cumberland has had at AFL level in his two games and how little gibcus gets it at VFL .
Stats at VFL level mean zilch when considering a players worthiness of being picked at AFL .
Not sure what you’re trying to say ,, personally I feel Gibbo has struggled since r6 , no real issues but I feel he has a bit to work in prob needs to take pressure off himself too

I reckon that’s his ticket to an afl career ,, work on it , get into the game ,, use strengths leap and agility
I agree Bo as impressive he was developing as a defender it looked unnatural to him. This is bc he seemed more attacking , versatile with lots more to offer. That game where he was swung forward and changed the game was a vision of this. Then moving him into the ruck has shown all his attacking traits which include his great leap. second efforts and ability to ge the hit outs. He's so new to it and if he can improve his HO to advantage in time I believe he's going to be a valuable best 22.

I agree Bo as impressive he was developing as a defender it looked unnatural to him. This is bc he seemed more attacking , versatile with lots more to offer. That game where he was swung forward and changed the game was a vision of this. Then moving him into the ruck has shown all his attacking traits which include his great leap. second efforts and ability to ge the hit outs. He's so new to it and if he can improve his HO to advantage in time I believe he's going to be a valuable best 22.
It’s encouraging coz if we’re gonna improve, we have to step up from what soldo provides as a sec ruck

Shows how bad our list is talent wise. We had a heap of afl experience players in that team and get spanked at home by the bears. Jesus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back