Votes: 5 3.6%
  • No, he is awesome

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prove it!
I vividly recall being asked if the Caddy/Riewoldt decision was wrong, to which I said YES! And then went on to say the umpires had missed as Freo
goal and awarded it a point - thus the Caddy/Riewoldt decision that plenty of people on here (maybe even you) said cost us the game didn't, as two goals - one for each side - were disallowed. Pretty simple. But go on, make it up some more.

Why would I 'harp' as you call it about a missed goal if I wouldn't defend the other, there would be no point.
Put simply, you are wrong! As you were yesterday about me, but don't have the balls or decency to apologise and keep getting on your usual high horse and continue to preach to us like God.

Prove it?

WTF are you 12? Lol

Mate you can keep personally attacking my character, thats fine but anyone can read your posts in the freo thread that backs up what i have said, you just cant admit it.

Congrats being the first person to compare me to god btw. That must be your media skills kicking in lol

disagree with you on this at the end it was less than the disallowed goal, I know people will say we played like s**t didn't deserve to win, but in hindsight they were poor in the last quarter as well so maybe they didn't deserve to win either,

the game goes for4 quarters, the goal or non goal came just on 3/4 time and one team would have gained momentum, I also have a problem with the massive free kick differentials across the competition given the closeness of the competition, it is easy for a group to affect outcomes. whether this is cheating or corruption I will let you decide this, suffice to say that the AFL is not about completion but about money, and the AFL has shown in the past that it can and will look the other way, when there is even the slightest hint of impropriety,

there needs to be an independent look at gambling on the game and when I say independent I don't mean the AFL independent investigation team , like we had that certain tribunal.

Momentum was crucial .. but so too was the Freo goal.
It is hard to say fort certain what would have happened. Freo for sure would have been another five points up at half time and further in front late in the third. may have broken the back by then.
Did our last quarter performance appear to be derailed by the momentum of that decision? No. We kicked the first five goals and played our only decent quarter of the day contrary top a goal being disallowed - a goal that I have repeatedly stated, contrary to one righteous and holier than though poster thoughts, that should have been allowed and was a clear mistake.

Prove it?

WTF are you 12? Lol

Mate you can keep personally attacking my character, thats fine but anyone can read your posts in the freo thread that backs up what i have said, you just cant admit it.

Congrats being the first person to compare me to god btw. That must be your media skills kicking in lol

Well God, some would think making accusations about people is worthy of 12-year-old behaviour status!
Even though it;s something you do often with base?
Again the Caddy/Riewoldt decision was WRONG .... like the Brady Grey goal was wrong.
This is the gospel according to Tiger71 ;) AMEN! o_O

Troy Pannell - Was he the umpire that gave Joel Bowden a second shot at goal after he kicked a goal against Brisbane at Etihad ? That's the last time I remember a game where we clearly had the rub of the green for 4 quarters. Stevic was excellent last week. The rest of them - unnoticed. They have gone about their job without fuss, or being involved in contentious decisions over a 4 week period. Granted I don't watch many games other than Tiger's matches. I did watch the Geelong VS Port game and was unimpressed with the non frees to Port.

Exactly ... you watch one team's games and discount 95% of others. What is Curtis Deboy or anyone was exceptional six weeks ago?

To be fair the subject up for discussion in the OP is what started it all anyway.
And it was actually posed as a question.
People need to stop throwing grenades.
And curtain boy or whatever his name is, is a complete campaignerface!
He's not a cheat though... just a naughty little boy would made a few bad decisions.

Well God, some would think making accusations about people is worthy of 12-year-old behaviour status!
Even though it;s something you do often with base?
Again the Caddy/Riewoldt decision was WRONG .... like the Brady Grey goal was wrong.
This is the gospel according to Tiger71 ;) AMEN! o_O

Haha.

You are a piece of work lol. Accusations? Please, i just brought your attention to your doubble standards and you then personally attack my character and compare me to god even.

Thanks for the laughs dust

Momentum was crucial .. but so too was the Freo goal.
It is hard to say fort certain what would have happened. Freo for sure would have been another five points up at half time and further in front late in the third. may have broken the back by then.
Did our last quarter performance appear to be derailed by the momentum of that decision? No. We kicked the first five goals and played our only decent quarter of the day contrary top a goal being disallowed - a goal that I have repeatedly stated, contrary to one righteous and holier than though poster thoughts, that should have been allowed and was a clear mistake.

youre probably correct my stance I guess is im concerned about where the game is heading , my belief is that there is gambling on results and I reckon it need a clean investigation

So buddy, let me ask.
When you take your kids to football on a Sunday, or cricket on a Saturday, you're okay with them slagging off at the umpires, calling them names and accusing them of being cheats and attributing losses to them?
It doesn't matter if it's AFL, NFL, Premier League soccer, or Essendon District reserves, or Loddon Valley league under 15s, umpires and officials need to be accorded a decent level of respect - and any decent coach, including AFL ones, will tell you the same.
I bet - no, I know - you are the type of father who teaches and expects your kids to show respect to umpires and respect their decision.
And truth be told .... I bet the majority on here would do likewise (with a few exceptions).
But away from the mundane of teenage or lower level sport and thrust into the mob mentality of the big leagues, we are okay with villifying umpires and accusing them of being corrupt. A fine example to set (though I know you don't do this).
One must ask the question why is umpire bashing so readily accepted, yet any criticism - be it small - of higher paid footballers and coaches is not?
But I'm happy for the majority here to head down to their local ground on Sunday at Camberwell, Bentleigh, Morwell, Myrtleford wherever and stand in the outer and abuse the bloke giving officiating a go.
What's the alternative? No umpires.
Check the stats on the numbers of umpires leaving the game and ask why they are?
We have a long way to go and this thread just proves it!

