Autopsy Cats lose to Lions by 11 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty pox effort by us really.

Fumbly, turnovers, lack or footy brain and lack of effort really.

Couldnt handle decision making under pressure.

Hard to think of any real standouts - Bowes and Stewy, Atkins were good but the rest were also rans.

Had chances late to steal it - and it would have been theft - but we didnt deserve to win it.

First 3/4 were lost.

Last 1/4 had chances but the decision making was crap and didnt give ourselves the best chances to win.

Need to win 4 of next 5 now

20 I50 in 4th

28 I50 in the rest of the game.

The Lions played their GF today and good on them but they are fragile and we only just lost this by 11 points.

So many passengers today...

On to next week.

GO Catters

I take comfort in that Bris are so mentally soft that once they play finals espically in Melb they will choke once again as always

The fact that the club nearly ran with it in the last qtr when Bris were playing so defensively instead of just playing offensively to keep the lead saids it all

ALl we need was to make 2 of the set shots in fron of goal and we win.

Thats sobering.

GO Catters

They just make me angry when they play like this.

Lazy unmotivated can’t be ****ed putting the effort in football for three quarters.

Freo
Port
Pies
Saints
Doggies

Need 4 of 5 wins to make it IMO.

Go Cattesr

7.8 to 7.5 Geelong's way after quarter time.

Sorting out these slow starts in interstate games is crucial.

We needed to convert more gettable goals during the early stages of the comeback, and make much better decisions going inside 50 in the last.

Still, it was about as close as the Lions have been run up there all year and we had every chance to win until the last couple of minutes.

Loved Dangerfield late.

To be honest has it really been our year , not discounting that if we find some form we could have a miracle in the finals but I wouldn’t take too much away from tonight it was a terrible game

Really excited about the future with Tanner and Bowes showing a lot the last few weeks , plus Henry is going to be a beast once he has a few more pre seasons under his belt

The lions will be in the wildness for a decade after they choke again in the finals this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Odd game, they outplay us completely around the ball and positionally, they outworked us the better part of three quarters... yet we only lost by 2 goals, on their home deck.

We were down 36 in the contested possessions and 27 in the clearances. Stewart as the plus +1 hurt us, they refused to move the ball down the line and just kickout around our zone.

If Menegola is fit he should have been the sub.

If you saw that score pregame you’d say it’s just about par.

Glass half empty: we played like arse for 3 quarters

Glass half full: we played like arse for 3 quarters

He is still very badly out of form - like someone said he is running around proppy like he has OP or some other issue, and mentally looks sapped - but kudos to Cameron for sticking it out and kicking almost half of our goals and having joint highest score involvements. Unfortunately he made more mistakes late indicative of being well down on confidence, but hopefully the character assassinations get put on hold for a week.

I'm with Baudolino they've learned cheats tricks the Lions.
Stepping over the boundary so may times without penalty, and a few of them flopping when over the ball with the fake push in the back.
Taking lessons from Joe gum.
Not the sort of sneaky skill that's going to escape finals umps.

Anyway we were sheeet and absolute monty we would try harder at the last gasp. A few light weights poncing around too.

Conspiracy theory.

We may play them later in the season and want to lull them into a false sense of security.

So we:

• Tell P Dangerfield not to try until late.
  • Use the ball in a way that we will not do again for the first half and a bit of the game.

Being serious though... What's the deal with Danger going beast mode like the game matters late and just cruising for the first 3/4s?

On that game irrespective of ladder positions I give neither team a sniff v the Pies... Us maybe at a pinch but not the Lions (they can't beat the Pies at the G no-shot).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back