The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we should be looking for a back up 3 when free agency starts.

Guys I think we should be looking to sign are, PJ Tucker, James Johnson, Jingles, Tony Snell, Bogdanavich, Cj Miles.

There's some pretty decent options out there, I would rather not have another year of TLC, Henderson playing the 3. I guess Ben will at times, maybe Dario too but I think it will be worth it to get a guy who knows how to play the position.

2-5 protection. Top 2 picks next year: Doncic and Porter, Doncic is perfect here (and if it's not top two, who cares?). If in the off chance it conveys (which would break Sixers Internet) this is a masterstroke.

Wrap everyone in cotton wool till November.

2-5 protection. Top 2 picks next year: Doncic and Porter, Doncic is perfect here (and if it's not top two, who cares?). If in the off chance it conveys (which would break Sixers Internet) this is a masterstroke.

Wrap everyone in cotton wool till November.

Doesn't it go to the Celtics if it falls 2-5?

So it's top 1 protected.

Doesn't it go to the Celtics if it falls 2-5?

So it's top 1 protected.

Yeah, phrasing was wrong, though it's a weird one to classify...2-5 unprotected maybe?

And assuming a normal offseason for the Lakers, it probably ends up with the Cs. But having a safety net at #1 for possibly Doncic is why this is a really good deal. I'd have some restless nights if we gave up the Kings pick as well.

I actually think we get to keep the lakers pick next year.. could easily see the lakers improving and a few other teams on the decline.. it's amazing we have pick 1 protection my best realistic case would be pick 6 next year and hand them sac pick 9 in 2019..

We will sign a free agent shooting guard. Likely reddick I feel.. may dip the toes with KCP but not sure I want to pay that much for him when I could get reddick for less years and salary..

Ingles would be a great fit here as well could play 2-4 really off the bench and would form an unathletic white crafty pairing with Dario off the bench!

Sign cov to an extension in November, and let's do this with a big 3 that fits and is hopefully healthy.. playoffs are pretty strong chance if we get 60+ from Jojo

Reddick is reported to be a near certainty to be picked up as a free agent. Okafor is being tipped to be traded too. Perhaps in a sign and trade for whoever drafts Monk who I think would also be a great fit allowing Philly to rotate between a big and small but super quick line up with Ben at the four and a ton of shooting.

I actually think we get to keep the lakers pick next year.. could easily see the lakers improving and a few other teams on the decline.. it's amazing we have pick 1 protection my best realistic case would be pick 6 next year and hand them sac pick 9 in 2019..

We will sign a free agent shooting guard. Likely reddick I feel.. may dip the toes with KCP but not sure I want to pay that much for him when I could get reddick for less years and salary..

Ingles would be a great fit here as well could play 2-4 really off the bench and would form an unathletic white crafty pairing with Dario off the bench!

Sign cov to an extension in November, and let's do this with a big 3 that fits and is hopefully healthy.. playoffs are pretty strong chance if we get 60+ from Jojo
If Paul George lasts the season without being traded, the Lakers will probably end up bottom 5 again. They need to clear some room to sign him. That certainly won't make them a better team this season.

It all depends really on how good Ball is combined with improvement (or lack of) from Randle, Russell (if they keep him) and Ingram.

Reddick is reported to be a near certainty to be picked up as a free agent. Okafor is being tipped to be traded too. Perhaps in a sign and trade for whoever drafts Monk who I think would also be a great fit allowing Philly to rotate between a big and small but super quick line up with Ben at the four and a ton of shooting.
Any links with the Redick stuff? Seen it bandied about a bit, and he makes sense but havn't seen anything more than the Sixers having interest.

Any links with the Redick stuff? Seen it bandied about a bit, and he makes sense but havn't seen anything more than the Sixers having interest.
Fair point. Got my info from a mad keen expat in Philly who said the newspapers have reported interest and most fans seem to think it is no brainer rather than direct media reports from the main outlets saying it is done deal. Checked on-line and there is nowhere I can find it is considered a done deal.
Either way while looking for info found this:
'The Sixers will enter the offseason with over $46M in projected cap space. Even if some of that money goes to extend contracts of players on the roster, there will still be ample room to add veterans.' Philly is in a wonderful position moving forward.

