Autopsy Cats lose to Freo by 7 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

And thats it.

We didnt play to win that one and see ourselves outside the 8 in 9th and prob done for the year now.

Blitz hammy is done it appears.

Free kicks 20 to 11 in Freo favour but it didnt really change it. Jezza kicked 1.6 I think. There it is more than anyhting.

Fumbly, lacking system and turnovers, and poor inside 50s al lead by getting whacked in the middle and here we are.

A few older blokes not delivering like last year and while last year was a great thing its been a long time in footy speak since then.

Unlikely based on this that an upset will follow in the coming weeks but we really have taken our destiny from our hands and given it to others now.

Tough day but credit Freo for handing iout arse to us on a platter.

Not good enough today

Be nice to each other in thse harder times.

Bruhn did a bit.. Holmes had a moment or 2.. Atkins tried... PFD not visible enough and its just not clicking.
Stewy was good ... very good... and then wasnt at all good.

Weird times.

GO Catters

We should have won that if we werent so fumbly.

Even in the last 10mins it was there.

Cameron was symptomatic of our issues today.

That gane shows you how much structurally we need blitz we will struggle to get to the 12 wins for finals now he is the guy we could least afford to lose.

Congratulations to Fremantle, they played the smarter football all day long.

We can talk about the umpiring, the loss of Blicavs (and Hawkins late) and the matter of our season being on life-support.

But the thing that really irks me is Jeremy Cameron's football.

His kicking today was atrocious, his marking contests lacked conviction and his defensive game is non-existent. He's been a liability for weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too much hubris by the club this year. Thinking we'll roll into the season, underdone and finding form and fitness as the season rolls on and we'll "click" and find our best footy at the right time and go on to win it again.

It even comes from the coach with his "we're the danger" remark the other week and thinking our best is good enough when we haven't displayed it nearly enough.

We've played maybe 5 games of good footy this year max. Too many players out of form/out of confidence/ or lack of hunger to go again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see 4 flags in my life, but bloody disappointed we can't go back to back even once.

See you next year.

Shizenhausen!
Our best is good enough but our worst is bad enough. Looked very slow. Something to address in the draft. Do we have any picks this year or did we future trade them all away?

Footy_Fan2007 said:
We are doing sweet * all even if we make the 8.

Cats have always had an inate ability to turn things around. Stupid is the person to simply dismiss any chance if we do make the 8.

Not saying we're going to win a flag but damn the emotional reactions that come during and after a loss on this forum is borderline embarrassing

Honestly our worst performance for some time.
Towards the end of the season, finals on the line, coaches record game, at home vs 15th and we were woeful.
Senior players in particular should be embarrassed, finger pointed directly at Danger and Stewart as the so called "leaders" of the club.
Not many could hold their heads up after that.

This season has been a failure on so many metrics. We start the season with a big gap of midfielder and as the season has gone on its been the biggest glaring weakness in our squad. We need to find a minimum of 2 genuine quality midfielders.

But even then, the losses to GWS and Freo at home are horrendous losses. Season is finally cooked. Drop guys like Stanley who have been poor for a while, bring in kids like Conway and start looking to our next flag tilt around 2026. Time to get games into the kids.

I think that’s the 6th or 7th game this year we’ve been in a position to go on and win it and completely just shat the bed and lost the game. Story of our season, bottom 8 side who’s shown glimpses of 2022 but ultimately not up to it. Midfield is a joke and there’s a few who should seriously be hanging them up at seasons end.

I think the only other game we win from here is the doggies at home and that’s only because we own them.

Coaches record breaking game, finals on the line on the verge of facing the top 2 the next fortnight and we put up that horseshit performance.
Danger isn't a captains a-hole, provides zero leadership @Mad_Hatter

Stewart had to run up to give Stanley a spray.

I always thought giving Dangerfield captaincy would be a mistake. Best captains are usually:

A) Defenders because they see the whole ground from the dangerous end, and
B) Blokes who have done it the hard way or weren't gifted AFL careers - they never take it for granted and they know how hard it is for every player on the list from #1 to #44.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back