Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having an argument with husband (who knows s**t about football) about Chocco recruiting and I can't be assed looking up who Chocco recruited when he put recruiting into his job description as one of his many jobs.
Can anyone give me a list please. I'd like to shut his Crows mouth up. I will tell you the flavour of the argument later if/when I get a list

This doesn't help much but Chocco had to be persuaded pretty hard to go for Kane Cornes, he wasn't a fan.

UNOis0k.gif

I hope bad things don't follow, like what happened with that trampoline. 

Hartlett is a born HBF, you can see it in the way he plays. It's always been glaringly obvious. He doesn't have an ounce of ability as a forward and hence we won't see him there, but some people just show the traits and read the play like defenders and HH is one of them. He will be in the discussions for the AA Squad if he plays HBF all year.

It's just a shame he's failed to have the impact or find the consistency required as a mid. We certainly hoped for more from a pick #4.

Having an argument with husband (who knows s**t about football) about Chocco recruiting and I can't be assed looking up who Chocco recruited when he put recruiting into his job description as one of his many jobs.
Can anyone give me a list please. I'd like to shut his Crows mouth up. I will tell you the flavour of the argument later if/when I get a list

Here ya go

1998 - Michael Stevens
Josh Carr
Adam Morgan
Toby Thurstans
Derek Murray
Jared Poulton
Scott Bassett
Tim Masierowski
Kaine Marsh
Don Webb
Che Cockatoo-Collins
Jarrad Schofield

1999 - Paul Koulouriotis
Cain Ackland
Brent Guerra
Steven Brosnan
Wade Chapman
Darren Burton
Dean Brogan
Tom Carr
Scott Hahn
Matthew Bishop
Brett Montgomery

2000 - Shaun Burgoyne
Kane Cornes
Allan Murray
Domenic Cassisi
Chris Hall
Ben Hollands
Steven Brosnan
Darryl Wakelin

2001 - Barry Brooks
Damon White
Jared Poulton
Jordan Barham
Jaxon Crabb
Mark McKenzie
Nick Jackman
Damien Hardwick

2002 - Steven Salopek
Stephen Gilham
Brett Ebert
Wade Champion
Joel Patfull
Scott Borlace
Stuart Cochrane
Byron Pickett

2003 - Troy Chaplin
Brad Symes
Luke Peel
Robert Forster-Knight
Michael Pettigrew
Jacob Surjan
Josh Mahoney
Adam Grocke
Salim Hassan
Dale Ellis

2004 - Adam Thomson
Ryan Willits
James Ezard
Fabian Deluca
Ben Eckermann
Elijah Ware
Danyle Pearce
Robert Forster-Knight
Peter Walsh
Aaron Shattock

2005 - Nick Lower
Alipate Carlile
Hugh Minson
Jonathan Giles
Matt Thomas
Thomas Rischbieth
Greg Bentley
Tim Looby
Tom Logan
Nathan Lonie
Daniel Motlop

2006 - Travis Boak
Paul Stewart
Nathan Krakouer
Robbie Gray
Justin Westhoff
Ryan Williams
Adam Cockshell
Alex Lee
Gavin Grose
Nathan Batsanis
Peter Hardy

2007 - Matthew Lobbe
Marlon Motlop
Matthew Westhoff
Mitchell Farmer
Nick Salter
Daniel Boyle
Ryan Willits

2008 - Hamish Hartlett
Jackson Trengove
Matthew Broadbent
Mitch Banner
Jarrad Redden
Glenn Dawson
Jason Davenport
Josh Carr
Wade Thompson
Danny Meyer
Daniel Stewart
Matthew Martin
Jesse Laurie

- John Butcher
Andrew Moore
Jasper McMillan-Pittard
Scott Harding
Cameron Hitchcock
Daniel Webb
Cameron Cloke
Glenn Dawson
Daniel Bass
Jordon Johns
Jay Schulz
Jay Nash

Looking a bit far ahead, but after reading some things on the main board lately, I would not mind at all if we knock off the Bulldogs in Ballarat...especially with Polec having a great game.

They are awfully cocky aren't they. Being starved of success their entire lives has made them drunk with it

Last edited:
What is Tim Evans up to these days?

They are awfully cocky aren't they. Being starved of success their entire lives has made them drunk with it
Well if you can't be cocky in the pre season you are champions...

So Tim Evans played in the 1976 GF side as a fullback, I wonder who the mastermind was to do the switcharoo?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was Jack. Story on this board somewhere of Jack watching him goal kicking at practice and a legend was born.

Was a Centre Half Back at Geelong but yeah Jack saw him taking shots and knew he could take a grab so yeah.

Go kick a 1000 goals old mate.

I think I've told the story a couple of times but anyway ... Jack watched Tim who came to Port as a CHB, slotting goals at training and was impressed by his accuracy. Played him at full forward in a mid week Datsun Cup game against the bays and Tim kicked 3.4. But his accuracy improved.

Jack played Tim alongside Randall Gerlach and they kicked 16 between them first time out v West. Randall kicked 11 and Tim 5. Anyway it didnt really click again as both played like full forwards.

Randall was the incumbent and held the spot, kicked 90 goals in 1976. As Randall's condition worsened in 1977 Tim took over at full forward. Tim kicked 7 in the grand final and Randall played a heroic game as second ruck resting in the back pocket then retired.

I think I've told the story a couple of times but anyway ... Jack watched Tim who came to Port as a CHB, slotting goals at training and was impressed by his accuracy. Played him at full forward in a mid week Datsun Cup game against the bays and Tim kicked 3.4. But his accuracy improved.

Jack played Tim alongside Randall Gerlach and they kicked 16 between them first time out v West. Randall kicked 11 and Tim 5. Anyway it didnt really click again as both played like full forwards.

Randall was the incumbent and held the spot, kicked 90 goals in 1976. As Randall's condition worsened in 1977 Tim took over at full forward. Tim kicked 7 in the grand final and Randall played a heroic game as second ruck resting in the back pocket then retired.

Didn't Jack also turn Scotty from a ho-hum HFF to a bonafide FF?

Blotted his copybook with his near-disastrous treatment of Warren though. Still, 2 out of 3 is pretty good.

Blotted his copybook with his near-disastrous treatment of Warren though. Still, 2 out of 3 is pretty good.

And Liz had a hand in some players ... ;)

That's right about Scott and if Russell had still been coach Scott would have played HBF that year. Now there's a sliding door for you Damian Barrett. ;)

Last edited:
It is a little scary to think what would have happened if Jack didnt come back and sort out those positional moves.....I reckon we would have struggled for a flag between 88 & 90 if we were still rotating Phillips & Leslie between CHB & CHF, and continuing to use Hodges as a flanker.

Geoff Phelps or Paul Stringer could have become FF :eek:

Thanks for that REH, much appreciated.

You should hold a Q&A session one day, your knowledge of the great club would be unsurpassed I'd think.

Thanks for that REH, much appreciated.

You should hold a Q&A session one day, your knowledge of the great club would be unsurpassed I'd think.
That was Ford not me who provided the info.

Last edited:

Thanks Ford :)

Here ya go

1998 - Michael Stevens
Josh Carr
Adam Morgan
Toby Thurstans
Derek Murray
Jared Poulton
Scott Bassett
Tim Masierowski
Kaine Marsh
Don Webb