VFL Gameday - Richmond vs Geelong 11:05am Swinburne Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

nobody mate . Sonsie probably the only one with Biggy, but you wouldn't be making changes to last nights team unless Hopper's out.
Hopper will miss 3 imo he was still wonky after the game in the rooms
I never watched the VFL game due to work how did Bradtke play and who played on him was it an AFL listed or vfl player

Hopper will miss 3 imo he was still wonky after the game in the rooms
I never watched the VFL game due to work how did Bradtke play and who played on him was it an AFL listed or vfl player
He was way below the level bc he was extremely unfit and looking bereft of game time. Hopefully I will get a better indication of him when he's fully fit. Did kick a goal, but way off the pace and Biggy went forward and saved the day.

He was way below the level bc he was extremely unfit and looking bereft of game time. Hopefully I will get a better indication of him when he's fully fit. Did kick a goal, but way off the pace and Biggy went forward and saved the day.
Biggy look a chance for sen TI ?, I reckon we should try him in f50 at afl

Disappointing from our AFL boys today.

2 VFL listed players that were good
Tresize
Brindley.
No El-Nour unfortunately.

Tresize was mentioned re mid season draft prospects earlier in the week. Excellent athlete, looked clean today in the air and on the ground. Like a lot of lefties ( Duncan Kellaway excluded) looks a beautiful kick.

we are weak overhead , I spotted it in praccy matches , strange we dont try and address it by adding a tall that can mark , I’d give him millers spot
NO Miller has been outstanding with his 1 per centers and making a contest. Plus Miller is giving Ryan a chop out in the ruck. He can go as sub and then maybe do as you say with Miller if he's not performing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This kid is showing some really good signs and i hope the Tigers persist with him and continue his development
His size athleticism is sensational and offers something different to all our other backs and even in the ruck has potential for a chop out

Think he still needs 8-9kgs to his frame and could be that slow burn types and end up a Aliir Aliir type backman in 2-3 years time
Aliir - 194cm 96kgs
Biggy - 197cm - 90kgs

Get this kid to 100kgs and play him on the gorilla's

Biggy look a chance for sen TI ?, I reckon we should try him in f50 at afl
I’d bring biggie in as a ruck and play Samson forward if jack needs a rest. Jack looked very very sore last night.

Our aerial ability is crap and that’s putting it mildly , ffs let’s try and do something about it ,,, did biggy look closer to senior footy than Bauer did he ?
Bauer is not at the standard I believe. It’s Biggie and Sonsie the only two blokes worthy of selection and depending on need and team structure then only one can be selected.

Bauer is not at the standard I believe. It’s Biggie and Sonsie the only two blokes worthy of selection and depending on need and team structure then only one can be selected.
Sonsie no How come Bauer didn't play? I only watched the first half and left disappointment. I like Clarkos son's game looked very clean and didn't turn it over once compared to the others. How did he go second half?

I only saw from halfway through the third to the end, but I’d agree with the statement.

Clarke looked better in the fourth as a high half forward, but didn’t show that composure you’d like.

I thought Bauer was the most noticeable (I’m purposefully not using the word best) but as a back seems all or nothing. Will take a great intercept mark one possession, then the next gives up a contested mark as he’s trying to mark where a spoil would be more appropriate. Moves the ball quick by foot creating a really good transition play on one possession, the very next he goes too quick when he should have taken half a second and turns it over. My biggest thought was that he has AFL attributes but would benefit greatly from playing alongside some vets who can help him navigate when to go and when to spoil. When to go quick and went to take it slower.

Bradtke seems to have just been told to stay inside forward 50 and make sure the ball gets to ground. You don’t see any stay at home forwards these days. A long way off it, but I don’t think he got beat in a 1v1 so there’s something to work with.

Cumberland was okay. Confidence in kick 3 goals, did some nice things; but won’t get called up for a few more weeks you’d feel.

Banks looks clean when he gets it. Just doesn’t get it enough which is the hallmark of a Richmond VFL wing. One of those that will be better at AFL level than VFL level in my opinion.

I’m also illogically optimistic about Steely Green. For a bloke who has thus far struggled to find the footy at VFL level I just see something that gets me excited. Will be all frills no flash type. Baker mark II.

I’d like to keep Sonsie in the VFL for another week. Hopefully Dow will be back and available for selection and the in for Hopper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back