The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 months work for good coin and potentially one last challenge.

Guess we'll see.

Yeah meant besides the obvious $$$.

It's not exactly a fun challenge though is it? If he succeeds it's expected because of who he is and what Leicester achieved last season, and if he fails then he has a relegation to his name and I doubt he wants to go out that way

Lol surely Hiddink doesn't take it, there is absolutely nothing in it for him.
giphy.gif

It's not exactly a fun challenge though is it? If he succeeds it's expected because of who he is and what Leicester achieved last season, and if he fails then he has a relegation to his name and I doubt he wants to go out that way

Is it? How much experience does he actually have in relegation battles?

Is it? How much experience does he actually have in relegation battles?
If you appointed guardiola are you trying to tell me people would cut him slack because he's never been in a relegation battle?

If you appointed guardiola are you trying to tell me people would cut him slack because he's never been in a relegation battle?
If we appointed Guardiola with 3 months of the season, I wouldn't expect he'd be able to get us out of this mess just because he's won trophies at Barcelona/Bayern etc.

It's no different with Hiddink. It takes nothing away from his career but he hasn't had this challenge before - it's not a given he could just get it done due to 'who he is'.

If we appointed Guardiola with 3 months of the season, I wouldn't expect he'd be able to get us out of this mess just because he's won trophies at Barcelona/Bayern etc.

It's no different with Hiddink. It takes nothing away from his career but he hasn't had this challenge before - it's not a given he could just get it done due to 'who he is'.
You might not but plenty would. You still have a dozen games and only need maybe 3-4 wins.

You might not but plenty would. You still have a dozen games and only need maybe 3-4 wins.
Plenty would expect someone to come in (with little experience at managing clubs at that end of the table) and basically do a 180 in form?

That's like asking Alan Pardew/Sam Allardyce/Tony Pulis to take over Arsenal right now and challenge for the title. Sure they'd give it a go but they don't have the right experience for the objectives.

You might be absolutely right, Hiddink could come in and get us there. There is the alternative though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty would expect someone to come in (with little experience at managing clubs at that end of the table) and basically do a 180 in form?

That's like asking Alan Pardew/Sam Allardyce/Tony Pulis to take over Arsenal right now and challenge for the title. Sure they'd give it a go but they don't have the right experience for the objectives.

You might be absolutely right, Hiddink could come in and get us there. There is the alternative though.

:drunk: That's not comparable at all. If you want to make a comparison it'd be people would expect Allardyce to go to Arsenal and not score many goals, Pardew to go to Chelsea and do amazingly for 6 months then collapse, etc.

People would expect managers of a high calibre to go to a club and get them to win games.

I don't absolutely hate the idea. I'd prefer someone else but he was decent at WBA wasn't he?

More than decent, he was very good, same as at Fulham. Think Liverpool was the meat in that sandwich that everyone dwells on.

He took over WBA with them basically in the relegation zone and got them to 11th. Took them to 10th the following season which I think included big wins over Liverpool and others.

Oh yeah, he'll work fine... just as long as he doesn't put Vardy on the wing.

I think Woy gave first crack with Vards in the first place, so it'll be interesting to see how things go without the 'FA club' pressure.

Hodgson is a mid-table manager. That's why he's failed at every big job he's had but is liked by fans of teams like Fulham and West Brom.

Doesn't matter if he's manager of Man City or Sunderland, he'll probably finish mid table. That's just what he is, and for some clubs that's good. I guess it depends on what Leicester's long term ambitions are but in the immediate term he'd probably keep them up.

He really is a piece of s**t as a person though. You only have to look at his pathetic press conference after the Euros to see that. You really couldn't get two more opposite people than Ranieri and that campaigner.

From winning the league to Hodgson, topsy turvy ride for the Foxes, at least they won't get dropped now, if there's one thing Hodgson can do

Ranieri gets backstabbed as the nicest bloke but watch everyone submit to the campaignerery of Hodgson

Hodgson always find one flair player he'd throw under the bus when he first joined a club though, he did it with Odemwingie at WBA and Agger for us, my guess is him and Riyad Mahrez ain't gonna get along too well

Last edited:
Hodgson is a mid-table manager. That's why he's failed at every big job he's had but is liked by fans of teams like Fulham and West Brom.
You would think he would be liked by Liverpool fans as well then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back