Mega Thread Potential future father-son selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Cousins barracked for us and would have come here ( goodness knows how that would have worked out with what we know know) but with the option to stay home..thats what he did.
On the influence of his father who is reported to have thought it would be better to stay at home. Who knows what would have happened if he had come to Geelong . Could not have been any worse than his current situation.

No it wasn't posted anywhere that he was round one, more just myself hoping and being wishful it would eventuate based on some positive reporting of his progress from earlier playing some quality football captaining the country side and doing well last year. There was some signs to think big from. It's just exciting to watch and follow their progress coming through hoping to find a real gem.

Remember going down with my old man(fanatical family bloodline of Geelong supporters) years ago to watch tomahawk play for Melbourne grammar. I never have and don't think I ever will again see such a dominate performance from a footballer in a match. We both where in awe of how good he was, every single kick in his area he just clunked vs often 2-3 players defending. Also back then he had a leap on him and was very happy to go for the big Jeremy Howe style pack marks, which have gone out of his game since his back issues, people tend to forget just how big a leap he naturally has.

Remember the raw excitement of us picking up a key forward with this much talent.

think we could use the buzz and excitement of another gun father son coming through our system, it's a little overdue. That excitement again come draft day for us.
I remember the same feeling watching Nathan Ablett play his first game in the 2s. We were awestruck by his natural ease at the playing the game

Remember going down with my old man(fanatical family bloodline of Geelong supporters) years ago to watch tomahawk play for Melbourne grammar. I never have and don't think I ever will again see such a dominate performance from a footballer in a match. We both where in awe of how good he was, every single kick in his area he just clunked vs often 2-3 players defending. Also back then he had a leap on him and was very happy to go for the big Jeremy Howe style pack marks, which have gone out of his game since his back issues, people tend to forget just how big a leap he naturally has.
So true. He's still an excellent player, but he was so much better in 2012 when he could clunk pack marks from everywhere. Now he's the best one-on-one mark in the league, but used to be so much better in a pack situation. He could have been the best CHF in the league.

So true. He's still an excellent player, but he was so much better in 2012 when he could clunk pack marks from everywhere. Now he's the best one-on-one mark in the league, but used to be so much better in a pack situation. He could have been the best CHF in the league.

He was a state winning high jumper at under 18 level. He has a huge vertical leap. I think his back issues may be why we haven't seen this since

No it wasn't posted anywhere that he was round one, more just myself hoping and being wishful it would eventuate based on some positive reporting of his progress from earlier playing some quality football captaining the country side and doing well last year. There was some signs to think big from. It's just exciting to watch and follow their progress coming through hoping to find a real gem.

Remember the raw excitement of us picking up a key forward with this much talent.

think we could use the buzz and excitement of another gun father son coming through our system, it's a little overdue. That excitement again come draft day for us.

Im sure I'd like , perhaps we would all like to have a FatherSon on the horizon like this kid playing champs this year...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-17/u18-bottomager-lukosius-stars-in-sas-big-win

A kid thats 194 at 16 staring in a year when he is too young to be drafted ... but they are rare. Getting selected for the champs next year will be a good start on the track that he is draftable.

Good to see Bailey Scott getting a mention...

Not sure how well we are placed for him to get to us given he's got 3 viable FS options - and we may be # 3...

Although GCS is not setting the world on fire, North is in full rebuild mode and we can't figure out what team we want to be.

And with Hocking, Brownless and Mensch all on the cards, maybe he's better off going for less competition.

Go Catters

Good to see Bailey Scott getting a mention...

Not sure how well we are placed for him to get to us given he's got 3 viable FS options - and we may be # 3...

Although GCS is not setting the world on fire, North is in full rebuild mode and we can't figure out what team we want to be.

And with Hocking, Brownless and Mensch all on the cards, maybe he's better off going for less competition.

Go Catters

What are the chances of young Buddah being a Cat given the family issues between Gary and Steve Hocking?

I really don't know.. but I thought things were a bit better between then over the last 2-3 years...

Hope it's all pit aside should Buddha jnr and the club want to work together

Go Catters

Not being in the champs as a bottom ager is not end game... R1? Where has it been said he was going that early.. I think I posted some time ago when I saw him that he was just a good ordinary.. probably closer to Bews in cost than a projected R1.. but wait till next year.. This years draft pool was supposed to be killer and now its ordinary ..yet next year is supposed to be killer. If it is , it may well be we get a bit of a bargain...
I've only been paying attention to the draft for about 5 years, but it seems to me that it's a perpetually moving case of "Next" years draft being another superdraft, and this years one being a little thin.

as I was saying a kid that standout when 16 would be handy as a FS... imagine if this kid was a FS someone...

Reminds me of GCS Tom Lynch...

The hype will build quickly and completely I feel..

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only been paying attention to the draft for about 5 years, but it seems to me that it's a perpetually moving case of "Next" years draft being another superdraft, and this years one being a little thin.

Just hypothesising, but could be that under 16 level the top bracket stand out a lot more and dominate at a much bigger margin than they will once they get to under 18's when things go up a notch at a faster pace and the clubs more professionally run.

Just a guess to this

Reminds me of GCS Tom Lynch...

The hype will build quickly and completely I feel..

GO Catters

Might do a knee sit out the year and get drafted to Geelong at pick 18.... nah I'm just dreaming here.

Selwood slipped through to us at pick 7, won't ever see that mistake again by recruiters. Still recall shifter Sheehan saying how he believes Joel Selwood before the draft should have been number one and was the best player. Said how he had much better figures than Marc Murphy as a bottom Aged player the year Murphy went no1.

Thank goodness for that leg, or he would be captain of Carlton right now

Cousins barracked for us and would have come here ( goodness knows how that would have worked out with what we know know) but with the option to stay home..thats what he did.
Sliding doors moments, would he be in the strife he is now had he avoided the drug culture of the eagles in his playing days.

A few games to go before he qualifies under todays rules.. Hope all is well and health for the Dangerfield's and young GPD

Imagine the 2030's, you could have Ablett Dangerfield Scarlett Enright Ling Taylor Mackie Wocjinski Milburn Ottens Chapman Johnson Hawkins Duncan etc all running around in the same side, imagine the melts from oppo supporters! (all we need is the Selwood to start having boys too).

The possibility to have Brownless Scott Hocking and Mensch next year is impressive but nowhere near as much as that!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back