Rightly or wrongly historically umpires in all sports cop it. And while i do preach the respect the officials mantra, when it is a poor decision, they should be held accountable for it. A lot of frustration that has built up is due to no accountability from the AFL on these issues. What we get is PC world corporate spin which treats us as idiots when in fact most of us are not and it's just plain insulting.
And think about this, those poor calls by one certain umpire in particular may have implications on Hardwicks job at the end of the year, so they are important decisions.
What i find amusing is we have an all bets are off slagging off on Hardwick and that's ok for some posters, but heaven forbid we criticise another aspect of the AFL i.e.: umpires. You can't have it both ways.

No one said the job was easy, but like any other paying job, there is a level of expectation that you are at least proficient in what you do, just because you're an umpire does not shield you from criticism.
I agree they shouldn't be shielded from criticism. Constructive criticism is essential for improvement but this thread doesn't even remotely resemble anything constructive.

Seems umps are held to a higher account than the much more highly paid players if this thread is anything to go by. Anyway, I've said my peice. I'll let everyone get back to it.

I agree they shouldn't be shielded from criticism. Constructive criticism is essential for improvement but this thread doesn't even remotely resemble anything constructive.

Seems umps are held to a higher account than the much more highly paid players if this thread is anything to go by. Anyway, I've said my peice. I'll let everyone get back to it.

Again report it if you have an issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly ... you watch one team's games and discount 95% of others. What is Curtis Deboy or anyone was exceptional six weeks ago?

Then start a thread on how good De Boy was 6 weeks ago.

Don't care what De Boy, Chamberlain, Stevic, Peter Cameron or Glenn James was doing 6 weeks ago or 6 months ago. None were involved in the three mistakes De Boy is being judged on (Bulldogs deliberate, Caddy goal and Short deliberate). The discussion is about one umpire, and his influence over the those games. One bad mistake in one game - we live with it. Two mistakes and there's a coincidence or a pattern starting. When preview threads for the third game mention the same umpire in question - and then it happens AGAIN.. Well we draw our own conclusions.

Do you think there would be a thread on him if they were not mistakes ? Lets just pick a random umpire and look for potential howlers.

We are long suffering Tiger supporters. No other club has the supporters they we do, for the limited success. All we ask is for a level playing field. Not this crap of being LAST in the number of free kicks paid. Or alternatively, the AFL line of Richmond "giving away" too many frees. We are not doing anything out of the ordinary. Some teams have a dream run almost every week.

Don't care what De Boy, Chamberlain, Stevic, Peter Cameron or Glenn James was doing 6 weeks ago or 6 months ago. None were involved in the three mistakes De Boy is being judged on (Bulldogs deliberate, Caddy goal and Short deliberate). The discussion is about one umpire, and his influence over the those games. One bad mistake in one game - we live with it. Two mistakes and there's a coincidence or a pattern starting. When preview threads for the third game mention the same umpire in question - and then it happens AGAIN.. Well we draw our own conclusions.

Do you think there would be a thread on him if they were not mistakes ? Lets just pick a random umpire and look for potential howlers.

We are long suffering Tiger supporters. No other club has the supporters they we do, for the limited success. All we ask is for a level playing field. Not this crap of being LAST in the number of free kicks paid. Or alternatively, the AFL line of Richmond "giving away" too many frees. We are not doing anything out of the ordinary. Some teams have a dream run almost every week.

Those three calls were infuriating but the one that put me over the edge was Titch's legit run down holding the ball tackle against freo that was paid too high. I mean W T F man! It went straight down the other end for a goal

Again report it if you have an issue
Was I talking to you? Sod off.

Because I have a differing opinion to the majority on here doesn't mean I don't have the right to post here.

If I took your first round of advice, I wouldn't even be able to see your post because you'd be on ignore so why bother replying to me?

You really get your knickers in a knot when someone takes an opposing view to you don't you? I was replying to another poster but you had to get involved anyway like you pretty much always do on here. Good job.

I'm off to footy training. I'll eagerly await your condescending reply when I return home.

Of the 3 decisions. 1 has caused a relaxation of an interpretation. The other pronounced as incorrect, the other i will bet my left nut leads to another relaxation of an interpretation. This thread is about Deboys previous 3 outings against the Tigers that have ALL drawn the attention of media, rule makers and the like. Maybe we are being harsh. Maybe he is just a trail blazer that is doing it for the betterment of the game.

Was I talking to you? Sod off.

Because I have a differing opinion to the majority on here doesn't mean I don't have the right to post here.

If I took your first round of advice, I wouldn't even be able to see your post because you'd be on ignore so why bother replying to me?

You really get your knickers in a knot when someone takes an opposing view to you don't you? I was replying to another poster but you had to get involved anyway like you pretty much always do on here. Good job.

I'm off to footy training. I'll eagerly await your condescending reply when I return home.

Lol - your sole contribution to this thread has to abuse very one who disagreed with you and to label their opinions offensive. I said you should report it, because thats what you are supposed to do on this forum

Instead, you rant and cry again.

I look forward to your next well thought out post about how we are all evil

Rightly or wrongly historically umpires in all sports cop it. And while i do preach the respect the officials mantra, when it is a poor decision, they should be held accountable for it. A lot of frustration that has built up is due to no accountability from the AFL on these issues. What we get is PC world corporate spin which treats us as idiots when in fact most of us are not and it's just plain insulting.
And think about this, those poor calls by one certain umpire in particular may have implications on Hardwicks job at the end of the year, so they are important decisions.
What i find amusing is we have an all bets are off slagging off on Hardwick and that's ok for some posters, but heaven forbid we criticise another aspect of the AFL i.e.: umpires. You can't have it both ways.

Hardwick is the biggest umpire sympathiser going, bar none! It's a good trait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back