Recruiting Trade & Free Agency IV - hypotheticals etc. (Continued in Part V)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn't that mean they get Zaka AND a reasonable (2nd-3rd) pick for jones?
No thanks, Not at that price
If they're going to get Zaharakis it'll be for north of 600k (given Norf are apparently offering similar) and end up being an end of 1st round IMO.

They need outside run, I don't see why they wouldn't be interested.
Why trade for a player when you can get him for free?

I was under the impression that Zac may be forced out of Sydney due to salary cap constraints.

Not sure why they would replace him with Zaka who is a worse player, older and more expensive!

If they're going to get Zaharakis it'll be for north of 600k (given Norf are apparently offering similar) and end up being an end of 1st round IMO.
If Sydney are forcing guys out due to salary pressure, no way they sign Zaka for 600k. Signing jones up for 60% of that would be a better deal for them

And still, trading that pick for jones would mean jones for Zaka and a first rounder.

Again. Pass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Sydney are forcing guys out due to salary pressure, no way they sign Zaka for 600k. Signing jones up for 60% of that would be a better deal for them

And still, trading that pick for jones would mean jones for Zaka and a first rounder.

Again. Pass.
My point being; if they wanted Zaharakis they'd have to offer him similar money to Norf.

Love the idea of Zac Jones. We've really missed Hibberd this year and I can see him playing a similar role in the backline.
Got a real bit of mongrel about him.

What compo would we get for Zaka?

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk
Depends on how much coin, contract length etc.

If it's 650k x4 it'll be band 2 (pick 19).

Is someone seriously giving him thah much money? He's a soft down hill skier. I'd be very surprised
I disagree but anyway, I read somewhere that Norf are offering that.

I disagree but anyway, I read somewhere that Norf are offering that.
I'd be all over letting him walk if the season finished tomorrow, Zaha is 27? Scope for improvement is pretty much gone. Hasn't been able to build on a career year from last season. See where he ends up at the end of the year. If we want to make serious Improvements to our list you have to make calls on guys like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back