The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Port easily. Carlton too inexperienced.
We were one inexperienced player too many the week before and then lost two others to "soreness" this week. I'm just glad it wasn't 100 whilst also saw a few good things from this last batch of draftees.

Problem is players with less than 40-50 games experience won't do it for four quarters. Last night 12/22 fall under that category. You just can't have that many imo. Max 8-9 out of the 22 can be carried through the game while they get experience

Jatz jd2010 , Gibbs should play 70% forward. Thoughts? I honestly feel we wouldnt lose anything by playing him more froward than mid, and it allows some younger players to get more time in the guts. Our 3 "guns", cripps, murph and gibbs at once is too slow. Gibbs is a classy player and a good set shot. Bit of leadership up forward to. I think it could work, although I dont think Bryce would like it.

We just need more options up forward and this could be an option

Jatz jd2010 , Gibbs should play 70% forward. Thoughts? I honestly feel we wouldnt lose anything by playing him more froward than mid, and it allows some younger players to get more time in the guts. Our 3 "guns", cripps, murph and gibbs at once is too slow. Gibbs is a classy player and a good set shot. Bit of leadership up forward to. I think it could work, although I dont think Bryce would like it.

We just need more options up forward and this could be an option
He has never really played there so not sure how it'd go. Lovely kick for goal so it makes sense. Personally I think we are already light on for midfielders anyway so wouldn't weaken it further.

We just need more pace added to it which guys like SPS, Polson and Fisher all do bring but not just yet. 15-20 games into that trio this year + get Cunningham back in for the similar amount, trade Gibbs end of the year if Adelaide are still keen & draft another 2 mids in our first 3 picks which will be in the top 25. Suddenly the slow midfield that runs about 4-5 deep 7-8 options and some work genuine pace too!

He has never really played there so not sure how it'd go. Lovely kick for goal so it makes sense. Personally I think we are already light on for midfielders anyway so wouldn't weaken it further.

We just need more pace added to it which guys like SPS, Polson and Fisher all do bring but not just yet. 15-20 games into that trio this year + get Cunningham back in for the similar amount, trade Gibbs end of the year if Adelaide are still keen & draft another 2 mids in our first 3 picks which will be in the top 25. Suddenly the slow midfield that runs about 4-5 deep 7-8 options and some work genuine pace too!
I also reckon Williamson should have some mid time. Taller body, good side step, and left footed. Only concern is the younger guys lack endurance. More Charlie in the midfield too. Looked good last night

I also reckon Williamson should have some mid time. Taller body, good side step, and left footed. Only concern is the younger guys lack endurance. More Charlie in the midfield too. Looked good last night
It'll take these guys 40-50 games before we can rely on them week in week out. Agree on Williamson too. His combine test results were off the charts

It'll take these guys 40-50 games before we can rely on them week in week out. Agree on Williamson too. His combine test results were off the charts
Yeah, they are way to young to expect instant results, we doing things right so far imo. Just feel like Gibbs up forward could really help us kick some winning scores, or just more scores

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back