Autopsy Cats lose to Dogs by 25 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Parfitt played the best game I've seen him play all season, possibly ever. Just shows when he has a crack, he can be an above-average midfielder. If he stays at Geelong, we need to see more of what he did against the Dogs next year.
Definately his best game this season, but he has played some crackers in previous seasons. I was hoping/expecting his form against the dogs would be his floor this year :/

Parfitt played the best game I've seen him play all season, possibly ever. Just shows when he has a crack, he can be an above-average midfielder. If he stays at Geelong, we need to see more of what he did against the Dogs next year.
The issue is for every game like that he throws in 5 absolute stinkers.

Going on 26 they are generally as good as they are going to get aswell.

Hi there... I am not here to sink the boots on the cats.

But it has been a very tight season.

Yeah the cats finished 12th with 10 wins. But I knew the cats lost some close games. So did freo who also got 10 wins and 14th spot. dockers also lost some close games and could of made finals too.

the gap between 5th to 14th was 3 wins.

Me too. He had a great game in the 2014 QF against Hawthorn and I thought that was it, he’s away.

For whatever reason, the MC seemed to never show any faith in him, and he was done.

To be fair to the MC how many players that the MC "seemed to never show any faith in" have actually gone on to have good AFL careers?

GHS went to Gold Coast and struggled. Same with Constable who was obsessed over around here.

In contrast guys like Miers and Zach Guthrie would never have been picked early in their careers if it was up to the posters on this board and they're both now very valuable players.

To be fair to the MC how many players that the MC "seemed to never show any faith in" have actually gone on to have good AFL careers?

GHS went to Gold Coast and struggled. Same with Constable who was obsessed over around here.

In contrast guys like Miers and Zach Guthrie would never have been picked early in their careers if it was up to the posters on this board and they're both now very valuable players.
Absolutely true, but I also think that being stuck in the VFL hurt both players.

Yeah the cats finished 12th with 10 wins. But I knew the cats lost some close games. So did freo who also got 10 wins and 14th spot. dockers also lost some close games and could of made finals too.

The negative with a tight season is as much as the fans love it, I hate that there are smooth brains in the media now pushing hard for a "WiLdCaRd RoUnD" which would really just be a 10 team finals series.

Josh Caddy seemed to cope ok with getting moved on as well.

Some around here might not like me saying it - but it is the truth - and that hurts plenty

But Richmond won that trade by a million miles - the Tigers got Caddy - played very good football in 2 Premierships as forward - and Geelong in that trade got a plodder/shuffler who cant kick being Brandon Parfitt

One aspect of Caddys play - at Richmond - he was an excellent kick for goal - very technically correct kick - and kicked quite a few important goals for Richmond

In fact if i had my life riding on it - someone to kick a goal - set shot 40 or even a good 50 metres out - could also be on a bit of an angle - the 2 id be interested in taking the kick are Mitch Duncan and Josh Caddy

Josh Caddy seemed to cope ok with getting moved on as well.

Tbf he wasnt getting played in the twos- if memory serves he said he moved for more mid time as he wasnt seeing any of it with our then line up.

I cant remember a player weve delisted or shopped out of charity coming back to bite us- all the ones who played well for other teams have left for reasons other than lack of opportunity. May change after this trade period tho with Sav picking up sticks.

Tbf he wasnt getting played in the twos- if memory serves he said he moved for more mid time as he wasnt seeing any of it with our then line up.

I cant remember a player weve delisted or shopped out of charity coming back to bite us- all the ones who played well for other teams have left for reasons other than lack of opportunity. May change after this trade period tho with Sav picking up sticks.
Until Sav does what he does in the Sydney match and costs his new team goals, then the other teams thread will be filled with "getting Pick XX for Esava and using that to pick up a gun and future legend was the best trade we have made."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I told people Hamling would retire a premiership player when we took him, I mean I was correct about that but I said it with the intention of him winning it with Geelong...
Hamling was fine at Freo. played almost ever game for us from 2017-19. Then injuries stuffed him since the start of 2020.

So... he was on your list for 3 seasons. How come he never got a game from 2012-14 at the cats? I would thought with Geelongs strong side at the time he would of got a game or 2 off the bench.

