BRUHN
KNEVITT
Z GUTHRIE
CLOSE
O HENRY
HOLMES

honourable mention to Dempsey, trying to fit him in
Holmes is down my list.
i have not seen enough of Conway to form an opinion.
Knevitt would not surprise if he climbed the ladder

my order would be

SDK
STENGLE
NEALE
CLARK
BRUHN
KNEVITT
Z GUTHRIE
CLOSE
O HENRY
HOLMES

honourable mention to Dempsey, trying to fit him in
Holmes is down my list.
i have not seen enough of Conway to form an opinion.
Knevitt would not surprise if he climbed the ladder
Look I like the prospect of Neale... But please explain how you put him 2nd when he has only played 2 games of footy.....:shrug:

Look I like the prospect of Neale... But please explain how you put him 2nd when he has only played 2 games of footy.....:shrug:
i watched him a few times in the VFL and like the way he positions himself and also his marking style. i think with game time he will improve out of sight.

1. SDK 10/10 (5/5 potential, 5/5 likelihood)
Potential to become the best key defender in the game. Well on track to achieve this.

2. HOLMES 8.5/10 (4.5/5 potential, 4/5 likelihood)
Tracking to become a Guthrie level player even if his move to the midfield has been disappointing. Could be the best wingman in the league

3. CLARK 8.5/10 (3.5/5 potential, 5/5 likelihood)
Just about a sure thing to become a reasonable player

4. O HENRY 7.5/10 (3.5/5 potential, 4/5 likelihood)
Ceiling would be Fritsch level. Not as clever but a much better mark. Henry has real presence when he is on the field. Already tracking highly for goals scored by age and position

5. KNEVITT 6.5/10 (4.5/5 potential, 2/5 likelihood)

6. DEMPSEY 6.5/10 (3.5/5 potential, 3/5 likelihood)

7. BRUHN 6/10 (2.5/5 potential, 3.5/5 likelihood)

8. NEALE 6/10 (3/5 potential, 3/5 likelihood)

9. CLOHESY 5/10 (1.5/5 potential, 4/5 likelihood)

10. WILLIS 5/10 (4/5 potential, 1.5/5 likelihood)

11. WHYTE 5/10 (2.5/5 potential, 2.5/5 likelihood)

12. FOSTER 4.5/10 (3.5/5 potential, 1/5 likelihood)

13. KROEGER 2/10 (1/5 potential, 1/5 likelihood)

Potential to become the best key defender in the game. Well on track to achieve this.

Tracking to become a Guthrie level player even if his move to the midfield has been disappointing. Could be the best wingman in the league

Ceiling would be Fritsch level. Not as clever but a much better mark. Henry has real presence when he is on the field. Already tracking highly for goals scored by age and position

I like it... If I had to swap one and one only from it I would flick Willis & Dempsey around.

Depends on if youre talking potential ceiling or where they are at right now.

For example sdk i fully think will be AA and leage dominant in his mid 20s, henry probably has the highest ceiling of them all but a lower floor, clark doesnt have the ceiling that high but is a safer pick (hes the safest of them all to play 200 games barring injury).

That said i would go
1. Sdk
2. Holmes
3. Clark
4. OHenry
5. Bruhn
6. Knevitt (will be very good once he fills out)
7. Conway (a reach right now but he has all the tools)
8. Neale (the potential is there)
9. Dempsey (ceiling is huge but so is bust potential)
10. Willis

I also am fairly confident clohesy will make it (not sure if it will be with us or another club though) and riccardi shows signs if he can bulk up-hes a very smart player.

That said i would go
1. Sdk
2. Holmes
3. Clark
4. OHenry
5. Bruhn
6. Knevitt (will be very good once he fills out)
7. Conway (a reach right now but he has all the tools)
8. Neale (the potential is there)
9. Dempsey (ceiling is huge but so is bust potential)
10. Willis

I also am fairly confident clohesy will make it (not sure if it will be with us or another club though) and riccardi shows signs if he can bulk up-hes a very smart player.
Damn forgot about Conway. My top 7 fairly close to yours. I'm not as certain on Neale - I think he gets to a similar level to Vardy. Is that considered a fail?

Damn forgot about Conway. My top 7 fairly close to yours. I'm not as certain on Neale - I think he gets to a similar level to Vardy. Is that considered a fail?

Look vardy would have been very good if not for the hip injury and his lack of professionalism. The talent was clearly there. Neale seems to be a lot more professional than vardy was so i think if he stays fit we can expect him to be at least the vardy/josh walker level and hopefully better. Obviously hawk is close to the end as are stanley cegs and blitz so as much as everyone focuses on bruhn and clark its actually conway and neale that we really need to become good players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats might be a realistic chance of snagging Parish if the Bombers have a sniff of getting Harley Reid (using 3 firsts)

The problem is nobody is trading pick 1 (especially this year) for 3 picks in the teens and thats where the dons are likely to fall. For your idea to work essendon has to finish in the bottom 6.

Well reasoned

Where’s Jack Henry and Esava on these lists?

Where’s Jack Henry and Esava on these lists?
Good call! Our group of 24 year olds are going to define the next 5 years for the club. It's a really nice group of players:

Miers
Stengle
J Henry
Close
Ratugolea
Z Guthrie
Simpson

Can 4 or more of them become genuine A graders in contention for regular AA honours? Can they step up like Guthrie, Duncan, Blicavs, etc did and go from solid contributor to stars? If so we'll be set for the next 5 years. If not we're in trouble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back