Autopsy Cats lose to Saints by enough to end our 23 Finals hopes

Remove this Banner Ad

He actually looked good start of the season before he copped the collapsed lung against Port. Was not the same after.

Professional sub? Yeesh
That's been my take on him. He came back rather quickly I thought and was playing very sore. I saw one time he clutched at his ribs after a tackle and most likely copped some painful shots every week.

I’d give Clohesy, Conway debuts and Knevitt a game.
I would give Menegola his farewell game if that’s really happening.

Out Duncan, Close, Sav, Danger

I’d also pull the pin on Dangerfield’s season, something seriously wrong with this man’s body that obviously will require surgery
Cam Guthrie a half game in the vfl again and again rest up for next year
I am almost the same as you…but would add Dempsey (for Close)…he has earned a full game (as much as some people have said he hasn’t impacted when played at AFL level he actually has not had 1 full game this year)…

Also no more VFL so Guth is either in or rest up for pre season…going to be interesting call they make with him

On menegola I am not sure - maybe he gets a consolation game but it is a little embarrassing as it will be more obvious he couldnt get it until it didn’t matter - and he isn’t retiring, he wants to keep playing? I would hope they don’t play him over a kid who deserves it just as much. If they can do both then I am ok - but that will require 5-6 changes…

That's been my take on him. He came back rather quickly I thought and was playing very sore. I saw one time he clutched at his ribs after a tackle and most likely copped some painful shots every week.
I was a few rows away in the port match when it happened. The thud was pretty sickening, then he got booed for time wasting while he was dealing with it

Excuse the intrusion . Tell me to nick off if need too .

You guys had a pretty poor pre season . Guys with late starts after surgery , some not in the best condition and recruits not up to standard AFL wise coming in from other clubs.
So playing catchup all year . Last week took a lot out of the tank .
Youve also had a fair crew playing injured/sore in the last month....was fairly easy to tell who imo
Was like our 2009 season . Start on backfoot but never really get going .

There is a little bit going on behind the scenes .
You guys are pro's though so it'll get sorted .

Sounds like you'll be busy again in trade.

Anyway might shed a little light on things or maybe not at all.
Hopefully we can give you guys a better game next Easter 🙂
It definitely feels like that. I'd be stoked if we three-peat starting four years from now. 😁

He’s not even playing ruck in the VFL. Bit harsh
I understand that. However, I based my observations not on how he played in the ruck, but on how he played the complete game.

His work around the ground, in contests... he just seemed to not have a clue when to go, where he should be, etc. and appeared flustered and overwhelmed with ball in hand.

Brisbane have a whole load of extremely punchable faces but I still have some love for Linc. It's a mixed bag with them
I’ve got the Lions for the cup! Still can be beaten at the Gabba, I don’t think they’re certainties at the Gabba but hard to beat for sure. With their final’s experience should be making Grand final. Dees defence quite strong will give them a shot too..

David king questions Hudson on the first crack. If you come out and say ‘ we are the danger’ 4 weeks ago when we knew then about 10 years of shorter pre seasons , some banged up players etc… then that narrative doesn’t change 4 weeks later so can’t really go down the excuse path…. Fair enough by Kingy.

David king questions Hudson on the first crack. If you come out and say ‘ we are the danger’ 4 weeks ago when we knew then about 10 years of shorter pre seasons , some banged up players etc… then that narrative doesn’t change 4 weeks later so can’t really go down the excuse path…. Fair enough by Kingy.
6 weeks ago

In that six weeks we had

Hawkins calf
Blicavs hammy
Henry Foot
Stanley Groin
Rohan late out once and a hammy
To be fair if even half those injuries don’t happen especially Hawkins and Blicavs we prob beat Freo and possibly knock off the pies

Last game of the year, a few forced changes in Sav and Duncan. Send Cameron off for shoulder surgery now. Ideally would drop players such as Tuohy and Smith but could be their last games for the club so will give them a farewell game.

Out: Duncan, Sav, Cameron, Parfitt
In: Conway, Knevitt, Dempsey, Mullin (sub)

I think they could bring Conway in for a debut at home in a dead rubber game, potentially with the intention of subbing him off if his fitness isnt quite up to scratch. Gives him a taste of AFL footy so he knows what he needs to work on over the preseason. Send Neale back as second key forward / second ruck. Keep SDK and Henry away from the ruck please

6 weeks ago

In that six weeks we had

Hawkins calf
Blicavs hammy
Henry Foot
Stanley Groin
Rohan late out once and a hammy
To be fair if even half those injuries don’t happen especially Hawkins and Blicavs we prob beat Freo and possibly knock off the pies
Rohan hasn’t done anything since leaving training early to play golf…. Hmm standard apparently.

