The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

If this trade goes through I think game 5 of the finals might have been the tipping point for Ainge. When he saw GSW close out Cavs with a line up of Curry, Klay, KD, Iggy, Dray, it probably convinced him that a bunch of athletic great defensive wings is not only the blueprint to stop Lebron, but probably also the only way to beat GSW too. Eg, Brown+Jackson/Butler+Crowder.

Yep, especially with Duke. Coach K is so good at hiding players deficiencies that it seems to even stump pro scouts.

That's why Tatum has red flags for me. Has a very Okafor feel about his oldschool ISO heavy style. They both came into the league 10 years too late IMO.

On that, why was Simmons to heavily critisized for LSU's performances (especially Givony and Smitchz who had a clear agenda against him), whilst it's barely been mentioned with Fultz? They both clearly had terrible teams and coach yet for some reason it was a clear red flag for Simmons according to many..
There was a weird amount of hate that came from Jonathan Givony and draft express the entirety of Simmons year at LSU, they pretty much took any chance they could to take a shot at his game and personality. Simmons was a lot more out there in public than Fultz too, doing his documentary, the fact he was already in Lebron's crew who are known not to give info to Woj and his people (which includes Givony). They had Skal at #1 for so long before surrendering late that Simmons was the top prospect.

Agree on Tatum, I think he's basically Rudy Gay and not at all a guy I would want. He'll get buckets but it wont be conducive to playing winning ball imo.

It's ******* wild that Colangelo is dealing with Ainge given the hostility after last year's draft.

Also I'm not convinced Hinkie isn't still involved somehow, communicating secret messages through morse code or some s**t because last year Colangelo wanted to trade for ******* Dunn.

Wow, They actually live streamed his workout to the public. That pretty much confirms that the trade is locked in. Just like last year when Simmons didn't want to work out with us (apparently), but once we guaranteed to him that we were taking him #1, he came and did a public 'workout', which was more of a exhibition for the media.

Oh, and if you're still not convinced, then:

19225598_1379917135430401_1676805396600772717_n.jpg

Last edited:
PG: Fultz
SG: Covington
SF: Simmons
PF: Saric
C: Embiid

That team will be scary. Covington isn't a pure SG, but they don't have anyone better at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PG: Fultz
SG: Covington
SF: Simmons
PF: Saric
C: Embiid

That team will be scary. Covington isn't a pure SG, but they don't have anyone better at the moment.
Fultz
TLC
Covington
Simmons
Embiid

I like that archetype line up more, not sure how much Simmons and Dario can be on the floor together because of defense. We'll see tho.

I can't believe this is happening.

The fact that we've sent the 3 picks away to get Fultz is scary, but the fact the picks will have protections is a little less scary.

I'm excited, Fultz improves us dramatically.
In a vacuum it's an overpay (depending on the protections on the kings pick) and I might be annoyed if Fultz was the first piece of top tier talent the Sixers were adding, but to add Fultz who fits perfectly with the other guys they have in a position of need I have no issues with an overpay to have this core. It's not like it's being traded for some 28 year old guy on a big max that doesn't fit in age wise with Embiid/Simmons.

Also, there's been conflicting reports that it's 2 picks and not 3. Guess we just gotta wait it out until final details.

In a vacuum it's an overpay (depending on the protections on the kings pick) and I might be annoyed if Fultz was the first piece of top tier talent the Sixers were adding, but to add Fultz who fits perfectly with the other guys they have in a position of need I have no issues with an overpay to have this core. It's not like it's being traded for some 28 year old guy on a big max that doesn't fit in age wise with Embiid/Simmons.

Also, there's been conflicting reports that it's 2 picks and not 3. Guess we just gotta wait it out until final details.

I can't see it being pick #3 and 1 other pick that's protected.

Anyone else worried about his shooting in the workout? I counter 3/16 from 3 in that drill...that's %18...with noone in his face, under no pressure, and taking his time with extremely slow release (he has a pretty slow release in general). Now those rumours of Boston being disappointing of him shooting terribly at his Boston workout..

With his low ft%, it's a bit of a worry for me.

Bahaha. Thanks, this is my new wallpaper.

Anyone else worried about his shooting in the workout? I counter 3/16 from 3 in that drill...that's %18...with noone in his face, under no pressure, and taking his time with extremely slow release (he has a pretty slow release in general). Now those rumours of Boston being disappointing of him shooting terribly at his Boston workout..

Bahaha. Thanks, this is my new wallpaper.
I wouldn't put much stock in it, I think today was more just about appearances, getting to know him than anything else.

Here's him drilling a lot in a row to make you feel a bit better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back