VFL VFL RD 19 - Richmond v Brisbane, Sunday, July 31, 11:05am AEST, Swinburne Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown is ok
Banks is ok
Gibcus is ok
Clarke is ok
Biggy is ok
Soldo is ok

The rest are just horrible get rid of Dow,RCD, Stack, Bauer, Catstagna, Aarts, Martyn they are literally useless
So we get rid of the 7 players you mentioned above along with the Retirements of Edwrds , Lambert , Caddy , Parker and possibly Cotchin

Can i ask where do we find 11 replacements ?

Stats is not his weaknesses . IT'S more his attitude when attacking a contest as he seems hesitant and slow moving into it. If he does get the footy then it's his decision making and often poor DE. He's not even VFL standard IMHO.

Yep, didn't think he was today, was shown up a lot and looked like he was concentrating on his new handball trick of spin and handball over the shoulder......

Last edited:
Brown is ok
Banks is ok
Gibcus is ok
Clarke is ok
Biggy is ok
Soldo is ok

The rest are just horrible get rid of Dow,RCD, Stack, Bauer, Catstagna, Aarts, Martyn they are literally useless
Bauer, Dow easily survive. Stack iffy. RCD traded out. Castagna sadly has one more year and hopefully we can also trade for some free space on some clubs list for him to guard.

Bauer, Dow easily survive. Stack iffy. RCD traded out. Castagna sadly has one more year and hopefully we can also trade for some free space on some clubs list for him to guard.
RCD has no real currency. Token pick 60+ that I doubt we'd even use.

We missed big Sampson Ryan yesterday, both in the ruck and forward. He really does give structure to the team. Let’s hope that translates to AFL level . As for the rest of the VFL season he’s the most important player in our team, we’re a much better outfit with him out there

Yeah unfortunately (for George) guarding space is no longer the In thing TI, all the small forwards are offensive weapons who can convert.
I don’t think anyone would take him. He probably plays out his contract next year in the 2s
May as well play him through the midfield, where his sh!t disposal creates least headaches

He's not gonna make it. Other teams have developing mids getting 40 touches, kicking goals and genuinely dominating at VFL level but can't crack a game. We've got a bloke who gets sub 20 and looks like he firmly belongs at this level. It's tough to swallow but our midfield cupboard is basically bare.

I was never convinced from the outset he was a inside mid. Why not play him elsewhere and put Banks in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Browne looks a good player, not sure if I have seen him make a mistake yet. Chooses the right option every time. Just needs to get a bit bigger and stronger. Don't mind the look of Bauer either, launches at the ball and good mitts. Playing FF in the VFL the last month has been tough, 2 wet weeks and 2 howling gales.

Tom Browne looks a good player, not sure if I have seen him make a mistake yet. Chooses the right option every time. Just needs to get a bit bigger and stronger. Don't mind the look of Bauer either, launches at the ball and good mitts. Playing FF in the VFL the last month has been tough, 2 wet weeks and 2 howling gales.
Thing with Tom Brown is I don't know what role he fills for a while. Small/medium defenders is not really an area we need to fill with all of Baker, Rioli, Mansell, Vlastuin, Short, Broad, Grimes capable of playing the role. Then you have guys like Ralphsmith, Stack, Banks on the list developing too.

He's a reasonable size at 186cm, but he needs to fill out obviously. Could that translate to being a midfield rotation?

Thing with Tom Brown is I don't know what role he fills for a while. Small/medium defenders is not really an area we need to fill with all of Baker, Rioli, Mansell, Vlastuin, Short, Broad, Grimes capable of playing the role. Then you have guys like Ralphsmith, Stack, Banks on the list developing too.

He's a reasonable size at 186cm, but he needs to fill out obviously. Could that translate to being a midfield rotation?
We will have the luxury of introducing a player like Browne gradually. As a 2nd year players might get 6-8 games and then ready to go the following. By then Grimes will be 33 and maybe gone, Broad 31 and Vlastuin 30. Stack I doubt will be around, Banks is more a wing I think and Ralphsmith doesn't have Browne's all round class although promising as an attacking player half back. Browne reminds me very much of Vlastuin with more speed. Can't have enough of those types.

We will have the luxury of introducing a player like Browne gradually. As a 2nd year players might get 6-8 games and then ready to go the following. By then Grimes will be 33 and maybe gone, Broad 31 and Vlastuin 30. Stack I doubt will be around, Banks is more a wing I think and Ralphsmith doesn't have Browne's all round class although promising as an attacking player half back. Browne reminds me very much of Vlastuin with more speed. Can't have enough of those types.
If thats the case I would offer Vlastuin up for trade in the offseason because we need more first round picks and he is a nutter with currency who most likely detracts from the culture and won't be around for the next flag. You can't trade them all out.

If thats the case I would offer Vlastuin up for trade in the offseason because we need more first round picks and he is a nutter with currency who most likely detracts from the culture and won't be around for the next flag. You can't trade them all out.
Worst post I’ve ever seen on this forum. Vlastuin is probably in the top 3 intercepting defenders in this comp, and was a captain of Vic Metro who very much leads by his hardness in a contest. Very much one of the leaders of our backline.
But yeah, he detracts from our culture. seriously 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WTAF ?

Last edited:
Lot of Tigers fans getting into Hardwicks medicinal marijuana it seems.

Shows how bad our list is talent wise. We had a heap of afl experience players in that team and get spanked at home by the bears. Jesus.
Lions had 14-16 AFL listed players running around yesterday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back