Liverpool & Spurs

Remove this Banner Ad

wow didn't realise that the last time Spurs beat us was almost 5 years ago.
Yep

Brenda had it over us

I still don't get why we make you lot look a million bucks every time we play you guys, Redknapp knew how to beat you guys, not these guys since.

Kinda reminds me about the Dogs vs Carlton under Eade

The Dogs were the clear better team than them for every year of Eades reign except his last year there and Carlton regularly handed it to us for 3-4 years except for once in 2010. Similarly with Norf also, only in 2009-10 we had it over them, but every other year we shat the bed against them (normally in shootouts also).

Kinda reminds me about the Dogs vs Carlton under Eade

The Dogs were the clear better team than them for every year of Eades reign except his last year there and Carlton regularly handed it to us for 3-4 years except for once in 2010. Similarly with Norf also, only in 2009-10 we had it over them, but every other year we shat the bed against them (normally in shootouts also).
Dont think this translates as neither Spurs nor Liverpool is clearly better than the other. Both are very good sides. We're just better in the big games than your lot.

Dont think this translates as neither Spurs nor Liverpool is clearly better than the other. Both are very good sides. We're just better in the big games than your lot.
We go ok at home, not away

You've finished ahead of us once in the last 7 years Jodwah, see what happens end of the season

Liverpool are quite a long way behind us now both on and off the field. Being a London club gives us a huge advantage over them. The new stadium will see the gap increase

Spurs have only made the CL 3 times in that 15 years. We've made it 8 times in the last 15 years. Long way to go for them to catch up.
We've only finished outside of the top five once in this decade - and that was a sixth place finish. You are a long way behind us.

Also Spurs fans are delusional if they think a new stadium will see them grow into a club the size of Liverpool or Arsebal. There's going to be a period of reduced spending to accommodate the debt. Look at the history of most clubs who build a new stadium - they go backwards before they go forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why you going back 15 years? What ridiculous criteria you are setting
Scouser. Love talking about history.
Also Spurs fans are delusional if they think a new stadium will see them grow into a club the size of Liverpool or Arsebal. There's going to be a period of reduced spending to accommodate the debt. Look at the history of most clubs who build a new stadium - they go backwards before they go forwards.
This stupid argument again. Why are you so thick to not comprehend this already?
Reduced spending... HELLO. We're already not spending much. It's not going to reduce from here.

Snippet from last supporters trust meeting with the club:

• MG asked specifically about the impact of the stadium build on transfer dealings. Are these completely independent of any pressures on the stadium? DL stated that the stadium issues had no bearing on transfer dealings. But success on the field was obviously important, as always
MG is from the supporters trust. DL is Chairman Levy.
So maybe get it into your head already...

And I give zero shits. No difference between 2nd and 4th for me. :)

Well unless we lose that pesky qualifier haha. Which im sure we wont.

Exactly. Only 2 times have Spurs achieved more than Liverpool since 2010. We've also won a cup and been in multiple cup finals. 2nd in probably the strongest Europa League we will see in a long time.

Scouser. Love talking about history.

This stupid argument again. Why are you so thick to not comprehend this already?
Reduced spending... HELLO. We're already not spending much. It's not going to reduce from here.

Snippet from last supporters trust meeting with the club:

• MG asked specifically about the impact of the stadium build on transfer dealings. Are these completely independent of any pressures on the stadium? DL stated that the stadium issues had no bearing on transfer dealings. But success on the field was obviously important, as always
MG is from the supporters trust. DL is Chairman Levy.
So maybe get it into your head already...

You spent quite a bit last year. Most clubs who have built new stadiums have talked about it not affecting the team. History shows that generally is not the case.

You spent quite a bit last year. Most clubs who have built new stadiums have talked about it not affecting the team. History shows that generally is not the case.
One year in a coons age. Even then the net spend was low.
Only 28m which is +1m in the last 5 years so yeah the cries of reduced spending fall on deaf ears.

You have no clue what you're on about if you're expecting further reductions.

I can understand why Spurs fans want to try and create a faux rivalry with us.

They have finally overcome Arsenal after 20+ years and are now are moving up to a bigger fish. I applaud them for having ambition.
Untitled.jpg

I can understand why Spurs fans want to try and create a faux rivalry with us.

They have finally overcome Arsenal after 20+ years and are now are moving up to a bigger fish. I applaud them for having ambition.
View attachment 382376
That's a dreadful recent record we have against you. Yet you still only finished above us once in that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back