Review JLT Community Series opener - Sydney v North @ Coffs

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta love the tangents we get too here

Now its Peter Bedford v Mcveigh

Bring on the real footy I say, just like seeing kids play pre season thats about it

foote looked ok And Edwards, both surprised me. Time will tell

Robinson looks lost

Newman nervous

Gotta love the tangents we get too here

Now its Peter Bedford v Mcveigh

Bring on the real footy I say, just like seeing kids play pre season thats about it

foote looked ok And Edwards, both surprised me. Time will tell

Robinson looks lost

Newman nervous
I never started that, but i'll tell you this if Hodge was our Captain we would have won another flag

Don't know if you saw Peter Bedford play. I did. A superbly skilled footballer and courageous. Played in an era when ball players got no protection, got targeted by thugs in boots and he played brilliantly in fairly ordinary teams. Peter Bedford played 178 games and kicked 325 goals as a ROVER. He was our B&F five times, leading goal kicker three times in a career of 8 years. He roved to losing rucks every week and would catch and kill his own goals. In a stronger team could have won a couple of Brownlow's and captained a premiership or two. Brownlow's - Bedford 1 McVeigh ?????

All fair enough too.

But I didn't need to denegrate his (bedfords) contribution to the club through cheap and disrespectful name calling.

Wish others would allow a similar respect to a club champion from a different era

All fair enough too.

But I didn't need to denegrate his (bedfords) contribution to the club through cheap and disrespectful name calling.

Wish others would allow a similar respect to a club champion from a different era
I really couldn't care less, to me apart from his 2 really good seasons he's McHack. If you didn't realise this is a forum for free speech within reason and it's being very well run, probably the best ever, with no disrespect to the likes of Grim, Bonz etc.

Having watched the game tonight I was impressed with both Heeney and Mills. Heeney's skill and balance is just superb. He is on another level to nearly all the other players out there. If he finds consistency he will be dominant. Mills is able to read the play beautifully and will be a general down back for us.
Most of the players were quite rusty and there were alot of fumbles. Fox caught my eye with his zip and could be a smokey for the small forward role.
Some of our more experienced players went through the motions which is fine because it's a preseason game.

I don't quite get the McVeigh argument. Yes he has gone downhill, yes he isn't in the best form, yes he was poor in the Grand Final, but I still think he was playing better than potential replacements in fringe NEAFL guys. He might very well lose his spot this year but he has also played a fair amount of good football for us over the years.

I don't quite get the McVeigh argument. Yes he has gone downhill, yes he isn't in the best form, yes he was poor in the Grand Final, but I still think he was playing better than potential replacements in fringe NEAFL guys. He might very well lose his spot this year but he has also played a fair amount of good football for us over the years.
Injury started to get him but when he's fully fit & focused & playing his best footy he's a match winner IMO.

I have no doubt he bleeds red & white. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it was his & Kizzas idea to stand aside (or at the least they supported the move) actually. Macca just strikes me as the ultimate team player (like all our recent captains).

He started last year off on a bad foot & ended in the same fashion. Maybe the pressure to pick the club up with all the new blood + fighting an interrupted pre-season then injury niggles throughout the year, all the while mentoring + media etc - Maybe it was all too much? I hope he & Kizza both have clearer heads this year & focus on playing their best footy. If they can both give us an increase from last year's performance I think it'll go a long way to putting us in a very good spot again IMO. They will still lead, it's not like by not being captain they should have any less leadership on the field. But I think pulling them both away from that extra, off the field stuff will help.

You were not impressed by Aliir in the NEAFL? How many games did you see? His intercept marking and ability to make the contest were sensational in the NEAFL. Not to mention his ability to set up play and break the lines.

Did you really watch any NEAFL, a little NEAFL maybe but not a lot?

On HUAWEI Y560-U23 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You just proved my point that attributes generally indicate a player's potential more than their performances. AA had a couple of starring games as a defender in the NEAFL but otherwise had just a few good moments per match that showed what he's capable of. So I've always found stats and how well-sighted a player is in pre-season matches to be void of meaning

Didn't really look like that was his role, but perhaps goes into his shell too much. Did well and I had him among the best

I've been a defendant of Foote and maintain he will be a star of our club for ten years if given a proper crack. But he was nowhere near our best yesterday. He didn't do anything wrong, and I like the look of him and have for a long time but this game was not exactly Foote making a statement to selectors like Mills did with his courage or Heeney and Jones did with their ferocity. And they were blokes who were already pretty much best 22. I want Foote to succeed but I completely get why people would be underwhelmed or indifferent by him if he's not gonna give them a reason to be excited. He deserves a good chance but let's call a spade a spade. Our midfield's really competitive at the moment so he can't just be a good footballer. He's really got to bring it now.

Don't know if you saw Peter Bedford play. I did. A superbly skilled footballer and courageous. Played in an era when ball players got no protection, got targeted by thugs in boots and he played brilliantly in fairly ordinary teams. Peter Bedford played 178 games and kicked 325 goals as a ROVER. He was our B&F five times, leading goal kicker three times in a career of 8 years. He roved to losing rucks every week and would catch and kill his own goals. In a stronger team could have won a couple of Brownlow's and captained a premiership or two. Brownlow's - Bedford 1 McVeigh ?????
Yep totally agree - we loved how Peter Bedford played. One of our family's favourite players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just proved my point that attributes generally indicate a player's potential more than their performances. AA had a couple of starring games as a defender in the NEAFL but otherwise had just a few good moments per match that showed what he's capable of. So I've always found stats and how well-sighted a player is in pre-season matches to be void of meaning
Aren't performances in preseason and NEAFL games a demonstration of a player's attributes though?

I've been a defendant of Foote and maintain he will be a star of our club for ten years if given a proper crack. But he was nowhere near our best yesterday. He didn't do anything wrong, and I like the look of him and have for a long time but this game was not exactly Foote making a statement to selectors like Mills did with his courage or Heeney and Jones did with their ferocity. And they were blokes who were already pretty much best 22. I want Foote to succeed but I completely get why people would be underwhelmed or indifferent by him if he's not gonna give them a reason to be excited. He deserves a good chance but let's call a spade a spade. Our midfield's really competitive at the moment so he can't just be a good footballer. He's really got to bring it now.

A star of the club may be a bit optimistic

Anyone been on instagram?

We need a replacement for Derrickxxxszz dont forget

Someone tall to post pictures near a mirror

This post belongs more in the "Posts that don't deserve a thread" thread than in the Swans v Norf review thread, just saying :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back