Toast Potential milestones - 2023 edition.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was bored so decided to see which players could potentially play a milestone game during the upcoming season.

350 games
Tom Hawkins (needs another 23 games)

250 games
Mark Blicavs (needs another 23 games)
Cam Guthrie (needs another 20 games)

200 games
Rhys Stanley (needs another 17 games)
Gary Rohan (needs another 23 games)

150 games
Tom Stewart (needs another 24 games)

100 games
Tom Atkins (needs another 18 games)
Mark O'Connor (needs another 13 games)
Jack Bowes (needs another 17 games)
Gryan Miers (needs another 17 games)

50 games
Tyson Stengle (needs another 9 games)
Tanner Bruhn (needs another 20 games)
Max Holmes (needs another 20 games)
Ollie Henry (needs another 25 games)
Sam De Koning (needs another 26 games)

Sam and Ollie are long shots to make it this year, but could make it if they play every game and we make the grand final with the extra H&A game this year due to that extra round played in Adelaide this year.

Exactly, and Blicavs fits into that just like Cam. This is not comparing a 32 year old with a 21 year old. I'd be shocked if anything but injury allows Blicavs to catch Cam for the milestone.
Loosen up, it's just a preseason comment. In reality, of course what you say makes sense. You haven't jumped at the co-Captaincy quote. Would be nice for both to achieve this in a winning GF, but that would necessitate injuries, which is far from ideal.

Loosen up, it's just a preseason comment. In reality, of course what you say makes sense. You haven't jumped at the co-Captaincy quote. Would be nice for both to achieve this in a winning GF, but that would necessitate injuries, which is far from ideal.
Ironic given my original reply was simply highlighting in jest your typo "I can be arranged though".

I'd prefer a sole captain but at the end of the day I would hardly even be bothered if they gave it to a triumvarate consisting of Stanley, SavRat and Neale (Bean Poles of Doom).

Ironic given my original reply was simply highlighting in jest your typo "I can be arranged though".

I'd prefer a sole captain but at the end of the day I would hardly even be bothered if they gave it to a triumvarate consisting of Stanley, SavRat and Neale (Bean Poles of Doom).
Apologies galore.
Corrected above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawk wont get 350 this year due to late start.

Reckon blitz and guthrie both get there if we play finals.

With conway injured stanley probably gets to 200-no way would i have thought that 4 years ago. Rohan might just miss it and this might be his last year.

Hawk wont get 350 this year due to late start.

Reckon blitz and guthrie both get there if we play finals.

With conway injured stanley probably gets to 200-no way would i have thought that 4 years ago. Rohan might just miss it and this might be his last year.
He can retire knowing his efforts were hugely responsible for us beating Pies and making our passage to the GF much more manageable.

Stanley- somehow, I've always rated him, and admired his uniqueness as a follower more than a ruckman. His athleticism is and should be a real waepon.

Bumping this for some updates

Round 17: Zach Tuohy became the most capped Irishman
Round 18: Gryan Miers will run out in game #100, in the same week it’s announced he’s re-signed with the club until 2026
Round 19: Tom Atkins, all going well will run out in game #100, making it a trio of milestones across 3 rounds

But as it stands, heading into round 18 the interesting scenario ahead that lays ahead is what happens over the next 7 rounds because Round 23 versus the Bulldogs looks all set to be very memorable one for the club with the following potential milestones:
  • Tanner Bruhn, 50 games
  • Jack Bowes, 100 games
  • Mark Blicavs, 250 games
  • Tommy Hawkins, 350 games

Zach Tuohy has also played 145 games for Geelong so should reach the 150 mark for the club this year.

Here's how the rest of the season looks:

View attachment 1737942
Rhys Stanley NS and 200 games on GF day after he gets one more rest this year?
Or Ollie Henry NS, 5 goals in GF in his 50th after one more rest? How good if against Pies??
Lots to look forward to anyway.
Somehow, I think though that Pies win it this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back