VFL Round 18 vs Box Hill July 22nd Punt Road 10:05am

Remove this Banner Ad

Steely should’ve hit a target. Oh well, we’ve been missing targets all game so not surprised.

Don’t think it was a bad game by us though. Box Hill were very clean with their kicks in the last quarter.

Cumberland and MRJ were good today and put their name down for a call-up.

Had our chances but some poor skills have let us down, MRJ, Dow, Biggie and Hicks have all fumbled and had below average disposals under pressure at crucial times, they need to learn their lessons and hope they are still given the opportunity next season

Steely should’ve hit a target. Oh well, we’ve been missing targets all game so not surprised.

Don’t think it was a bad game by us though. Box Hill were very clean with their kicks in the last quarter.

Cumberland and MRJ were good today and put their name down for a call-up.
MRJ’s effort was good but his disposal under pressure cost us a number of crucial goals when we had the momentum

This loss is going to hurt our finals chances unfortunately. We play Williamstown and North Melbourne in the run home, so those games are going to be like mini-Elimination Finals.

No point in making finals if we can’t beat them as we’d likely play one of them or Casey if we make it.

MRJ’s effort was good but his disposal under pressure cost us a number of crucial goals when we had the momentum
Yeah true, his decision-making/disposals put us under a lot of pressure at time.

I really liked his centre work though. He gave us some meaningful clearances especially in the last

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure you have the right player. Was playing ovens and Murray last year with 2 call ups to the swans reserves
Thanks I stand corrected, I didn’t follow him at the Swans and thought I had read that he had a full season there

If someone kicks six you'd think they should be heavily considered for seniors the following week. Well done Cumbo. The intent and level was where we needed it to be and it was pretty much a four quarter performance.

Great response from MRJ to getting dropped. He was probably second best on to Cumberland for mine. Was everywhere.

Sonsie put in another solid performance. Really starting to string them together. I still don't think we see him in the seniors until next year but I like his form currently. Kicked a high pressure goal which is good character development as he missed one late against Southport or Brisbane, can't remember who.

That rounds out my top 3. Honourable mentions to Trezise, Dow, Clarke, Ryan and Brown. Might be missing some as the effort was pretty consistent across the whole team.

6 straight and set up 2 others

played another great game…should be called up next week, especially as we are struggling with goal kickers in the seniors
Did anyone else notice late in the game Cumberland not going with his man as they rebounded from the back half, looked and though nah. 6 goals is great, but until he gets that out of his game, he might stay in the VFL.

Did anyone else notice late in the game Cumberland not going with his man as they rebounded from the back half, looked and though nah. 6 goals is great, but until he gets that out of his game, he might stay in the VFL.

All I know is from watching our games our forward line is pathetic it's filled with scrawny geriatrics, blokes with nil forward craft like Cotchin and MRJ and resting mids. Get him and Bradtke in and McQualter can f@ck right off I'd prefer a coach feared and respected by the players than too chummy and too scared to trim the fat.

All I know is from watching our games our forward line is pathetic it's filled with scrawny geriatrics, blokes with nil forward craft like Cotchin and MRJ and resting mids. Get him and Bradtke in and McQualter can f@ck right off I'd prefer a coach feared and respected by the players than too chummy and too scared to trim the fat.
Agree. I'd rather Brindley than Bradtke, might have drafted the wrong bloke.

good job jr excellent response. more of that moving forward. good cotchin and meatball replacement.

kicking still an issue though. 1 kick today.

6 goal cumbo gotta come in now surely.

Yes I noticed it a few times during the game, but do we take the good withe bad ? It’s a tough one to call for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back