List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we're making a play for a young kpf from lions or gc, they both have a ton of em

We take the next best available? Much better outcome than Schache on $700k and for a top 5 pick.

Fair enough, but if we can snare some more wins we might rise up the ladder to a pick 8-10, the next best available tall might not be one we rate that high after some go earlier. It's our own fault for leaving the list in the position that we potentially foregone a better first round talent to fill a list hole. I actually disagree with going for Schache as well, but at least we guarantee a tall forward we rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wut?

explain the joke thanks.

Are you saying all our players are short?
In the old days Collingwood would say a player was 6 feet tall when they were say 5'11" or 5'10" which gave rise to a Collingwood 6 footer.

It might even be true but likely was a nice spin in some media and stuck....

Draft best key forward.
The end!

Interesting new development...

But there will be a major change to the rookie list provisions next season that will allow Category-A rookies to be available for senior selection from Round 1.

Previously Category-A rookies have been forced to wait until a serious injury or other list vacancy to be promoted, but those restrictions will be removed for 2018, giving clubs greater flexibility to promote fringe players.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/00c588b10a7019172d956967259d16a0

And also a quick note on Schache...

Richmond, Collingwood and Carlton are all circling the Seymour goalkicker, while North Melbourne and Melbourne have also been linked to Schache.

How can we decide on Shache when we don't know our Picks?
I think the first step is to get the player to agree to come. Then worry about how we complete the trade. I'm with the majority though. If we have a top 5 pick, we must use it in the draft

I don't get all the hate for Shache. He is a perfect fit for our list, no doubt recruiting guys like Wells the recruiters are looking to win a flag short term and trading for Shache over going to the draft speeds up the process by two years. Everyone here would have jumped at the prospect of getting him last year. The first half of last year he showed what he can do yes he burnt out towards the end of the season and then had an interrupted pre-season that has hampered him this year but the guy will be a quality player

I don't get all the hate for Shache. He is a perfect fit for our list, no doubt recruiting guys like Wells the recruiters are looking to win a flag short term and trading for Shache over going to the draft speeds up the process by two years. Everyone here would have jumped at the prospect of getting him last year. The first half of last year he showed what he can do yes he burnt out towards the end of the season and then had an interrupted pre-season that has hampered him this year but the guy will be a quality player
I don't think it's hate at all.
It's more a preference. Do we use our probable TOP 5 pick on him (plus more?) or do we simply use our 1st round pick to draft the best KPF available?
It's a fair point to raise.
Every time you trade in a player you tend to overpay. Brisbane will ask for 2 first round picks...but settle on something less.

Wonder if Josh Bruce is gettable?

Think this was skipped over in all the Schache talk.

Interesting to see him dropped. You'd think there may be a chance if Riewoldt plays on as they look to struggle to play the 3 talls and Membrey. He may be gettable and wouldn't cost a 1st rounder plus some like Schache.

If we could get Bruce and a KPF with our 1st rounder for something along the lines of what Schache costs us I'd prefer the former.

Why bother with Schache. We are going to have a high draft pick, just use that to pick up a guy in the draft.
All he is at the moment is potential, we can get potential for free in the draft.
If he was a proven like Lynch or Cameron then sure, go hard, but he isn't.

Agree. We are not in a premiership window, so lets start again draft a spine .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back