McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

What do you think McGovern will do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

good news....
3c70b2a9f255d3104ba1ff790a75eb53a93c05f8.gif

Bruce: "This is the biggest sign yet that the 22 year old wants to remain at west lakes"

What sign?
Didn't Abernathy say his parents are keen for him to stay at Adelaide, don't think Channel 7 would be saying that unless they had some pretty good intel.

Trade Gov for Gibbs...with maybe some pick swaps involved in a 3 way deal. Gov a good young player, but you have forward line depth and need a mature mid right now to win the premiership.

Get Rockliff. Trade your first rounder around pick 15 if that is what it takes. Brisbane would probably accept that. Before you shoot me down, the guy can play footy and Hawthorn gave up pick 18 + Savage for McEvoy who's a ruckman...Geelong gave up pick 8 for Henderson etc. It's worth it to fill a hole when you're contending rather than just hitting the draft again and again waiting for the kids to develop.

OUT: McGovern, 2017 1st rounder (around pick 15?)
IN: Gibbs, Rockliff, and maybe some pick upgrades involved in the McGovern/Gibbs trade.

Would instantly bolster your midfield with 2 mature guns who can help Sloane and rectify your one perceived weakness.
Would certainly make you a far better team and a higher chance at a premiership...both those guys are 27 so still have a good 5 years or so left as well.

EDIT: Is Rockliff still uncontracted after this year? Even better then can get him for free. Gibbs and Rockliff IN and McGovern OUT? Surely you'd have to go hard for this.
They wouldn't trade and neither would we.
Brissy would get pick 2 compo. Pick 2!
Compo is overs and they would laugh to the bank.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Didn't Abernathy say his parents are keen for him to stay at Adelaide, don't think Channel 7 would be saying that unless they had some pretty good intel.

He's how old?

My parents weren't making career decisions for me at 18 let alone 22

They wouldn't trade and neither would we.
Brissy would get pick 2 compo. Pick 2!
Compo is overs and they would laugh to the bank.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Nah think the AFL would say end of first round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man... he must have been a nightmare as a kid... his parents don't want him back

Mum just thinks. All that muddy footy gear to wash again and skiddy undies. . Thought I was done with that.

I've said before Mitch's family live in North Albany so there is no homesick factor because Perth is not home, additionally Mitch has a super close relationship with Pyke who has backed in his player the moment the coach walked through the AFC doors, Mitch's parents would understand and appreciate that their son has an excellent coach and mentor in Pyke .

Back