List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I am as keen as the next person to change the list a bit.
On further research I would like to see 11 more games out of Dawson and 6 more out of D Pearce. I am not keen enough to want to see 49 out of Griffen.

Why 11 and 6 games exactly? I'm impressed with your specificity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any opinions on Taylor Duryea as an unrestricted FA? Rebounding small defender who is about 26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not good enough to be playing for the Hawks at the moment. also we have a lot of half backs in the team at the moment, we just need to back their development

Additionally in the off chance someone takes Suban or Ibbo off us in the FA period I wouldn't want to lose out on compensation for Duryea

Not good enough to be playing for the Hawks at the moment. also we have a lot of half backs in the team at the moment, we just need to back their development

Additionally in the off chance someone takes Suban or Ibbo off us in the FA period I wouldn't want to lose out on compensation for Duryea
Only Collingwood will offer a deal big enough to get compensation

What is Cameron Loersch like? Ex WA. 203cms. Out of contract. Forward/Ruck. Suns rookie list. Done nothing so far, but anyone rate his potential?
I remember wanting us to draft him... rookie at least.

So does anyone think that Ballas will be offered a contract in 2018? Could be a small exodus of senior
players, with many kids already stepping up.

I was happy enough to see him out the door this year. Don't expect the club to be keeping him on 2018 at 30 with the kids we have coming through. Time to move on.

I was looking at all of our players out of contract this season... There's a lot of kids still yet to sign.

Priority #1: Fyfe
Priority #2: Tucker, Langdon, Blakely, Balic, Grey, Croz, Sandi, Mundy
Priority #3: Sheridan, Collins

I was looking at all of our players out of contract this season... There's a lot of kids still yet to sign.

Priority #1: Fyfe
Priority #2: Tucker, Langdon, Blakely, Balic, Grey, Croz, Sandi, Mundy
Priority #3: Sheridan, Collins
A lot compared to other years? Or are you just looking at the list and thinking that's a lot?

Reality is that players can move more easily now, contracts mean less than they used to, and loyalty is a concept rather than an actual value for most players and the clubs.

With the non-WA players on that list you just have to hope that they are appreciating the opportunity they have here, are bonding together with every game they get, and that the club is looking after them really well. There is no doubt that the agents and opposition clubs will ask about them, just as we asked about McCarthey and Hamling and Hill and Kersten.

A lot compared to other years? Or are you just looking at the list and thinking that's a lot?

Reality is that players can move more easily now, contracts mean less than they used to, and loyalty is a concept rather than an actual value for most players and the clubs.

With the non-WA players on that list you just have to hope that they are appreciating the opportunity they have here, are bonding together with every game they get, and that the club is looking after them really well. There is no doubt that the agents and opposition clubs will ask about them, just as we asked about McCarthey and Hamling and Hill and Kersten.
I had a look at the list and it's mainly the non-WA kids i'm worried about that might request a trade back home. We are at the start of a rebuild and they are an important part of the foundation. If we only get picks back, that sets us back another two years development wise.

Another thing i'm worried about is that A Pearce looks at his setback as well as Bennell and Clarke's and he thinks our medical team have stuffed him around and request a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a look at the list and it's mainly the non-WA kids i'm worried about that might request a trade back home. We are at the start of a rebuild and they are an important part of the foundation. If we only get picks back, that sets us back another two years development wise.

Another thing i'm worried about is that A Pearce looks at his setback as well as Bennell and Clarke's and he thinks our medical team have stuffed him around and request a trade.
For sure. In an ideal world, IF anyone wants to go home, the trades are used to obtain JJ, English etc. But I think we won every single trade over the last off-season and it does seem to be that the destination club mostly comes out on top these days.

Where does the news leave Clarke and Griffin. It'd be a big move to cut both in the same off season unless we can bring someone across via trade. Maybe we delist both and put one on the rookie list next year? I do think we need more than just Sandilands, Darcy and part timers as potential rucks though.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well clearly we do need another ruck, but I hope they don't continue with either Griffin or Clarke. Neither really have development left in them. They take up development opportunity at Peel as well. We need Darcy getting that game time, especially next season, and he and Sandilands can form the ruck brigade for 2018.

With Apeness and Strnadica we don't lack anything in terms of 2nd ruck prospects, and in an emergency they may need to step up. I also think we need to push Taberner in this direction, with the goal to be better than MJ, which should be achievable.

Get another project ruck in is my preferred recruiting, ideally someone already lurking on someone else's list. Preferably really mobile to contrast with Darcy's beefcake.

Yeah i'd be worried if we were 0-4 but I reckon we're looking pretty solid here even if we end up in the bottom 6-8 teams or so. Crozier and Sheridan are certainties to sign I think. Tucker, Langdon and Balic less so but I think if all are solidly best 22 by mid year we'll see a few re-sign.

If Z.Clarke manages to get back and/ or receives a positive medical I wouldn't be against moving him to the Rookie List. We need to really look at recruiting a mid 20 year old mature aged ruckman to help Sandi next year and then help the youngsters the year after.

Big Griffin needs to be moved to St Ives FC. We had DeBoer/Mzungu move GWS. I think we will have a few move to this historical old club. MJ has come good thank goodness but I expect him to retire along with Griffin & Dawson at end of the current season.

Langdon and Balic will be the hardest to retain IMO. Both seem to have significant pull to go home.

Langdon is the boy most likely to leave, would be sad to see him go but mostly because I think Collingwood may be difficult to deal with - in terms of draft picks we wouldn't get anywhere near their 1st pick (currently 6) but then we're looking at a pick in the 40's or a middle of the road player ......I'd love to sign him.

Just get a cheap ruck or ruck/forward who can step up to the no.1 spot if required IMO. Agree Griffin and Clarke should be gone but it'd be a big move without first bringing in someone from another club which would be extremely difficult with Sandilands still around. A young WA ruck could be our best shot at it but unfortunately that'd be very slim pickings indeed. English and Cameron won't be available this year unless we massively overpay whilst the other options are certainly a step down from these guys and might not be much better than Clarke or Griffin.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Langdon is the boy most likely to leave, would be sad to see him go but mostly because I think Collingwood may be difficult to deal with - in terms of draft picks we wouldn't get anywhere near their 1st pick (currently 6) but then we're looking at a pick in the 40's or a middle of the road player ......I'd love to sign him.

Agree, Langdons pace and willingness to chase and tackle is really helping the game plan ATM and he would be a big loss given he is still developing. Collingwood - with the exception of Mayne which was just FA compensation have historically screwed us over as well - Clement, Tarrant. Medhurst was mostly our stupidity. We need the young non WA players like Langdon, Balic, Tucker, Crozier, Weller to form a pact to take the club towards the next tilt like one between Pavlich, Longmuir, Haselby and Brown formed the original basis for turning the club into a competitive force and finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back