Fox Footy Social Media blunder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is everyone suggesting autocorrect as the culprit? You really think a big media organisation is scheduling posts from their iPhone?

And for those who think it was meant to be "tagger" and Fox are trying to save face, it was a direct quote from I believe Ricciuto who said he wanted him to be a "niggler" this weekend. FYI when I just went to type "niggler" then, it wanted to autocorrect to "boggled"
Mac computers have autocorrect too.

And not all devices autocorrect the same. I just typed in "niggler" and it wanted to change it to "nighter".

Autocorrect has caused a lot more harm than good over the years. What's more likely to cause misunderstanding or embarrassment - a slightly misspelled word or the wrong bloody word?

I don't think facebook autocorrects anything to 'fellow'

Why is everyone suggesting autocorrect as the culprit? You really think a big media organisation is scheduling posts from their iPhone?

And for those who think it was meant to be "tagger" and Fox are trying to save face, it was a direct quote from I believe Ricciuto who said he wanted him to be a "niggler" this weekend. FYI when I just went to type "niggler" then, it wanted to autocorrect to "boggled"
yes 'niggler' wouldn't have been in the dictionary so the writer would have expected a red line under the word so probably just ignored it when proof reading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely people aren't stupid enough to not realise they just missed a letter when typing, yeah?

LOL. Can just imagine their talking paperclip.

Indigen- Did you mean Abo?
Musl- Did you mean terrorist?

It looks like you're trying to divide a community, would you like some help with that?

Whose autocorrect corrects a word to n*gger?

I know my phone (Galaxy S7) is forever being a 'shut can't' changing what I type, but I'm yet to have it suggest profanity or racial slurs.

Probably not auto correct

I'd expect they just made a typo when trying to type "niggler" and didn't proof read it.

Surely people aren't stupid enough to not realise they just missed a letter when typing, yeah?
Apparently. Was a line from either David king or nick dalsanto surprised someone hasn't gone and found the clip. The tweet is based off what happened in the show.

It's definitely not autocorrect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back