The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Jatz but I hope Leicester get relegated now, just to compound for the board what a s**t decision they've just made.

The club spent the last decade hovering between League One and nosing above the Premier League relegation zone until Ranieri came along. Is the board's expectation now that the club should be perennially fighting for one of the Europa League places? If so they might want to work on increasing the transfer budget before putting all their eggs in the 'new messiah will fix all our problems' basket.

More than any manager in Leicester's history, he should have sufficient credit in the bank to be given until the end of the season at least. This is a man who will inevitably end up with a statue and a stand named after him, surely he deserves to be given a little more leeway and respect. Given what happened less than 12 months ago, this isn't a normal situation, I don't think it's in any way comparable to your average manager battling relegation so I disagree with the idea that this is a rational, expected decision given Leicester's current plight.

Increasing the transfer budget how? They've spent the 8th most in the league (net spend).

It is, but if you let your personal standards (effort, commitment etc) drop because you've lost confidence you're just as culpable as the manager.

Of course. Just as culpable as the manager. So if Ranieri has lost the players he's just as culpable. You can't sack 25 players and start again, you can sack a manager and try and get the most out of the players then rebuild in the summer.

Net spend you say

ArsenalFanTV.jpg

Of course. Just as culpable as the manager. So if Ranieri has lost the players he's just as culpable. You can't sack 25 players and start again, you can sack a manager and try and get the most out of the players then rebuild in the summer.

I didn't say they shouldn't sack Ranieri. And I didn't say that they should sack 25 players either.

You seemed to suggest that "losing the manager" was a cop out.

It is. A player blaming the manager for his own under performances, lack of effort, lack of discipline, lack of commitment etc is an absolute cop out. And the ones that shout "lost the dressing room" are usually the first to shout "lost the dressing room" when the next bloke comes in and they're looking for another excuse for their under performances, lack of effort, lack of discipline, lack of commitment etc.

Last edited:
It is. A player blaming the manager for his own under performances, lack of effort, lack of discipline, lack of commitment etc is an absolute cop out. And the ones that should "lost the dressing room" are usually the first to shout "lost the dressing room" when the next bloke comes in and they're looking for another excuse for their under performances, lack of effort, lack of discipline, lack of commitment etc.

Then we're agreeing. In which case I don't know why you're going on this big charade about being upset about a manager being sacked for losing the players if you agree he should have been sacked.

Then we're agreeing. In which case I don't know why you're going on this big charade about being upset about a manager being sacked for losing the players if you agree he should have been sacked.

When did I say I was upset about Ranieri being sacked?

When did I say I was upset about Ranieri being sacked?

Ok mate. You've spent the last half an hour or whatever it's been trying to argue against sacking managers for losing the players, or saying it's a cop out, or whatever you've been doing. Maybe you're just in the mood for a debate, but I'm checking out now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Increasing the transfer budget how? They've spent the 8th most in the league (net spend).
Pretty sad for Liverpool that Leicesters net spend has been 50mil more than ours over the last 3 windows.

WTF is FSG doing.

Pretty sad for Liverpool that Leicesters net spend has been 50mil more than ours over the last 3 windows.

WTF is FSG doing.

Yeah pretty crazy, and again doesn't reflect well on their transfer committee.

WTF is FSG doing.

Same as Kroenke at Arsenal.

They bought the club for the 'name'; global brand based on history/tradition/success, sponsorship piggybacking on the worldwide spread of fans, TV revenue,winning anything is just the cream on the cake. Ownership is an investment, not a passion. Success is measured by $s generated, not trophies won.

Storied 'franchises'.
FSG; Liverpool & Boston Red Sox
Kroenke; Arsenal & LA Rams.

Same as Kroenke at Arsenal.

They bought the club for the 'name'; global brand based on history/tradition/success, sponsorship piggybacking on the worldwide spread of fans, TV revenue,winning anything is just the cream on the cake. Ownership is an investment, not a passion. Success is measured by $s generated, not trophies won.

Storied 'franchises'.
FSG; Liverpool & Boston Red Sox
Kroenke; Arsenal & LA Rams.
The Rams are not a storied franchise.

Sorry Jatz but I hope Leicester get relegated now, just to compound for the board what a s**t decision they've just made.

The club spent the last decade hovering between League One and nosing above the Premier League relegation zone until Ranieri came along. Is the board's expectation now that the club should be perennially fighting for one of the Europa League places? If so they might want to work on increasing the transfer budget before putting all their eggs in the 'new messiah will fix all our problems' basket.

More than any manager in Leicester's history, he should have sufficient credit in the bank to be given until the end of the season at least. This is a man who will inevitably end up with a statue and a stand named after him, surely he deserves to be given a little more leeway and respect. Given what happened less than 12 months ago, this isn't a normal situation, I don't think it's in any way comparable to your average manager losing the dressing room and battling relegation, so I disagree with the idea that this is a rational, expected decision given Leicester's current plight.
This is a great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back