So we have 3 outs now (I can’t see them challenging any of them)…. Sav, Close and Duncan.

To me that means 3 ins will be Conway, Dempsey and Knevitt - pretty like for like …. And they will want to fit in Oisin (for 2E? Last game)…so will need at least one more out…

I can’t work out whether they play Guth - he has worked hard to get back but why risk a setback for preseason for zero team upside…a

Any other guesses of potential ins (I would love to see Ted for debut… will they give Menegola a game?)… and more importantly who do they take out (as some will want to stay for 2E/Smith?)

Menegola deserves a farewell game.
He should be in for duncan.

Dempsey for close (like for like simpson is the other option but i prefer dempsey) and whichever of stanley or ceglar (might be the last ever game for either of them) is fit for sav.

Bring knevitt in for parf.

Shoot bews or kolo out of a cannon if you want mullin in i have no probs there.
I would take neale out too but we are short on talls and the dogs are tall.

I’d give Clohesy, Conway debuts and Knevitt a game.
I would give Menegola his farewell game if that’s really happening.

Out Duncan, Close, Sav, Danger

I’d also pull the pin on Dangerfield’s season, something seriously wrong with this man’s body that obviously will require surgery
Cam Guthrie a half game in the vfl again and again rest up for next year

Vfl team has finished for the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny, no one mentions Wellingham hitting the post in 2011 GF.
Hawk did it in the second quarter. Hardly decided the game there was still 2 quarters to go!!
If it was in the last 5 minutes I would understand.
Yeah that Wellingham goal was quickly forgotten. I guess because we still won.
But a shocker none the less.
I still remember the goal umpire starting to signal a point but then changing his mind.

I wouldn't risk Conway in all honesty, put him on ice and get his body 100% for next year
Played well in the VFL by all accounts, if he has come up fine after last weekend I would have him in the team to let him know we are likely backing him in for next season.

Would only play Tuohy and Menegola if they confirm retirements like Smith. If not, why would you play Menegola?

Esava, Close and Duncan out, maybe Cameron out for surgery, would make sure if Cameron is out Neale stays forward and Conway ruck, would definitely give Dempsey and Knevitt games and if you have a last spot either reward Clohesy or give Guthrie a game. While I know people want the kids in, and I do as well, our midfield is severely lacking and Guthrie has worked bloody hard to get back. I would absolutely play Guth if Danger misses.

Plus some are saying Holmes is sore, so maybe bring Clohesy in for him.

We can't complain that the midfield has been utter s**t, and then drop Danger and lose Duncan and replace them with just kids. If we want the kids to be elite, they still need someone like a Guthrie to learn from.

Scott was just trying to send a message to his playing group.

Played well in the VFL by all accounts, if he has come up fine after last weekend I would have him in the team to let him know we are likely backing him in for next season.

Would only play Tuohy and Menegola if they confirm retirements like Smith. If not, why would you play Menegola?

Esava, Close and Duncan out, maybe Cameron out for surgery, would make sure if Cameron is out Neale stays forward and Conway ruck, would definitely give Dempsey and Knevitt games and if you have a last spot either reward Clohesy or give Guthrie a game. While I know people want the kids in, and I do as well, our midfield is severely lacking and Guthrie has worked bloody hard to get back. I would absolutely play Guth if Danger misses.

Plus some are saying Holmes is sore, so maybe bring Clohesy in for him.

We can't complain that the midfield has been utter s**t, and then drop Danger and lose Duncan and replace them with just kids. If we want the kids to be elite, they still need someone like a Guthrie to learn from.
Rough to debut a kid against English. Might sub him on at half time?

Rough to debut a kid against English. Might sub him on at half time?
Unless Stanley gets up, what option do we have? Neale isn't a natural ruck, if the word of Cameron getting surgery is true we should run Neale forward and relief with Conway. If Stanley is fit, play Stanley and Conway, give Neale a breather and let Stanley rest forward when Conway is in the ruck. Let Conway do most of the ruck work and sub he at HT or 3/4 for a mid.

Unless Stanley gets up, what option do we have? Neale isn't a natural ruck, if the word of Cameron getting surgery is true we should run Neale forward and relief with Conway. If Stanley is fit, play Stanley and Conway, give Neale a breather and let Stanley rest forward when Conway is in the ruck. Let Conway do most of the ruck work and sub he at HT or 3/4 for a mid.
Fair point and fair conundrum

How the Dogs come out next week will really show where they're at as a club.

If Bevo still has control, expect them to come out hard.

If he doesn't, they should just roll over.

I expect his "tough love" approach is rubbing a few players the wrong way.

When did this happen?

IMG-20230820-WA0004-01.jpeg

Also LOL. I bet you would. You might win something:

IMG-20230820-WA0008.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back