Josh Poulter's 2017 Big Board and Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Brookes is a major smokey too, word is spreading quickly about someone who played mostly 18.5s in the EDFL last year.
Brookes didn't makes the Cannons squad last year, so he played all year in EDFL. He did do some testing with the cannons last year. He did the 20m sprint in 2.70 sec and the running verticle leap of 99cm. Check your AFL combine records to see how he compares. Had a deep cork two weeks before the recent testing, he still ran a 2.91 for the 20m. He was the only bottom age player in the EDFL U18's rep side to play last year. He kicked around 50 goals for his club in all games and made his senior debut in Premier Division.

Brookes didn't makes the Cannons squad last year, so he played all year in EDFL. He did do some testing with the cannons last year. He did the 20m sprint in 2.70 sec and the running verticle leap of 99cm. Check your AFL combine records to see how he compares. Had a deep cork two weeks before the recent testing, he still ran a 2.91 for the 20m. He was the only bottom age player in the EDFL U18's rep side to play last year. He kicked around 50 goals for his club in all games and made his senior debut in Premier Division.

Yeh I know all this!! Just making the point that yeh he didn't play any Cannons last year, yet talk keeps growing about him. But appreciate the info, shows people a bit of background on him because he's 100% one to watch

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeh I know all this!! Just making the point that yeh he didn't play any Cannons last year, yet talk keeps growing about him. But appreciate the info, shows people a bit of background on him because he's 100% one to watch

Totally agree with you. I was talking to his dad a few weeks ago and I was asking about him. He won a national bronze medal for high jump at 12 and his PB for 100m at 15 ranked him numer 5 in Australia for that age.
He showed me a photo of him leaping for a mark just after he turned 15. He was on the shoulders of a boy that was 195cm tall. Majak Daws leap had nothing on this.

Totally agree with you. I was talking to his dad a few weeks ago and I was asking about him. He won a national bronze medal for high jump at 12 and his PB for 100m at 15 ranked him numer 5 in Australia for that age.
He showed me a photo of him leaping for a mark just after he turned 15. He was on the shoulders of a boy that was 195cm tall. Majak Daws leap had nothing on this.
wish i could see that photo but i know about his track & field prowess from his younger days!
genuine x-factor, missed his debut on friday night but hope to see him in the coming weeks if a Cannons game falls in my availabilty.

wish i could see that photo but i know about his track & field prowess from his younger days!
genuine x-factor, missed his debut on friday night but hope to see him in the coming weeks if a Cannons game falls in my availabilty.
Seems the Cannons played him as a back flanker. Interesting as he has always played mid and forward. He reads the play well. Did let his man get too far away on occasions.

If I see his dad I'll see if I can get a copy of it or can he send it directly to you? Maybe he can put it up here himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any change of saying your best 5 early look kpp and rough gestimate of where their talent would land them? (not including academy and fs selections). Pies are looking bottom 5 this year....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just reading this again. What are people saying about him? Cannons have decided to play him in defence and it seems he is doing a great job getting in the cannons BOG count for his last game. Did you see the photo of his leap?

Just reading this again. What are people saying about him? Cannons have decided to play him in defence and it seems he is doing a great job getting in the cannons BOG count for his last game. Did you see the photo of his leap?

The way the Cannons are travelling, you'd want to be playing in their backline if you're hoping to get drafted.

Finished 8th and got smacked by 100points in their only final in 2016, and got 3 players total in the national/rookie drafts.

At this stage they aren't shaping up as being capable of greater things as a unit than last year, so it may be slim pickings at the Cannons once again come October/November.

Enough posting about Brooke's.
He is a decent athlete who was ok last week in a shite side.
Has a fair way to go to come under recruiters notice IMO.

Because he is worth talking about I think

Probably needs to kick some goals in a side which wins some games in order to start a conversation here.

At this rate, Calder will be lucky to get anyone other than Balta drafted this season.

They're a pretty ordinary outfit don't you think?

Probably needs to kick some goals in a side which wins some games in order to start a conversation here.

At this rate, Calder will be lucky to get anyone other than Balta drafted this season.

They're a pretty ordinary outfit don't you think?
It's hard when he is being played in defence. He was named in the side for the weekend but did not play. Injured in the warm up.
But yes I agree with you. On paper they look good. They have no drive out of the middle and teams are getting the ball down to their forwards way too easy.

Hey Poulter, where do you see Lions academy player Jack Clayton being taken at this stage?

What do you consider his strengths, deficiencies?

Looking forward to following your write-ups the rest of the season, cheers mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back