Our logo - Cheap and Nasty

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like to see the hoops on our jumper go to a slightly lighter shade of the navy blue. Noticed it already when we changed from ISC to Cotton On. Maybe they can go a little further.

Was our jumper in the 70s a lighter blue ?
Yes - in 1975, a heap of changes were made across the league for the advent of colour TV.

We went to a more "royal" blue I think, and the difference is pretty stark if you compare it to, for example, our early-90s strips.

Melbourne went to royal blue as well (very unloved), Fitzroy changed its entire strip, Hawthorn went to bright wee with poo numbers, Essendon got those stupid red shorts and Footscray switched up the sashes.

Yes - in 1975, a heap of changes were made across the league for the advent of colour TV.

We went to a more "royal" blue I think, and the difference is pretty stark if you compare it to, for example, our early-90s strips.

Melbourne went to royal blue as well (very unloved), Fitzroy changed its entire strip, Hawthorn went to bright wee with poo numbers, Essendon got those stupid red shorts and Footscray switched up the sashes.
I prefer this to every team having to wear white shorts and white clash strips when they play away. Too many teams wear white

Remove this Banner Ad

Back