Adelaide vs GWS Giants - AFL 2017, R1 - 2:50 @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully now people can stop claiming gws are a sure thing for the flag. Never in my history of watching the game has a team been hyped to win flag like gws.

Dons for finals ? They just added themselves to a huge list of contenders this week. Ess, Port, Collingwood, St Kilda, Hawthorn, Geelong, Melbourne, Fremantle, Richmond,

I assume these make it
W.B
SYD
Adel
W.C

Going to be probably one of the closest years we have seen in eveness of the competition

GWS might not have worked as hard as they should have in the off season. Expect it to happen perhaps they have been ordinary all day! For a flag favourite this is not an impressive first up display against an undermanned Adelaide.

Not writing them off of course they will be there when it counts I'm sure
They're missing some decent players too; whitfield, coniglio, deledio. Adelaide clearly better though. You don't lose by 10 goals and have a pretty even match with the opposition. They dropped their heads which was poor.

GWS might not have worked as hard as they should have in the off season. Expect it to happen perhaps they have been ordinary all day! For a flag favourite this is not an impressive first up display against an undermanned Adelaide.

Not writing them off of course they will be there when it counts I'm sure
They're missing some decent players too; whitfield, coniglio, deledio. Adelaide clearly better though. You don't lose by 10 goals and have a pretty even match with the opposition. They dropped their heads which was poor.

Can you expect anything else from a team that has been gifted everything and haven't had to work as hard as others to get success?

Dons for finals ? They just added themselves to a huge list of contenders this week. Ess, Port, Collingwood, St Kilda, Hawthorn, Geelong, Melbourne, Fremantle, Richmond,

I assume these make it
W.B
SYD
Adel
W.C

Going to be probably one of the closest years we have seen in eveness of the competition
like to see us go 3-0 first and know we have some consistency in efforts across every week.
though not liking the idea of going to SA to face this adelaide team.

I assume these make it
W.B
SYD
Adel
W.C

Dons for finals would be a great result but I'm just happy for the team to improve through out the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sick game, Adelaide have to be proud of that one.

Seems like Gws may be developing a bit of an ego problem, Devon Smith seems like a total figjam, then they have Stevie j as their senior figure, another toxic character, Jeremy Cameron seems pretty disconnected from reality at this point too. Too many egos in one place. So much talent though, some of those goals were unreal

Definately I just thought what Adelaide had out the side is much more important than what GWS was missing today coniglio is a big piece. Deliedio never suited up for them and Whitfield you bring in a no.2 draft pick Taranto.

So I don't see a lot of excuses for them I mean Tex the skipper lever plays Key defence and crouch and Thompson play on ball.

Yeah they didn't handle the road and perhaps coming off a longer finals series the extra conditioning Adelaide has from pre season is shining through.

As I thought Sydney were off the boil against port as well which was unusual the dogs just got the job done v pies.

the chip on dogs' supporters shoulders when it comes to GWS.

lol wow look at the bombers fans up and about now

It's a pretty simple footy rule even in local leagues. You find that teams based on money or advantages that haven't had to work as hard as others do fall away badly when they are getting beaten easy.

Dons for finals would be a great result but I'm just happy for the team to improve through out the year.
Hope to see you guys make it after such a difficult few years. Essendon definitely the big unknown but I reckon some of your players improvement was massively expedited being thrown in the deep end last year so in the long run that can be quite beneficial.

like to see us go 3-0 first and know we have some consistency in efforts across every week.
though not liking the idea of going to SA to face this adelaide team.

That's a tough road trip but if you can get that run and spread going anything is possible as we saw this week.

Definately I just thought what Adelaide had out the side is much more important than what GWS was missing today coniglio is a big piece. Deliedio never suited up for them and Whitfield you bring in a no.2 draft pick Taranto.

So I don't see a lot of excuses for them I mean Tex the skipper lever plays Key defence and crouch and Thompson play on ball.

Yeah they didn't handle the road and perhaps coming off a longer finals series the extra conditioning Adelaide has from pre season is shining through.

As I thought Sydney were off the boil against port as well which was unusual the dogs just got the job done v pies.
To be honest Thompson is more of a liability these days and should have been retired. I've always loved him and how professional he is but there does come a time, other sides dont watch all our games so probably don't realise that he's struggled for a while. I think both sides missed a lot today so it's probably evened up by that. Absolutely stoked at our every time they got a goal or two we just responded time and time again.

Embarrassing effort from the flag faves

To be honest Thompson is more of a liability these days and should have been retired. I've always loved him and how professional he is but there does come a time, other sides dont watch all our games so probably don't realise that he's struggled for a while. I think both sides missed a lot today so it's probably evened up by that. Absolutely stoked at our every time they got a goal or two we just responded time and time again.

Possibly I watch quite a lot of Adelaide and your a relatively young side so never write off a very good veteran. Sometimes their value isn't seen on the stats sheet how they organise players around stoppages and defend. So I can definately see a place for him but its no guarantee he is best 22 looking at that extra leg speed on display today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back