Quick what if: What if Philly management decides the time is now to go for a championship before their three potential young superstars are on massive money. They then go after Lowry or Redick and then do a sign and trade of Okafor and Saric for Paul George and a future pick. Just an idea, but it seems possible in theory. George is only 27 as well

Fair point. Got my info from a mad keen expat in Philly who said the newspapers have reported interest and most fans seem to think it is no brainer rather than direct media reports from the main outlets saying it is done deal. Checked on-line and there is nowhere I can find it is considered a done deal.
Either way while looking for info found this:
'The Sixers will enter the offseason with over $46M in projected cap space. Even if some of that money goes to extend contracts of players on the roster, there will still be ample room to add veterans.' Philly is in a wonderful position moving forward.

Quick what if: What if Philly management decides the time is now to go for a championship before their three potential young superstars are on massive money. They then go after Lowry or Redick and then do a sign and trade of Okafor and Saric for Paul George and a future pick. Just an idea, but it seems possible in theory. George is only 27 as well

I think the most they'd do is offer someone Redick a bunch of money short term, still gotta extend Covington before November but since we're paying next to nothing the next couple of years we gotta find a way to reach the floor.

I'm very fine with giving Redick like 2/50mil or something like that, extending Roco, maybe getting a back up SF and then just having a year of building chemistry and seeing what we have with Fultz/Simmons/Embiid and the supplementary parts, no need to race to the end now after being so patient in my eyes.

In the games I've seen him playCovington was pretty good, particularly on defence and shooting the three. Averaged nearly two steal and two threes a game last year. If we kept Okafor and played Saric as the sixth man I could see Covington playing the two at 6'9 as he wouldn't have to handle the ball a lot. A starting line-up of C: Embid: PF Okafor SF: Simmons: SG: Covington: PG: Fultz with Simmons asisiting in bringing the ball up could definitely work. Line-up has super length and super defensively. Covington also played the 4 in college. Could post up guards for sure.

Last edited:
I'd be pretty salty if Jah is still on the roster opening day, I'd hate to see he and Embiid on the floor ever again (on the same team anyway).
I still think it could work. But to be honest haven't seen enough of them play together to know. Okafor is still only 21. Still has massive upside and trade currency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think it could work. But to be honest haven't seen enough of them play together to know. Okafor is still only 21. Still has massive upside and trade currency.
It was absolutely awful last season when they did it and a big hindrance on Embiid. I think Jah has very little upside and trade currency too, if that were true they'd have found a deal for him already. They've basically been trying to move him for a year now.

Holmes plays the position better and is more useful to team.

I'd still ship him to the highest bidder but I'd be satisfied if we can package Jah him with a second rounder to get in late teens.

Jah value would be extremely low right now.. be lucky to get a pick in the late 20's for him.. I think we trade him for someone with a pulse as Jah doesn't fit our team at all.. just need to find a cheap 3rd C as insurance for Jo Jo..

The lineup will be something like
Fultz
Reddick/TLC/StauskAs
Cov
Simmons
embiid

Dario Holmes TJ Anderson and TLC/StauskAs off the bench.. starting to look deeper at most positions.. I hope we get a Jordan bell, josh Hart, Dillon brooks type in the second round also

They'll go after Reddick but I'd want to give him 2 years instead of the 3 he probably wants. Obvious fit at the 2 but if not it'd probably be Bayless.

Yahoo's reporting Iggy's exploring free-agent options. I've had a feeling he might and there's no doubt he's got sentimental value here and loves Embiid. He probably wants somewhere that's at the next level from where we're at presently but if he's wants to I'd love to bring him back. We're gonna have to add some vets and I don't think there's anyone better in the league to have than Iggy.

Feeling pretty nonplussed about free agent signings otherwise. I'm all about getting TLC as much exposure as possible.

Fultz/Reddick/Covington/Simmons/Embiid
McConnell/Bayless/TLC/Saric/Holmes

The prospect of the god dream where Lakers and Kings end up with the #1 pick is truly frightening to even think about.

#RTArmageddon has begun and it's about as dumb and beautiful as you'd expect.

The critic of hoops features pretty prominently...

Patrick Beverly just became available.

Think we should consider him.
I'd feel better if it was Hinkie dealing with Morey since they're mates and we'd probably get a fair deal.

Also, it's almost pathetic looking at certain around teams subs like the Magic and seeing how they're discussing the draft and off-season with almost no hope, guess that's what you get for having all that pride and doing things "the right way"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back