Some around here might not like me saying it - but it is the truth - and that hurts plenty

But Richmond won that trade by a million miles - the Tigers got Caddy - played very good football in 2 Premierships as forward - and Geelong in that trade got a plodder/shuffler who cant kick being Brandon Parfitt

One aspect of Caddys play - at Richmond - he was an excellent kick for goal - very technically correct kick - and kicked quite a few important goals for Richmond

In fact if i had my life riding on it - someone to kick a goal - set shot 40 or even a good 50 metres out - could also be on a bit of an angle - the 2 id be interested in taking the kick are Mitch Duncan and Josh Caddy
There's absolutely no doubt that they won.

With the trade, there was always a bit of wait and see about it, with Parfitt looking to have potential in his early years. Had he developed into a decent midfielder for us and contributed as such to the flag, and then continued to help ease the transition in such a year as this one, it would have been about equal. As it is, though, he only just made the GF team because of Holmes being injured (and as a sub) and he barely contributed this year. He's likely on his way out.

Even for us Caddy was better than what Parfitt's been.

All due resupect though I think it says more about the 6th placed team than the 14th

Until Sav does what he does in the Sydney match and costs his new team goals, then the other teams thread will be filled with "getting Pick XX for Esava and using that to pick up a gun and future legend was the best trade we have made."

I dont mind coming up against Sav in the future on balance, but hes the kind of player who will win the occasional game for a team through contests. (He probably loses more through disposal though). 4/5 times hes a liabilty, 1/5 hes a weapon. Hope he gets a fat long termer because hes great to watch and deserves to be best 22 somewhere

Im WRONG all the ******* time.

Read my "hes' gonna make it list" Cam Eardley FFS.

Ask my wife as well.

No we can all move on.

GO Catters

Almost.

Cam Eardley.

When I watch VFL the first thing I look for is grunt. Hunger.
Saw a bit of Kroeger a week or so ago. He has grunt. Moved him on to my keeper list despite 2 years of injury.

Getting back to Cam Eardley.....he had grunt in capital letters. Think Libba - same size weight ratio. Talent?.... surely that comes after you have the ball or the man your grasp. Or not.

Eardley was high on my keep list . Then gone in an instant.

Picking 100 gamers , even if top 30 picks, while in their raw 19/20 yo states is difficult. Picking zero gamers is easier.

Cam Eardley still features in our family discussions , if briefly now., about how hard picking a diamond in the rough is .

I would say Daz. Not wrong all the time, its just tough to get them all right !!!!

Go Cats

Almost.

Cam Eardley.

When I watch VFL the first thing I look for is grunt. Hunger.
Saw a bit of Kroeger a week or so ago. He has grunt. Moved him on to my keeper list despite 2 years of injury.

Getting back to Cam Eardley.....he had grunt in capital letters. Think Libba - same size weight ratio. Talent?.... surely that comes after you have the ball or the man your grasp. Or not.

Eardley was high on my keep list . Then gone in an instant.

Picking 100 gamers , even if top 30 picks, while in their raw 19/20 yo states is difficult. Picking zero gamers is easier.

Cam Eardley still features in our family discussions , if briefly now., about how hard picking a diamond in the rough is .

I would say Daz. Not wrong all the time, its just tough to get them all right !!!!

Go Cats
Here's an interview with Cam just before the AFL GF last year.

Great to hear he still supports Geelong. Unfortunately East Freo lost last year but they're on top this year so hopefully they can pull it off.

I met his mum a while ago, also still a Cats fan and a nice person.

That second table is staggering. We are seriously a whole generation 'better' than the rest of the competition at remaining relevant.

#wearegeelong
#lovethisclub

I recall Halley's Comet in 1986, the VL Commodore was released, Reagan was the US President, and Thatcher of the U.K. And Crowded House released their debut album.

I guess that puts this season into context, what's pretty ordinary for us is a humdrum fairly regular occurrence for most other sides. Most H & A defeats for us since 2003. The last season of fewer than seven wins was 1973. I am glad we maintain our never worse than 12th record.

I recall Halley's Comet in 1986, the VL Commodore was released, Reagan was the US President, and Thatcher of the U.K. And Crowded House released their debut album.

I guess that puts this season into context, what's pretty ordinary for us is a humdrum fairly regular occurrence for most other sides. Most H & A defeats for us since 2003. The last season of fewer than seven wins was 1973. I am glad we maintain our never worse than 12th record.
86.. Bruce Lindner, Mark Jackson. heady days….

Remove this Banner Ad

Back