Round 14 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you check scores and see Beams and Barrett combined for 44 points..................

* my life

Looked incidental to me. Ran at the player, turned to look at the ball and punch. Was a load of s**t. Anyway I just hate umpires giving a free kick because the guy wasn't looking. Who cares? As long as you don't infringe.
If you don't look at the ball and stick your arm up and fluke a spoil it's not a free. It's only if you touch the player as it's deemed you are not going for the ball but rather the player which is...naughty:p

If you don't look at the ball and stick your arm up and fluke a spoil it's not a free. It's only if you touch the player as it's deemed you are not going for the ball but rather the player which is...naughty:p
You're allowed to touch the player. It's a contact sport.
As long as you don't hit them high, push them in the back or hold on to them, play on.

Congrats to all the Dees supporters in here, what a midfield. Viney, wowee just tough.

Anyway,

As expected, after a sensational Thurs/Fri, Saturday gave me an absolute reaming of a lifetime with D Lloyd, Mountford, Wallis & Shaw all stinking it up.

1445/16

Hopefully some big scores tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're allowed to touch the player. It's a contact sport.
As long as you don't hit them high, push them in the back or hold on to them, play on.
In a marking contest if you run towards a player who is going to mark the ball and your sole intention is taking them out without going for the ball it's a free, so by not looking at the ball it's interpreted your taking out the player which is cheating which is why it's a free. A spoiler has to at least have intention of hitting the ball which they can't have if they aren't even looking at it.

In a marking contest if you run towards a player who is going to mark the ball and your sole intention is taking them out without going for the ball it's a free, so by not looking at the ball it's interpreted your taking out the player which is cheating which is why it's a free. A spoiler has to at least have intention of hitting the ball which they can't if they aren't even looking at it.

It's a free everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back