Which 4 players from our premiership team (2007-2011) would you pick to be in our current team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Who would you pick?? I have it a go in my head and found it tough.

I love the idea of a premiership defense, so settled on enright, Scarlett, Johnson and ablett jnr. But I think there is a huge debate for almost anyone in that team and my next cab off the rank would be a toss up between bartel and ottens

Give your thoughts to this hypothetical scenario

No love here for max rooke?

Ottens, Ablett, Wojcinski, Scarlett

We lack a run and carry type from defence hence Wojo.
I just can’t go past enright and Scarlett for mine with the value of defensive rebounding these days. Ottens rucking would tear max gawn a new one in finals I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No love here for max rooke?
You could throw a blanket over 15 players and wouldn't be disappointed with the 4 that crept out first ... As long as one of those was Ottens.

Ottens and everything else is horses for courses
Only reason I didn’t have him in mine was I don’t believe ruckman are as valued in modern footy as they once were. I feel you could get better value out of Stevie J enright or bartel than ottens in the current game. But that is my bias opinion of the state of the game and not a reflection of ottens ability

I'm trying consider, 2 elements when making a selection. Our current game plan, and how players from those teams would add to it.

I settled on,
  • Scarlett
  • Ottens
  • Ablett
  • Enright

I really wanted to include Bartel, but Enright pipped him because an elite small defender would make a bigger difference given our style of play.

The best 22:

FB: Kolo SDK Scarlett
HB: Enright Stewart Z Guthrie
C: Holmes Blitz Smith
HF: Close Cameron Miers
FF: Rohan Hawkins Stengle
Foll: Ottens Danger Ablett
B: C Guthrie Atkins J Henry Duncan

I'm trying consider, 2 elements when making a selection. Our current game plan, and how players from those teams would add to it.

I settled on,
  • Scarlett
  • Ottens
  • Ablett
  • Enright

I really wanted to include Bartel, but Enright pipped him because an elite small defender would make a bigger difference given our style of play.

The best 22:

Stop!! The thought of Scarlett enright and Stewart roaming the defensive fifty intercepting is enough to blow 1,000 loads

I settled on,
  • Scarlett
  • Ottens
  • Ablett
  • Enright

The best 22:

Holy s***that side would annihilate the next best team every day of the week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back